And Now—Sport

McGregor turned himself in to New York Police Department authorities on Thursday night, Rolling Stone confirmed with an NYPD spokesman following an initial report from NBC News. He was being sought for questioning in connection with an incident where he and a group of cohorts allegedly caused damage to a bus containing multiple athletes, coaches and managers. McGregor has been charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of criminal mischief, an NYPD spokesperson confirmed to Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...ns-in-police-custody-after-bus-attack-630312/

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
McGregor turned himself in to New York Police Department authorities on Thursday night, Rolling Stone confirmed with an NYPD spokesman following an initial report from NBC News. He was being sought for questioning in connection with an incident where he and a group of cohorts allegedly caused damage to a bus containing multiple athletes, coaches and managers. McGregor has been charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of criminal mischief, an NYPD spokesperson confirmed to Rolling Stone.

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...ns-in-police-custody-after-bus-attack-630312/
The footage of that and more is in this video including details on why McGregor was shouting about Putin, also about a terrorist snitch etc etc which also goes into Muslim terrorist training camp stuff .. (it's easier to watch the video for conspiracy links) ..

It'll be interesting to see if the outcome of this fight has any effect on the popularity of McGregor's Proper Twelve whiskey .. probably not if it's any good .. it's currently £29.99 a bottle.

https://sipwhiskey.com/product/proper-twelve-irish-whiskey/

Last edited:

Swifty

Last edited:

Swifty

I don't know if this will be broadcast on TV yet, the police and the fight authorities are studying the footage at the moment, the aftermath of the fight last night ..

cycleboy2

Abominable Snowman
England's Dier's "too robust" tackle against Real Madrid's Ramos .. :wcry:

View attachment 12357
That's fantastic. I played football this evening, and saw David Squires' fantastic cartoon in yesterday's Guardian that highlighted the tackle, but that's the first time I've seen it – couldn't happen to a nicer man!

I was nicknamed 'psycho' in one of the teams I played for years ago, but it was given ironically – that tackle is not in my repertoire. But there is a time and place for a tackle like that. And that was is it! Ramos is a thug who often gets away with overly physical football; this is a not-so-gentle reminder that it works both ways!

Swifty

That's fantastic. I played football this evening, and saw David Squires' fantastic cartoon in yesterday's Guardian that highlighted the tackle, but that's the first time I've seen it – couldn't happen to a nicer man!

I was nicknamed 'psycho' in one of the teams I played for years ago, but it was given ironically – that tackle is not in my repertoire. But there is a time and place for a tackle like that. And that was is it! Ramos is a thug who often gets away with overly physical football; this is a not-so-gentle reminder that it works both ways!

Back in the day when women weren't allowed to play.

A football club has appealed for help to discover more about two "illegal" women's football matches held in 1935.

Luton Town's historian found a photo, thought to be one of the events, as he looked through archives for a project.

Little is known about the games, and the club's Community Trust wants to hear from anyone with information.

The Football Association banned women from playing matches at affiliated clubs from 1921 until 1971, calling the sport "quite unsuitable for females".

A recently rediscovered photo shows an "illegal" women's match at Luton Town, believed to be in 1935

The photo is believed to have been taken in 1935, but it is not dated more precisely.

The club believes it could be related to a newspaper cutting, also recently rediscovered, advertising two women's games at its Kenilworth Road ground in April 1935 - the Bazaar Cup Final between Woolworth and Marks & Spencer, and a "Widows v Spinsters" tie.

The club said it wanted "to uncover the stories behind these illegal ladies football matches".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46059696

skinny

Antediluvian
Congrats on highlighting the unmentionable #. Lyth has the name, he has the skryer's number, but has he the grundle?
... well yes, if he plays Australia. But if he matches up against a worthy opponent, hmm I wundah.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Woah, match of your career, Sacha Zverev! But well out of order for the crowd to boo him after he beat Federer, it wasn't his fault the ballboy dropped a ball, it was the rules. Hope he recovers for tomorrow, he's a really nice kid.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Did Sacha recover tonight at the ATP Finals? In your face, Novak - we could have seen the birth of a new sporting superstar! Superb performance, plus as his winner's speech demonstrated (and commentator Boris Becker pointed out) he's a German with a sense of humour. All that and he looks like one of the Greek athletes from the Asterix comics (if thinner). I think he's impressed a lot of people this weekend.

Swifty

Right in the nads .. oof!

(Ayr United v Greenock Morton - November 2018)

skinny

Antediluvian
Ashes, Headingley 1981
Beefy taking Australia's best attack apart effortlessly. The beam ball at the end of the innings was a bit of a cheap shot - Beef gets four off it anyway. Class.
We're 1-1 in a 4 match test series with India. Very honest test cricket, both games.

skinny

Antediluvian
^How Willis swept Australia away the next and final day to win the match - snatched from the jaws of defeat.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
Ashes, Headingley 1981
Beefy taking Australia's best attack apart effortlessly. The beam ball at the end of the innings was a bit of a cheap shot - Beef gets four off it anyway. Class.
We're 1-1 in a 4 match test series with India. Very honest test cricket, both games.
^How Willis swept Australia away the next and final day to win the match - snatched from the jaws of defeat.
Great performances but let's not forget Dilley and Old, especially, removing Border.

P.S. Rooting for Aus. against India.

Coal

Polymath Renaissance Man, Italian Wiccan Anarchist
Ah, rooting means something else in Australia, Coal mate...we say barracking here.
'Supporting' Australia then. I know Kohli can bat, but he's the kinda guy you really really want to see lose...

Sadly this is unlikely to result in good news.

Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala was on a light aircraft which went missing over the Channel Islands, the French Civil Aviation authority said.

The £15m Argentine striker, 28, was one of two people on board the Piper Malibu which lost contact off Alderney in the Channel Islands on Monday night. Cardiff City signed Sala for a record fee from French club Nantes on Saturday and Guernsey Police said there was "no trace" of the Cardiff-bound flight. His family said they felt "desperate".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-guernsey-46954922

skinny

Antediluvian
Aussies doing well against Sri Lanka in the day-night test in Brisvegas.

To tennis.
I'm extremely impressed with Petrova Kvitova. She's on her way to the final in her first major back since being attacked in her own home. Go on, PK!! I've missed her.
Petra Kvitova has advanced to her first final of a major since she was stabbed in a vicious home invasion in late 2016, by beating Danielle Collins in straight sets in their Australian Open semi-final.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-24/petra-kvitova-makes-australian-open-final/10747294

GNC

King-Sized Canary
To tennis.
I'm extremely impressed with Petrova Kvitova. She's on her way to the final in her first major back since being attacked in her own home. Go on, PK!! I've missed her.
Petra Kvitova has advanced to her first final of a major since she was stabbed in a vicious home invasion in late 2016, by beating Danielle Collins in straight sets in their Australian Open semi-final.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-24/petra-kvitova-makes-australian-open-final/10747294
Yes, Petra has had quite the comeback, such a nice girl as well, she deserves a break (so to speak). The match against Naomi Osaka should be great, I'm not really bothered who wins, they're both deserving.

Watched Rafa in the semi-final and he was amazing. Some of those shots were superhuman. He's blessed with everything except good health, but it looks like he's worked out how to push himself to the limit and stay safe doing it. Stitch that, Novak!

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Congratulations to Naomi Osaka in the Australian Open, that should silence the sceptics. That second set! She was in tears, nearly gave the whole thing away, but regrouped and carried on. The mark of a champion. I bet you win Wimbledon again, Petra, don't be too downhearted. Great finale.