• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Animation

Pre-Robin Batman: the Animated Series, anything at all with Daffy Duck in it (one of my role models); anything with Droopy in it (unless it's the cameo in the otherwise unutterably awful Tom And Jerry Movie); The Iron Giant; Ren And Stimpy; the South Park movie (oddly, I'm kinda lukewarm about the series); Teen Titans (worth watching for the titles and title song alone!); Roger Ramjet; Top Cat; Akira; Kishin Heidan; the early Pixar shorts, especially the one with the snowman trying to escape the snowglobe.

[EDIT] Ooh, one of Stonedoggy's posts in another thread just reminded me of another one I like loads: Pinky And The Brain!!! [END EDIT]

the moomins, battle of the planets, akira, little otik(well it is partly animated :p ), the simpsons, futurama and many many more :D

TV series: The Simpsons, The Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Willo the wisp, Henry's cat (that little girl doing impressions of a foghorn makes me laugh every time lol), any cartoon with Marvin the Martian in it :D, Spiderman.

Films: Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Nightmare Before Christmas.

I like South Park, Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy. Justice League, THe earlier Batman Series and I liked when they had the hour where it was a 1/2 hr of batman then 1/2 hour of Superman, the new Duck Dodgers stuff is really funny. The old Warner Bros stuff and Tom & Jerry. Spongebob Squarepants, Samurai Jack, Teen Titans & Dexters Labratory & Pinky and The Brain.

Movies: Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Lilo & Stitch.

That is all I can think of now... I love cartoons.

The Simpsons, of course, and Futurama.

I used to like Wacky Races, Deputy Dawg and that cartoon series about Camelot (was it called 'King Arthur' or some such?)

And, recently, my sons were watching 'As Told by Ginger' on Nickelodeon, and I found myself quite enjoying it . . .

Carole

Yeah I have to watch As Told by Ginger weekly as my little girl adores it. I like it, very entertaining. I have to watch some other ones that I don't enjoy but hey that is the price of parenthood. I like the older Rugrats cartoons they make me laugh out loud. I am surprised I am the only one that mentioned Family Guy as that show is hilarious.

gl. i also like the new duck dodgers stuff (but im waiting for the makers to put in a clip of b5 to be shown on the view screen in dodgers ship) its a good pisstake of star trek and other sf films/progs etc

cow and chicken
i am weasel
ripping friends
ultimate muscle- its so bad its good (very good rip off of iwf)
samurai jack

and all the uk and japanese toons

Pokemon :D I can't live my life without it :) Yeah, I know I'm 23 and should know better etc etc but it's really good .

Tenchi muyo

Ghost in the shell

mysterious citys of gold

Tazmania

Dogtanion

and I really liked the super mario and Captain N the games master when I was a sprog.

Edit: How could I forget Ducktails :)

The classics - Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, Daffy Duck.

I used to watch 'Battle of the Planets' avidly. Two of my favourite more modern ones are 'Ox Tales' and 'Samurai Pizza Cats' - both of which I haven't seen for ages.

Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cities of Gold, Vicky the Viking, Ulysees, Battle of the Planets...

Cities of Gold Was great, don't remember anything that came close to that (I watched a lot of cartoons with my kids when they were little) We loved the Ren and Stimpy/Pinky and the Brain type ones too, and The Simpsons of course and Pokemon and Digimon. The Wild Thornberrys was one I watched quite often too (quite recently that one! Probably without my kids by then :D )

Totoro, Porko rosso, ..scooby doo (but not Scrappy doo)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates Hiyaeo Miyazaki - the guy makes beautiful films, and his 'Spirited Away' won the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar last year.

The Animatrix was pretty cool, and MTV's ultra-violent Aeon Flux was a hoot as well. Plus there's King of the Hill, Duckman, Ren & Stimpy, Earthworm Jim, Robotech, Batman, the 1940s Superman, Roobarb & Custard, Screwy Squirrel, Futurama, Stop that Pigeon........ I'm a bit of an animation freak, me.

I used to watch Aeon Flux. There is talk of it being made into live action, I am not exactly sure how they will translate it with out completely messing it up.

They will of course, completely mess it up.
They always do.

What are you kidding making tons of money with product placement alone.(Flintstones) And with Scooby Doo they had a built in kiddie fan base. They are saying Charlize Theron as lead character... not who I picture.

just found a few i used to watch as a kid and have fond memories of. captain caveman, captain pugwash, chorlton and the wheelies, dangermouse, doctor snuggles, family ness, the flumps, godzilla, henry's cat, hong kong phooey, ivor the engine, jamie and the magic torch, the magic roundabout, mr men, mr rossi, paddington, roobarb, schmoo, the smurfs, sport billy, trap door, ulysees 31, willo the wisp, the wombles.

nice site to remember childhood telly

Hong Kong Phooey number one super guy
Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye!

How could I forget that one? I loved it. :D

'Wait Til Your Father Gets Home' circa late 70's, early 80's was excellent.

Showing my age but I remember first time round...

The Flintstones
The Deputy Dawg Show (Dagnabit, Rocky!)
Yogi Bear (Smarter than the average bear)

And the brilliant:
Top Cat
The most effec-tu-al Top Cat
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him "T. C."
Providing it's with dignity

Top Cat
The indisputable leader of the gang
He's the boss
He's the whip
He's the number one VIP
He's the most tip top - Top Cat

Yes he's the chief
He's the king, but above everything
He's the most tip top - Top Cat!

Re: Totoro, Porko rosso, ..scooby doo (but not Scrappy doo)

King Sprout said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates Hiyaeo Miyazaki - the guy makes beautiful films,

im no expert but those tow films have an apeal for adults and children, whimiscal and mystical..and indeed the most beautifuly drawn cartoons ive ever seen. I would recomend them to anyone. I was quite upset at the end of Porko Rosso til someone pointed out the little plane next to the island.

Lillith said:
'Wait Til Your Father Gets Home' circa late 70's, early 80's was excellent.
But, sadly, memories of it rather get in the way of my enjoyment of both The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Lillith said:
That is now trapped in my head......thanks :hmph:

Erm...Sorry. :( I managed to get it stuck in my brain too....

Ahhh, I see, it's the animation equivalent of that video in 'The Ring', you have to pass it on ;)

Had one of those stories on a record of Top Cat when I was a kid I loved it. I had forgotten all about it and the song!!

Back