• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anomalous ‘Faery’ photo.

A

Anonymous

So, we got our photos back of our recent family holiday in France.
One photo was of the orchard that surrounded our cottage and the cows that wandered around that my kids took a particular shine to.

There it was: a few trees, two cows and an old barn. Nothing remarkable.
Then we saw something that shouldn’t be there.
Something pink and blue where there should have been greens and browns.

Above the cow and in front (?) of a tree trunk is a small figure seemingly in mid air – it’s not in focus and not a blemish, you can make out a head and body, but it’s too blurred to really suss it.

I’d like to get it looked at professionally to see what it could be, but as I have never had to deal with anything like this before, does anyone have a recommendation of what action I can take?

Or does anyone want to offer an explanation of what it might be?

Full photo

Close up

Closer view

Good suggestion.

Right sort of shape, wrong colour unless it was irredescent and the sunlight was doing odd things.

I must add that there were no flowers or blossom around, no one in the field behind and no ribbons tied to the trees.

I must also say that this photo was scanned in without any alteration straight from the Kodak pouch it came in. That's the closest it's got to a computer.

Any more suggestions?

Dragonfly?

We get some huge electric-blue jobs, down by the water in St Ives.

BTW whatever it is, it's a lot more convincing as a fairy than most alleged fairy photos that you see on the internet.

Timble said:
BTW whatever it is, it's a lot more convincing as a fairy than most alleged fairy photos that you see on the internet.
True.

In fact if you look closely, you could almost swear it was wearing a little pair of flowery, hippy, loon-pants!

See, mucked about with, attached:

It looks like one of my characters in Ultima Online, maybe she was taking a break from tailoring ?

Seriously :D its a weird shot in close up and no mistake. I love faery shots meself.

Could have been one or two people in the distance (behind the tree) walking out of the woods, out of focus because they are too far away. (see attachment). Actually, if you look at it as two people in the original close up, the top person looks vaguely demonic! :eek:

I've got a fairy photo too!

Last year my boyfriend took a photo a an aubergine (?) that we were growing in the garden. Photo was taken on a L'espion digital camera and we downloaded it straightaway.

This is the pic that came out...

The fairy just looks like a light flare to me.

But what is weird is, why is the cow (calf? heifer?) on the left apparently hovering six inches above the ground?

Perhaps the 'fairy' is an anti-grav device?! :eek!!!!:

Now you've pointed that out Rynner my eyes go funny when i look at the picture :blah:

<Edit>

Relooking at blow ups i like Taras' explanation, once you get your 'eye in' it sort of clicks into place.

Thanks for the replies, Guys.

GK, I love the aubergine pic!

Rynner, you're not the first to notice the hovering cow! Someone even suggested they were reverse vampire cows. :D

What's not clear from the photo is that the field behind is quite deep - around 100m, so if it was a person or people behind the tree in the field, they would be huge - estimate around 10 ft.

The farmer would beat his bounds at twilight, but we never saw anyone else in the field during the day, and if someone was there wearing bright pink, they should have been quite noticeable.

I'm stumped on this one.

I noticed that most of the photo is in focus apart from the apple tree leaves in the immediate foreground - what if this 'fairy' was really close to the camera? The problem is, that it's hard to find a place for the thing within the field depth, it could be behind or infront of the tree or closer to the camera, above the cow, between the cow and the tree......................

If it's a light anomaly, would it produce such a defined image?
Could it be a vertical dragonfly with the wings not showing?

answers on a postcard.......;)

It's as well remembering that blue often photographs as pink. An effect often seen when photographing a sea of bluebells, they come out a washed out bluey-pink colour.

Maybe it's the Cumberland Spaceman on holiday with his wife.

Could you give us the close up picture upside down? Sometimes then it shakes the "human shaped" associations away and one can see what it is.

uh-oh
now the pinky-bluey thingy looks like a big missile taking off in a cloud of smoke
and on the right i can see the profile of an old man...

ginoide said:
uh-oh
now the pinky-bluey thingy looks like a big missile taking off in a cloud of smoke
and on the right i can see the profile of an old man...

Uh, i'll have two of whatever you're taking! :D
Can't see either of those fingys!

just chianti
look at the thingy that was supposed to be a fairy: there's a long straight thing coming up toward you. looks like a... well, like a wurst or... like a missile... or... well. now go to the very right of it. there's a dark shadow, right? can't you see the profile of a man with bushy eyebrows?
no?
oh.

want some chianti?

Back