• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anomalous Felines

A

Anonymous

To all:
Reports of anomalous felines seem to be fairly common on the Fortean Times website, now. There is, for example, the section devoted to the Anomalous Big Cats in the British Isles, and the mysterious leopard or jaguar type big cat near Olinda, on Maui. On June 16, in Clarks Valley, Pennsylvania, a mountain lion was killed on State Game Land #211, approximately 18 miles north of Harrisburg. Apparently, it was the first time in at least a respectable stretch that a cougar had been spotted in Pennsylvania.

Julian Penrod

There have been sporadic sightings of mountain lion's
in Central Minnesota, as well... ALL dismissed by the
Dept. of Natural Resources no-it-all's as mis-identified
wildlife.

Finally, a family in my hometown shot some video
of two cubs frolicing in their field one morning.
Now the DNR-folk conceed that "since the decline in
farming, the fields are becoming over-grown and the
cats are re-claiming their original territory."

The local sightings go back 30 years, or more...
they've probably been here a lot longer,
and in greater numbers than "the experts" will admit.

TVgeek

You could write pretty much the same post as TVgeek but substitute Missouri for Minnesota. Very credible eyewitness testimony. Videotape. And The Dept of natural resources just dismiss it all. Infuriating.

Someone saw a puma again last week on the screes behind our house - it was on the news. It's been seen before and it's certainly a wild and open place, but I just don't know. I suppose I'm inclined to believe it as there's nothing particularly amazing about it, but I think I would be surprised if I ever saw it on one of my morning walks.

Yep, we get em in my neck of the woods too.....

Policeman spots 'cougar' in field

LEIGHTON Police rural beat officer, Pc Chris Pollard, is the latest person to report seeing a "big cat" prowling the nearby countryside.

Pc Pollard first spotted what he described as a panther-like animal in January, while driving on the outskirts of Stewkley with his girlfriend Sam.
"It was about 10.30pm and it just ran across the road in front of us into a gateway," he said.
"I couldn't believe what I had seen, but Sam said she saw it too."
His second sighting was at about 6pm last Thursday when he saw a similar dark-coated animal in a field off the B4032 Linslade to Soulbury road.
"It was pouncing on something in the long grass, like domestic cats do when playing with a mouse," said Pc Pollard.
Regular LBO readers will remember a spate of big cat reports last August that included an attack on two horses and a pony at Ivinghoe.
Heath and Reach big cat expert Chris Christoforou said Pc Pollard's description of the animal's pouncing behaviour led him to believe it was almost certainly a cougar.
"They are the same family as domestic cats and that is typical of how they play with small prey, such as a baby rabbit," he said.

by MICK KING

North America is experiencing an increase in rough tree-rich land just like England; England has more trees in the countryside now than at any time over the last two thousand years, despite the decrease in hedgerows.
The reason for this is the decline in forest management for firewood and timber.
So Mountain lions may well be on the increase in the USA;

Whether the ABC'S that are sometimes found in the wild in Britain represent a similar phenomenon is debatable.

Well, it's possible, I suppose- more places to hide, fewer people in the fields to disturb them;
fewer people as well who can make a good assessment of an animal's size from a silhouette alone.

Recent Kansas mountain lion reports

It's unfortunate that seemingly none of these witnesses have a strong naturalist or zoological background. And while I agree that an escape/released animal is far more likely, the dismissive 'no' offered by the state official is pretty arrogant. Last 'confirmed' puma in Kansas: 1908. OTOH, 'confirmed' cougar reports have come in from all the states bordering Kansas (Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma) within the last ten years.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors of mountain lion sightings persist
By Dave Toplikar, World Online Editor

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I got the word from the state on Monday -- there are no wild mountain lions living in Kansas.

But since I reported that my wife and I saw one Thursday evening on Kansas University's west campus, I've had nearly a dozen people tell me about their own close encounters with these large, unidentified feline objects.

That includes two people who also claim to have seen mountain lions on or near Kansas University's west campus in the last year. One man even told he hit one with his car.

Last Thursday, my wife Diane and I spotted one as we were driving a gravel road on west campus that runs from Westbrook Drive, up a hill to a radio tower just west of the new Dole Institute of Politics.

We saw a large, brown or black feline-like animal with a long tail walking ahead of us as we drove up the hill. The animal disappeared into the thick brush and trees as we approached.

After my report in Saturday's Journal-World, I've been getting e-mail and phone calls from others who also have seen mountain lions in the Lawrence area. The reports range from three weeks ago to 25 years ago.

Aside from reports such as mine, there is no evidence, photographic or otherwise, of wild mountain lions in Kansas, said Chad Luce of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.

Scott Getter, who works in landscape maintenance for Kansas University's facilities and operations department, has seen a mountain lion four or five times near a wooded area on KU's west campus. Getter pointed out the area Monday. __

And despite coffee-shop rumors, the state isn't releasing mountain lions to cut down on the deer population, Luce said.

"My guess is what you saw was an escaped or released animal," Luce said. "As far as mountain lions making a comeback, no."

Many disagree with him.

"Dave, I saw the same kind of animal last year, running across Crestline (Drive) as it comes down from the Lied Center," wrote KU Senior Vice Provost Kathleen McCluskey-Fawcett. "It was at sunset, and it ran across the road from the woods on the west side of the road into those on the east side. No one believed me either."

She's not alone among KU employees.
__

• _6News video: Sightings of big cats abound in area
• _Audio interview with Chad Luce, public information officer for Kansas Wildlife and Parks
• _Mountain lion may prowl running route through KU's west campus (8-9-03)
• _Mountain lion killed in crash probably wild (3-22-03)
• K-State to record Kansas puma sightings
• What to do if you encounter a puma

Scott Getter, who works for KU's facilities and operations department, e-mailed me about his sightings at KU.

Getter walked the gravel road with me Monday afternoon and showed me where he had four or five times seen a lion crossing the road. The last time was in September. We didn't find any tracks.

I also got a call Monday morning from Keith Chauvin, associate dean at KU's business school. Chauvin said he spotted what he thought was a mountain lion about 7 a.m. last March on 15th Street as he was driving east between Monterey Way and Kasold Drive.

Chauvin said it ran in front of him and he clipped it with the left front of his car. He turned his car around to see what it was, but it was gone.

"I couldn't swear it was a mountain lion. But I felt very confident it was a big cat," he said. "It was the size and color of a chocolate Labrador retriever, but it had the stride and motion of a cat."

Chauvin said he called police because he was worried it might be injured out in the woods. But he said he never heard back about it.

‘Not a bobcat'

Another KU employee, Paula Conlin, facilities coordinator at Nichols Hall on west campus, said she saw one in the same area three to four years ago.

Conlin said it was early morning as she was walking from 23rd Terrace north on Melholland Road up north of West 19th Street. She was following a path through an undeveloped area that took her up to Youngberg Hall.

"It was a lighter color. It definitely had a long tail. It was not a bobcat," Conlin said. She backed away and went to a friend's home to report the sighting to KU police. An officer came and looked around. But he couldn't find any evidence of it, she said.

Among the other reports I received:

• A man said he was out running three weeks ago early in the morning, about 6 a.m., in the Prairie Park/Mary's Lake area.

He wrote, "Coming around a corner, I'm surprised to see a big cat -- much bigger than any house or stray cat -- standing on the edge of the running trail no more than 50 feet in front of me. I was able to observe it for a couple seconds before it noticed me. My first thought was, that's definitely not a bobcat, as I've seen enough to know they indeed have short tails and this cat's tail reached down to the running path and curled a bit."

He told some friends, who joked with him about seeing things, so he didn't report it.

• Another man reported that three years ago he was watching a deer early in the morning near Baldwin, "when a brownish flash bounded in plain view. The buck had not a chance, as the lion bounded to a point about 10 yards behind. The buck then bolted to a wooded area with the lion gaining every bound."

He wrote that the lion's bounds were higher than the height of the buck.

"It reminded us of a scene from Africa," he wrote.

• Another woman left me a phone message that she saw one about three years ago near the wetlands on Louisiana Street. She said it crossed in front of her on a dark, misty night. She said her husband also spotted one at the Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant near De Soto.

"I can confirm there are mountain lions in this area," she said.

We'll just leave it at that.

Copyright © 2003 The Lawrence Journal-World. All rights reserved.

This is quite a logical thing to have happened.

I know where I live, there are bear in the middle of a 6 million person urban sprawl (GTA).

It was only a matter of time before wildlife began to adapt and reclaim lost territory.

A natural survival instinct would be of course to avoid man at all costs, and the punctuated equilibrium of mankind's efforts to tame the earth have probably led/will lead to all sorts of behavioral/genetic changes which will allow animals to survive and spread into more populated areas.

Coyote, bear, wolves have all been gradually moving back into the urban territory where I live, and I expect them to find a niche and thrive, unless we take steps to stop them (which we shouldn't, unless they become a danger).

I myself think this is great.

Re: Recent Kansas mountain lion reports

Originally posted by lopaka
[B Aside from reports such as mine, there is no evidence, photographic or otherwise, of wild mountain lions in Kansas, said Chad Luce of the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.

"As far as mountain lions making a comeback, no."

Ah, the dear M. Luce is still at it. Take a look at the the picture at http://www.ljworld.com/section/citynews/story/147906 (you can click on it to enlarge) and tell me what you see? A freaking coyote?! Give me a break. Swamp gas, more likely. Harrumph.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Big game on campus

Photo shows 'proof' of mountain lion

Wednesday, October 8, 2003

If you're hiking on Kansas University's west campus, don't drag a deer carcass with you. And, for heaven's sake, don't make any noises resembling a wounded rabbit.

A suspected mountain lion that has been seen skulking through the wooded terrain of west campus has apparently shown up again -- and there's photographic proof.

"I think this is going to go off like a bomb," said Mark Jakubauskas, a KU faculty member who claims to have caught the beast on film. "Having actual photographic proof is pretty cool."

Jakubauskas, a research assistant professor for the Kansas Applied Remote Sensing Program with the Kansas Biological Survey, has been seeking photographic proof of a mountain lion since August.

Though mountain lions have been confirmed in Missouri and Nebraska -- and despite dozens of witness reports in Kansas -- state wildlife officials have been resolute in denying the big cats exist in Kansas.

Jakubauskas, keen to prove otherwise, has been doing his big-game hunting with a motion detection-triggered wildlife camera.

He set up the camera in a wooded area on west campus after reports in August in the Journal-World, 6News and World Online that a mountain lion was seen in the past year by several people in that area.

Jakubauskas kept a low profile about his hunt -- he said he didn't want to raise expectations.
photo
Special to the Journal-World
Wildlife experts say the image of a mountain lion can be seen in this patch of grass on Kansas University's west campus. The photo was taken by a motion detection-triggered wildlife camera last week.

Neither did he want anyone to disturb the camera. He told only a co-worker and the associate director at the biological survey of his plans. He also told the Journal-World, which photographed him placing his camera.

"This is way outside my normal work," Jakubauskas said. "Normally I do all my remote sensing from satellite and aerial photography."

After setting up the camera, he checked it every week or so.

It was set up to take a flash photograph in the twilight or at night -- when mountain lions typically move about.

In the past few weeks, he captured photos of several deer and a raccoon.

Though he just discovered it Tuesday, the photo Jakubauskas thinks is of a mountain lion probably was shot Oct. 1, he said.

Second opinions

Jakubauskas e-mailed the photo to several people to get their opinions, including a friend who is a vertebrate ecologist and mammalogist -- Michael Shaughnessy, an assistant professor of biology at Morehead State University in Kentucky.

"That is almost certainly the mountain lion," Shaughnessy replied. "The giveaway is the size in comparison to the grasses. Notice particularly how the belly clears the 20- 30-centimeter grasses. That puts the animal higher than a bobcat.

"Additionally, the tail with the dark tip is diagnostic of mountain lions. The relative size puts it above house cats compared to the grasses, and on the off chance you had a Canada lynx -- you don't; the lynx has a stub of a tail and is spotted. It isn't a dog -- the tail is too vermiform."

Jakubauskas sent the image to others to get their opinions, but he hadn't received other responses by Tuesday evening.

Mark Luce, public information officer with Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks, said most sightings turned out to be other animals or escaped exotic pets.

Luce showed Jakubauskas' photo to Wildlife & Parks experts who have been studying mountain lion sightings.

He said they told him the photo was inconclusive and could be a coyote or a silver fox. Efforts to contact those experts late Tuesday were unsuccessful.

Luce, who doesn't claim to be an expert, admitted he didn't know what the animal in the photograph was.

"When I first saw the large picture, I thought it was a dog, a chow," Luce said. "Then when I looked at the tail, I hesitated because it didn't look dog-like."
photo
Scott McClurg/Journal-World Photo
Mark Jakubauskas, research assistant professor in the Kansas Applied Remote Sensing Program of the Kansas Biological Survey at Kansas University, talks about trying to capture a picture of a mountain lion on KU's west campus. Jakubauskas believes the image he captured Oct. 1 is of a mountain lion.

Leave it alone

Jakubauskas said he thought the mountain lion should be left alone instead of captured.

"It apparently hasn't posed a hazard to anybody," he said. "House pets haven't been disappearing, like other stories out on the Colorado front range, where domestic pets have been disappearing from the suburbs and joggers have been attacked.

"From what I've heard, there haven't been any reports like that around here," Jakubauskas said, "so I'd say until the thing presents a nuisance, it's doing all right by itself making a living."

Mountain lions, also known as cougars, were once native to Kansas but were eliminated by hunting and habitat destruction. After a mountain lion was struck during August on a Missouri highway, though, Dave Hamilton, a biologist with the Missouri Conservation Department, said the wild mountain lions may be migrating from South Dakota, Colorado or Texas.

Copyright © 2003 The Lawrence Journal-World. All rights reserved.

Well, I did ask people what they thought it looked like, so I appreciatre your answering. But, no, pete, I'm sorry. It's the size of a labrador retriever.

update

Mountain Lions

Committee to hear evidence on mountain lions

Monday, January 26, 2004

Have mountain lions made a comeback Kansas? And should the public be concerned?

The Kansas House Environment Committee will examine those questions Tuesday when it gets a report from a Kansas University professor who has been collecting evidence of mountain lions spotted on KU's West Campus.

Mark Jakubauskas, a research assistant professor with the Kansas Applied Remote Sensing Program in the Kansas Biological Survey, has been called in to testify before the committee at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in Room 231-N at the Statehouse.

His presentation will include a photo captured on KU's west campus, results of DNA analysis of animal droppings found near where the photo was taken and a map of confirmed cougars in the states surrounding Kansas.

Jakubauskas said Sunday he was surprised when he was told that the committee wanted him to give them a report about mountain lions.

"They totally initiated it," he said.

He was told that several legislators, their relatives and constituents have also had sightings around the state and want to hear about the KU mountain lion reports.

"My personal opinion is that mountain lions are making a comeback," he said.

Jakubauskas said that lawmakers might learn more if they could provided funding for a formal research study.
More mountain lion stories and information

He said that could include setting up more motion-detector cameras, paying for lab analysis of what might be mountain lion droppings or carefully examining each report.

The House committee will also hear a response from the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks. State wildlife officials have said they don't doubt there could be mountain lions in Kansas, but they have never come across any conclusive evidence, such as a mountain lion carcass or a good set of tracks.

There have been no officially confirmed reports of mountain lions in Kansas since one was killed about a century ago.

Last fall, Jakubauskas set up a motion-detector camera after several stories were reported in the Journal-World about mountain lion sightings. A local journalist wrote a column about spotting one just west of the new Dole Institute of Politics on KU's West Campus.

That spurred others to come forward with their own accounts, including a KU maintenance employee and two KU administrators.

In October, Jakubauskas made public a night flash photo of a large cat-like animal that was taken by a motion-detector camera.

Jakubauskas' photo drew statewide headlines, but a mixed reaction from Kansas wildlife experts. They said they couldn't determine if the animal was or was not actually a mountain lion.

Looking for more proof, Jakubauskas found some animal droppings near where he took the photo. He sent them off to a lab for analysis, which showed the droppings were definitely from a mountain lion.

Copyright © 2004 The Lawrence Journal-World. All rights reserved.

My local one just hit the usual problem, when some hair that apparently came from it was tested it turned out to be from the collie owned by the guy who reported the sighting.

I can't believe I just wrote "My local one" as if they are common.

Black panthers in Alabama?

Seen a black panther in Alabama? Statistics say 'no way’
The Tuscaloosa News
January 25, 2004

How do you know what to believe? All of the logic points one way. Credible people point another.

Wild panthers in Alabama are like UFOs; people want very badly to believe in them. Never was that demonstrated any more clearly than last week when a picture of a man holding a huge cougar began making the rounds on the Internet.

Information with the picture claimed the big cat was shot around Millbrook. Turns out the cougar met his end a little west of there -- Washington state. Yet, all it took was a picture and a claim and folks were saying, “We knew they were there all along."

I admit that it got my attention. The cat was anatomically correct to have possibly been killed in Alabama. But I was skeptical enough to check it out. As has been the case every time “proof" of a panther’s existence in Alabama appears, it turned out not to be true.

What are the facts? First, an animal known as a panther once roamed Alabama’s woodlands. This panther was the same thing as a cougar. The Florida panther, a subspecies of cougar, still exists in an isolated region of south Florida. Biologists believe that is the same animal that once called Alabama home.

“I think the scientific community is in pretty good agreement that this would have been in the range of the Florida panther," said Keith Guyse, a state biologist based in Montgomery. “From the mountains north, that would have been the range of the Eastern cougar."

The Florida panther still exists. There is no evidence that the Eastern cougar still exists.

Second, the last panther, cougar, mountain lion, whatever you prefer to call this beast, verified in the wild in Alabama was killed in 1948 in St. Clair County. The farmer who shot it took a picture of it. It was a 109-pound specimen.

There also seems to be some evidence that:
A cougar was shot in Tuscaloosa County in 1956
A cougar track was verified in the Stimpson Sanctuary in Clarke County in 1961
A state wildlife official verified a cougar den with cubs in northern Baldwin County sometime in the late 1950s or early ’60s.

Third, all of these verified cougars were golden in color. I’ve heard several reports of gold-colored cats that I believe. I believe the security guard at the factory near the Tuscaloosa airport who said he saw one. I believe my brother-in-law who caught a glimpse of one on a roadside near Selma. I believe them specifically because they identified these cats as having a golden coat.

I believe them because such a cat was once native to Alabama. I believe them because even if the native cats are all gone, what they’ve seen could be a caged cougar that escaped into the wild. Part of the reason I believe it is that people have heard their blood-curdling screams at night -- people who say they know the difference between what they’ve heard and the scream of a bobcat. In short, it’s at least theoretically possible.

Many people who report seeing panthers say the cats are black. I used to say that people who claimed to have seen black panthers were just lying. They wanted to spin a good hunting yarn, had heard about panthers in Alabama and had been to Tarzan movies. They assumed the “black panther" they saw in the Tarzan movie was the “panther" that inhabited Alabama and this was the evidence of their untruth.

The problem is, people who have recently told me about first-hand sightings of black panthers aren’t liars. They’re truthful people who don’t spin yarns for the heck of it. But the problem with believing them is that the darn animal just doesn't exist.

Sure, you’ve seen an all-black cat on TV or in a zoo and someone called it a black panther. Without a doubt, this animal is real. But there is no species of cat called a black panther.

These all-black cats, as documented by Mark Bailey in the Winter issue of Alabama Wildlife magazine, are “black phase" leopards and jaguars. Leopards live in Africa and jaguars live in Central and South America. These cats are normally spotted but every so often one turns out all black. But there is no species of big cat that is always all black.

No one has ever verified the existence of an all-black cougar or Florida panther anywhere, much less in Alabama. And that is the only species of long-tailed cat ever to inhabit Alabama. It would be rare enough to even see a cougar in Alabama. So calculate the odds of seeing a black one, the existence of which has never been verified.

“The species almost certainly no longer exists in Alabama, but even if there were a thousand left, it is extremely unlikely that there would be even one black individual," Bailey writes in his Alabama Wildlife article “The Myth of the Black Panther".

Frankly, biologists are skeptical that cougars or panthers of any color exist in Alabama. Their question is, “Where are they?"

Guyse notes that when hunters or biologists want to catch or kill a cougar out west or a Florida panther down south, they turn a pack of dogs loose. The cat, once jumped, almost immediately goes up a tree where it knows it’s safe from the dogs.

“There are dogs all over this state," Guyse said. “But they just don’t chase panthers up trees here."

Nobody has treed one on a deer drive. No one has shot one while stalk hunting (which I’m not encouraging because it’s highly illegal). No one has hit one with a car. No one has gotten a picture of one with an automatic game camera.

It might be argued that these are extremely elusive animals that live in only the remotest parts of the state. The same is true of Alabama’s tiny black bear population and Florida’s remnant panther population.

Yet each year, hunters manage to tree Florida panthers and Alabama black bears while hunting. Every year, a couple of each of these species are killed on highways and wildlife authorities document their deaths.

So what do I believe? I believe that a small number of cougar or panther sightings each year are true. They come from people like my brother-in-law who aren't hunters and have never heard of panthers or cougars in Alabama. They weren’t expecting to see a cougar or panther and yet they did.

I find it most likely that these are Western cougars escaped from captivity. They move until they quit seeing people and then they quit moving. Eventually they die without reproducing. That’s strictly a hypothesis.

But what about the mysterious black cats? I have a theory about how people came to believe that the panther that inhabited Alabama was black. I believe that they heard that a cat known as a panther once inhabited Alabama. Great Granddaddy saw one while he was squirrel hunting back in the 1890s.

But the real panther has long since disappeared. Great Granddaddy knew that the cat was tawny-colored and when he passed on the story, he saw no need to relate information about the cat’s color. Great Granddaddy was raised in rural Alabama without television or magazines. The only panther he’d ever heard of was golden colored, so there was no need to tell anyone it was a “golden panther."

Having heard his elder’s story but having never seen a panther in Alabama or even a picture of one, Grandson goes to the zoo or circus or sees “Look" magazine. Behind bars or in glossy ink is a solid black “panther," really a black phase leopard or jaguar. He surmises that this is the kind of cat Great Granddaddy ran into.

As they years go by, he retells Great Granddaddy’s story and in it, the cat is always black. He and all who hear this yarn fully expect that when they see a panther it will be black. They don’t know that the real native panther was golden.

Some people see Labrador retrievers at a distance and they become panthers. Some people see large black housecats or even dark bobcats in low light and they become panthers. Usually all they get is a fleeting glance and for some reason don't have the right perspective on distance. Some may even see one of my theoretical feral cougars and, so fully expecting it to be black, it becomes black in their mind.

Then there are two friends I have here in this building who claim to have observed one at close quarters. One friend says it leapt across the road in front of him in broad daylight. The other says she observed one on the edge of her yard as a child. Both have no doubts about what they saw.

These are truthful people with vivid memories. I don’t think they’re lying but I don’t know what they saw. As Guyse said of such reports, the people who saw it are the only ones who can pass judgment on what it was they saw.

But like the biologists, I’m going to have to see one dead or alive to believe it exists.

Reach Robert DeWitt at [email protected] or at (205) 722-0203 or (866) 400-8477, Ext. 203.

Reader's response to above story:

Black panthers do live in Alabama

Susie Kornegay
Centreville
February 02, 2004

Dear Editor: I read an interesting article in The Tuscaloosa News a few days ago titled “Seen a black panther in Alabama? No way," by Robert DeWitt. I was a little disappointed in the writing about cats and panthers not being in Alabama.

I live in Bibb County. I haven’t studied a lot about animals and haven’t been hunting but a few times. But since I was a child and lived in the country, I have heard of black panthers roaming the woods in Alabama. Our forefathers talked about them, and I believed their stories -- or their truths -- about seeing them.

Two or three years ago, I was driving on the highway near a swamp (near 82, east of Tuscaloosa in Eoline, Alabama). I was on my way home when a big black panther crossed the road right in front of me. It was big, beautiful and as black as an ace of spades.

I’m not able to prove it to anyone else (especially the writer) because if I had had a camera, I would have been afraid to get out of the car and would not have had time to snap a picture.

People should take other folks at their word more, because I could hardly believe it myself. You know animals have four legs and are free to roam where they please.

You can’t always go by statistics. In my case, I guess seeing is believing.

sureshot

Mtn lion

Unfortunately not considered Fortean here in British Columbia...we have the highest population anywhere in the world.

Leads one to wonder, if one sees an ABC of some type here do you autmatically assume it is just a mountain lion, and not notice the strangeness - and does the ABC sighting go unreported?

Back