• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Australian Megalithic Sites? (New South Wales; Bathurst)

sunsplash1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
*{'Spash apologises in advance if this is posted in the wrong thread}*

Doing a bit of research/leisure and have come across a reference to a Stonehenge type formation in Bathhust (Australia!), of all places. Anyone heard of this before? Credible? Bull***t?

:)

This Web transcription of a 1976 article by Rex Gilroy in Psychic Australian focuses on the Bathurst structure(s).

https://www.mysteriousaustralia.com/strangephenomenond.html

I know its going to surprise a great many Australians, but Megalithic stone structures reminiscent of England's famous Stonehenge exist in central western New South Wales. How did they get there? Who built them? The answers to these and many more questions arising from these enigmas our ancient past may for the present only be guessed at, but to my mind these mysterious structures point to the existence, here in Australia, of an advanced civilisation that flourished before the dawn of recorded history.

Since most Australians have for so long been conditioned into believing that our history only commenced with the arrival of Captain Cook, it is not at all surprising to me that nobody ever thought to even consider the possibility that an earlier civilisation may have occupied this continent thousands of years ago. In fact, I could never bring myself to believe that Australia merely sat there in limbo of unchartered seas just waiting for the coming of Captain Cook and British settlement. This conviction led me years ago to seek out the truth. The search has since taken me far and wide and over the years my findings have multiplied far beyond anything that I had ever thought possible.​

Gilroy's excerpt from his book URU-The Lost Civilisation of Australia about the Bathurst structure(s) can be accessed at:

https://www.rexgilroy.com/uru_chapter7.html

The Bathurst Stonehenge
The NSW Central West contains a host of megalithic stone arrangement sites, some being the earliest built on Earth. Many more surely await discovery, probably overlooked because of their badly weathered condition. This is the case with a number of sites just west of the Blue Mountains. During 1969 I came across a large granite pillar-like menhir, a standing stone 4.6m in height by 4m in circumference, erected upon a hillside overlooking the Fish River south of Lithgow. Upon one side I detected a number of very faded engraved symbols too indistinct to be identified. Over the next few years I would find a number of widely-scattered crude stone circles and other ancient structures weathering on nearby hillsides. ...​

Last edited:
Back