• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anton LeVay Killed Jayne Mansfield?

MrRING

Android Futureman
Or so the legend goes....

After a string of rather s****y films she found herself doing nudey night club acts and bizarre sleazy documentary type exploitation films (the infamous Promises! Promises!). Mansfield became involved with Anton LeVay's Church of Satan (in the gallery section is a photo of Mansfield and LeVay in a ritual) shortly before her death and that's where her story becomes rather strange.

Mansfield became involved with Anton LeVay and his Church of Satan in the mid sixties. Mansfield wanted to put a curse on her husband who was in the middle of a custody battle with her. When the court decided in her favor she became convinced that the rituals worked. When her youngest son was mauled by a lion at an animal park (I kid you not), she sought out LaVey to perform a ritual to save her son. Her son soon recovered and Mansfield was so blown away she dedicated herself to the church and LaVey. Mansfield's boyfriend, Sam Brody, was none to thrilled with his squeezes obsession with Satan and began threatening LaVey.

Soon LaVey got ticked off and threw down a haymaker of a curse on Sam, warning Mansfield to stay away from him. Mansfield didn't listen. The car her and Sam were traveling in rear ended a truck killing Sam in the collision and decapitating Mansfield (there seems to be an ongoing argument on if she was beheaded or if it was a wig that flew off her head). LaVey would later reveal that he mistakingly caused Mansfield's death. In the midst of his rituals he stopped to clip some newspaper articles. One article when flipped over revealed a picture of Mansfield on the back headless, he had snipped it off. Upon reflecting on the headless body the phone rang, the caller passing the news that Mansfield had just died.

http://www.debased.com/debased/content/celebrities/m/jayne-mansfield.html

And at the Church of Satan site:

LEGEND: Jayne Mansfield, Hollywood sex symbol and actress, was a card-carrying Satanist and had an affair with ASL.

REALITY: Publicity agent Tony Kent, an associate of Ed Webber, arranged the meeting between Mansfield and ASL as a publicity stunt. ASL was smitten with the actress. Mansfield, who made no secret of her many affairs, denied knowing ASL intimately, and no associate of hers has ever confirmed any supposed romance with ASL. In a 1967 interview she said, "He had fallen in love with me and wanted to join my life with his. It was a laugh." According to ASL's publicist Edward Webber, Mansfield would ridicule her Satanic suitor by calling from her Los Angeles home and seductively teasing him while her friends listened in on the conversation. ASL's public claims that he had an affair with Mansfield began only after Mansfield's death in an automobile accident, which he also claimed was the result of a curse he had placed on her lover Sam Brody.

SOURCES: Edward Webber (interview by Aquino 6/2/91); interview with Mansfield quoted in Jayne Mansfield by May Mann, Pocket Books, 1974.

http://fcos.us//aslv.html

Hmmm... considering how the modern COS is trying to distance themselves from Levay, maybe they are playing down this incident.... or maybe Levay just wanted the publicity and made it up, like so much about his life. Anybody know more?

Anton La Vey (he of the nylon devil-suit and also a cameo appearance in Rosemary's Baby as the Devil in the conception scene) and Mansfield apparently quarrelled and he cursed her, with this terrible result.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's an entertaining documentary film called Mansfield 66/67 which goes into detail about Jayne's supposed Satanism. Spoiler: it's pretty much all made up, but see the film, there's some good talking heads and unusual quirks to it.

Anton La Vey (he of the nylon devil-suit and also a cameo appearance in Rosemary's Baby as the Devil in the conception scene) and Mansfield apparently quarrelled and he cursed her, with this terrible result.
I don't think either of them were in that film...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mansfield wasn't in Rosemary's Baby. After her death ALV claimed to have cursed her.
Anton La Vey made a lot of claims about many things. He was a complete bullshit artist.

Old Anton claimed to have played the devil.

It's clear LaVey didn't serve as technical advisor on the film, nor did he play the devil in the rape scene. These allegations have been more than reasonably debunked - not least by the Church of Satan itself:

http://www.churchofsatan.org/aslv.html

However ...

It was widely reported he'd claimed one or both these connections with the film. It's not clear (or at least not documented / recorded) that he actually made either claim.

The claiming is still an open issue; the things allegedly claimed didn't happen.

It's clear LaVey didn't serve as technical advisor on the film, nor did he play the devil in the rape scene. These allegations have been more than reasonably debunked - not least by the Church of Satan itself:

http://www.churchofsatan.org/aslv.html

However ...

It was widely reported he'd claimed one or both these connections with the film. It's not clear (or at least not documented / recorded) that he actually made either claim.

The claiming is still an open issue; the things allegedly claimed didn't happen.

Still being talked about, 20-odd years after his death. He'd love that.

I was just reminded of this all over again, which I posted on 'Old School Cool', while watching 'Beyond The Unknown'. Jayne Mansfield was having an affair with the Church of Satan founder, Anton LaVey. He became furious when Mansfield dumped him for her attorney, Sam Brody, who was handling her children custody issues. Supposedly he said that Brody would die in a car crash, which he did a few weeks later, along with Mansfield. I still wonder if curses can really harm people?

Did the Devil Kill Jayne Mansfield?​

As Mansfield’s personal life was at its most complicated—she was dating her married attorney Sam Brody while fighting for custody of her fifth child with her third husband—she took help wherever she could find it. Did she really believe that LaVey’s spells would bring her good fortune? Hard to say. But when LaVey and Brody locked horns, LaVey allegedly hexed him, and warned Mansfield that he’d die in a car crash.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/jayne-mansfield-death-satan-documentary

1660599686262.png

There's an entertaining documentary film called Mansfield 66/67 which goes into detail about Jayne's supposed Satanism. Spoiler: it's pretty much all made up, but see the film, there's some good talking heads and unusual quirks to it.
Here's the trailer:

The documentary was initially released in 2017, so I wouldn't bet on its ever being available on VHS.

The documentary was initially released in 2017, so I wouldn't bet on its ever being available on VHS.
No, I see that - but I have a DVD / VCR player all in one, I bought a few of them before they were discontinued, so I'll have to get a DVD.
Thankfully, there are plenty available on ebay.

I completely believe that a curse could harm someone. I have personal experience of it happening. Not a curse exactly, but a protection "spell" which caught up with someone who'd destroyed the object it was protecting.
Or it could just have been coincidence....

Church of Satan have delegations in Europe as far as I know, at least it have in Barcelona from many decades till now, with some delegations in other Spanish cities. Don't know if is in other European countries. Someone know?
Cult of Toth have some far relationship with them, but not in a positive way, some satanites told me that MOTUU was considered a forbidden book in that church, causes talks about evilness in magic in a not the usual glorifying terms we are used in ocultim.

Doesn't it seem rather odd that once Anton LaVey put a curse on Sam Brody, and actually said that Brody would die in a car accident, that he was in six car accidents between 1966 - 1967, the final one killing him and Jayne Mansfield?

I've read this in several sites, but this one has the most photos:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6230856/jayne-mansfield-satanic-sex-cult-film/

BLONDE BOMBS-HELL

Mansfield 66/67 explores mystery of how Hollywood sex symbol Jayne Mansfield ended up in the grip of a satanic sex cult and dead at 34​

After supposedly falling foul of a LaVey spell, Sam was involved in six serious road accidents.

Doesn't it seem rather odd that once Anton LaVey put a curse on Sam Brody, and actually said that Brody would die in a car accident, that he was in six car accidents between 1966 - 1967, the final one killing him and Jayne Mansfield?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6230856/jayne-mansfield-satanic-sex-cult-film/

BLONDE BOMBS-HELL

Mansfield 66/67 explores mystery of how Hollywood sex symbol Jayne Mansfield ended up in the grip of a satanic sex cult and dead at 34​

After supposedly falling foul of a LaVey spell, Sam was involved in six serious road accidents.
6 serious road accidents in one year seems a little excessive. Maybe he was just a terrible driver.

6 serious road accidents in one year seems a little excessive. Maybe he was just a terrible driver.
LOLOL - he would have to be suicidal to have that many accidents in one year!
I seriously wonder about these curses, who knows, and could it only be coincidence that Anton LaVey specified car accident?

BLONDE BOMBS-HELL

I wonder if it's true that JM had an IQ of 160, which puts her at genius level? If it is, just shows that common sense doesn't always coincide with intelligence.

Some say that LaVey was the ghostly figure on the gatefold photo of the 'Hotel California' album;
http://www.feelnumb.com/2017/03/17/...to-location-ghost-lido-hollywood/#lightbox/4/
Certainly looks like him!
He sure got around and knew everyone there was to know.
And interestingly, I found that 'spells' are very much available online, everything from 'money spells' to 'love spells' to 'making someone ill' to 'becoming a vampire spell':

https://charmedwitchcraft.com/

Of course, you have to purchase some black candles and goddess oil and banishing oil, but maybe it's worth a try! :)

Back