Any Chance a Scottish UnCon?

Kellydandodi

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
133
Reaction score
3
Points
34
For those who can't/won't do London? Or is there something similar up and running in Caledonia that I am blissfully unaware of?
 

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
4,349
Points
184
Kellydandodi said:
For those who can't/won't do London? Or is there something similar up and running in Caledonia that I am blissfully unaware of?
This would seem like a good opportunity to mention the Edinburgh Fortean Society - we meet on the second Tuesday of every month at the Canon's Gait Bar on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.

Gordon
 

zarathustraspake

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
339
Reaction score
4
Points
32
Are there any similar groups in Wales? I haven't come across any so far.
 

Scunnerlugzz

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
149
Reaction score
7
Points
32
hey, we could have it in Edinburgh in August, sell tickets and call it a Fringe show!
 

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
4,349
Points
184
Scunnerlugzz said:
hey, we could have it in Edinburgh in August, sell tickets and call it a Fringe show!
Only if we want to lose our houses in the process!

Remember I will be posting reviews of Fortean Fringe shows on the main FT website.

Gordon
 

gerardwilkie

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
Oct 17, 2001
Messages
607
Reaction score
36
Points
49
gordonrutter said:
Kellydandodi said:
For those who can't/won't do London? Or is there something similar up and running in Caledonia that I am blissfully unaware of?
This would seem like a good opportunity to mention the Edinburgh Fortean Society - we meet on the second Tuesday of every month at the Canon's Gait Bar on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.

Gordon
I'll need to try and come to the next one. I say that everytime and always end up forgetting about it.
 

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
4,349
Points
184
gerardwilkie said:
I'll need to try and come to the next one. I say that everytime and always end up forgetting about it.
The next one is the 12th of September and it will be Caroline Watt speaking about the work of the Koestler Institute of Parapsychology.

Gordon
 

oll_lewis

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
Feb 14, 2002
Messages
1,875
Reaction score
18
Points
69
zarathustraspake said:
Are there any similar groups in Wales? I haven't come across any so far.
I'll be setting up a cardiff and glamorgan fortean event at some point, I'm planning something this halloween as it happens as a fundraiser but if that goes well regular meetings might be on the cards, as i live with jon downes and richard freeman and help organise weird weekend I'm at a serious advantage when it comes to being able to contact a list fortean speekers and i know people who will let me use their venues free.

if anyone in south wales is interested in helping out or just suporting the project send me a pm and i'll get the ball rolling after the weird weekend if the interest's there :)
 

ComradeDX

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
17
What time do yous usually meet at the bar? I'd love to come along but i work 5-10pm on tuesdays.
 

Pietro_Mercurios

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
12,022
Reaction score
170
Points
114
There's a 'Not The UnCon' meet, in Edinburgh, on Saturday, 22nd of September!

min_bannister said:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=708738

Whoohoo! We have a date, the 22nd of September. Tickets will be £10. Details of the venue and where to send your ticket money to follow soon. :)

Edit-Oh yes, and we'll let you know which speakers we have as well..
min_bannister said:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Confirmed speakers:

Gail Nina Anderson
Ian Simmons
Caroline Watt (of the Koestler Institute of Parapsychology here in 'Burgh)
Some chap called Gordon Rutter

Subjects to be confirmed.

There will also have "Fort Shorts" where people can do 5 or 10 minute pieces on what interests them if they like. :)

We might also have Richard Freeman but not confirmed yet.
min_bannister said:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

The venue is confirmed as The Counting House, address and map at the link. Tickets will be £10 and cheques should be made payable to Gordon Rutter and sent to:

EdFort,
c/o Voga
22 Leven Street
Edinburgh
EH3 9LJ

We will not be sending out tickets so make sure you give us your email address and name so we can write you down on our list and send a reciept of your payment.

You will be able to buy drinks at the pub underneath and take them upstairs there are also plenty of places to buy food if you don't fancy pub grub so it is a pretty good venue. :) Oh and it is quite central so should be easy to get to.
There's probably still time to book! :yeay:
 

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
4,480
Reaction score
5,665
Points
234
Yes there is, it is shaping up to be a good day and don't forget there are other fortean activities possible such as ghost walks and a foray to Arthur's Seat to look for fairy coffin caves (if you want to find out what this is about you'll have to come ;) )!

ComradeDX said:
What time do yous usually meet at the bar? I'd love to come along but i work 5-10pm on tuesdays.
From about 8 the talk starting at 8.30. It is at the Three Tuns now.
 
Top