• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Any Chance a Scottish UnCon?

Kellydandodi

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
For those who can't/won't do London? Or is there something similar up and running in Caledonia that I am blissfully unaware of?

Kellydandodi said:
For those who can't/won't do London? Or is there something similar up and running in Caledonia that I am blissfully unaware of?

This would seem like a good opportunity to mention the Edinburgh Fortean Society - we meet on the second Tuesday of every month at the Canon's Gait Bar on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.

Gordon

hey, we could have it in Edinburgh in August, sell tickets and call it a Fringe show!

Scunnerlugzz said:
hey, we could have it in Edinburgh in August, sell tickets and call it a Fringe show!

Only if we want to lose our houses in the process!

Remember I will be posting reviews of Fortean Fringe shows on the main FT website.

Gordon

gordonrutter said:
Kellydandodi said:

This would seem like a good opportunity to mention the Edinburgh Fortean Society - we meet on the second Tuesday of every month at the Canon's Gait Bar on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.

Gordon

I'll need to try and come to the next one. I say that everytime and always end up forgetting about it.

gerardwilkie said:
I'll need to try and come to the next one. I say that everytime and always end up forgetting about it.

The next one is the 12th of September and it will be Caroline Watt speaking about the work of the Koestler Institute of Parapsychology.

Gordon

zarathustraspake said:
Are there any similar groups in Wales? I haven't come across any so far.

I'll be setting up a cardiff and glamorgan fortean event at some point, I'm planning something this halloween as it happens as a fundraiser but if that goes well regular meetings might be on the cards, as i live with jon downes and richard freeman and help organise weird weekend I'm at a serious advantage when it comes to being able to contact a list fortean speekers and i know people who will let me use their venues free.

if anyone in south wales is interested in helping out or just suporting the project send me a pm and i'll get the ball rolling after the weird weekend if the interest's there :)

What time do yous usually meet at the bar? I'd love to come along but i work 5-10pm on tuesdays.

There's a 'Not The UnCon' meet, in Edinburgh, on Saturday, 22nd of September!

min_bannister said:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=708738

Whoohoo! We have a date, the 22nd of September. Tickets will be £10. Details of the venue and where to send your ticket money to follow soon. :)

Edit-Oh yes, and we'll let you know which speakers we have as well..
min_bannister said:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Confirmed speakers:

Gail Nina Anderson
Ian Simmons
Caroline Watt (of the Koestler Institute of Parapsychology here in 'Burgh)
Some chap called Gordon Rutter

Subjects to be confirmed.

There will also have "Fort Shorts" where people can do 5 or 10 minute pieces on what interests them if they like. :)

We might also have Richard Freeman but not confirmed yet.
min_bannister said:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

The venue is confirmed as The Counting House, address and map at the link. Tickets will be £10 and cheques should be made payable to Gordon Rutter and sent to:

EdFort,
c/o Voga
22 Leven Street
Edinburgh
EH3 9LJ

We will not be sending out tickets so make sure you give us your email address and name so we can write you down on our list and send a reciept of your payment.

You will be able to buy drinks at the pub underneath and take them upstairs there are also plenty of places to buy food if you don't fancy pub grub so it is a pretty good venue. :) Oh and it is quite central so should be easy to get to.
There's probably still time to book! :yeay:

Yes there is, it is shaping up to be a good day and don't forget there are other fortean activities possible such as ghost walks and a foray to Arthur's Seat to look for fairy coffin caves (if you want to find out what this is about you'll have to come ;) )!

ComradeDX said:
What time do yous usually meet at the bar? I'd love to come along but i work 5-10pm on tuesdays.

From about 8 the talk starting at 8.30. It is at the Three Tuns now.

Back