• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Any ideas?

painy2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Can you please take a look at the picture and give me your opinions.

Tell me if you see anything in it at all, or if its just a normal picture with nothing odd about.

I will explain why/where the pic was taken after i get some feedback because i dont wont to influence anybody.

Picture

seems unnotable... light flare on shiney cabinet?....

looks ordinary, not sure what that white blob on/in front of the cupboard above the cooker is caused by though

There is a mark on the negative that looks like a white spot, but it's not "in" the picture.

The cookers in an odd place!

The white mark looks like it is a mark either on the picture or the negative to me.

Carrots!! Is the answer carrots?

There appears to be some artefact of the flash on the metal boiler case - it looks a bit like escargot's "out of trouser experience" photo ;)

That's the biggest sperm I've ever seen - shades of Eraserhead!

-Fitz

Ok, general opinion seems to be nothing noteable.

The photo was taken at approx 1930 this evening in Lacock primary school kitchen. It was taken with a Fujifilm Finepix A101 1.3mega pixel Digital camera. I dont know the shutter speed because im not very good with camera's but if anyone knows how i would find out i could tell you.

A bit about Lacock

My sister has been working in the school as a cleaner for a few months now, she works alone mostly but sometimes with her boyfriend.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened for a while, but over the last few weeks things have been happening, She has started to feel very uncomfortable going into certain rooms (one of them being the kitchen where the photo was taken). She has also heard voices, heard children and heard footsteps. Her husband has also heard the same.

About 2 weeks ago i went down there armed with my digi cam to see what i could capture on film, if anything. I took 26 photo's then rushed home to upload them to my pc, i started looking through them and found nothing of note untill i got to the photo's that were taken in the main class room (which she is very scared of going into), There were no orbs or ghostly figures, in fact there was nothing at all. Nothing at all, apart from a red blob on the side of the camera.
The flash did go off at the time, so i put it down to being just a failed picture.

I carried on looking at the pictures and came to another picture that was taken in the above mentioned room, and once again nothing came out. Nothing. This is what the photo's were supposed to be like

2 failed photo's? maybe, its plausable.

I ended up with a total of 9 failed photo's, from a camera that has never failed before, so i decided to take 26 photo's in my house, with the lights on and off. I managed to get 26 out of 26 perfect photo's.

So i decided to go back down the school again tonight to see if i could take some better photo's, the first few photo's came out fine, nothing to report, then this happened Photo 12 in the same room that the other dead photo's were taken in. All a bit too convenient to me. Notice the red mark on the side again. Another red mark, I have several pics of these red marks, both on this visit and the last. I have done further base test with my camera and they do not appear on any other photo, just the ones at the school.

Which brings me onto the Photo i originally posted, this could well be the flash bouncing of the shiny cupboard (i dont think it is) but it could also be of something more sinister. Here is a pic of flash reflection from my camera taken in the same room. Flash refelction

It looks a lot different to me, but all your thoughts are welcome.

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Painy said:
Here is a pic of flash reflection from my camera taken in the same room. Flash refelction
hidesbehindsofa.gif
That to me looks like the flash didn't go off. Can you switch the flash on/off with that camera?

The first pic looks more like a typical flash photo. Don't know what the 'sperm' is though! (But the other white flecks are probably flash reflections.) My camera has a 'Display' function that gives photo information about aperture, speed, time taken, etc - in fact this info is available on the computer too. My camera also has several different shooting modes, and possibly the squiggle could be an artefact of some of these. (I'm still getting to grips with them all!) We need more technical info!

you can turn the flash off, but only if you go into options and do it manually, the flash was set for red eye reduction.

I will attempt to find out more about my cam!

Edit: Ive just looked at all the settings, it is a very basic camera, not many settings, no shutter speed display, the only thing it has on it that i dont understand is a menu called EV that is set on 1.2.

There is a few links in the post above with some of the pictures in them.

Dont know if thats any help.

Ive just looked at the first pic i poseted again in some more detail.

If you look to the bottom left of the picture there is another bit of "light" which is clearly over the cloth.

Strange

How do you open the oven door?

It looks jammed into a corner with other stuff squashed in all round!

So... this is where the horrors that are school dinners are conjured up? :D
Hell's Kitchen?

ok, well.. in case it helps:

I checked about half a dozen of the photos listed in the posts. Two were taken on 7th Jan, the rest on 4th Feb, all in the evening, with a Fuji A101 camera.

All of the photos report the flash as being on.

4 of the photos - the original, plus two others that have some visible features and one of the black ones have the shutter speed shown as half a second (seems quite a long exposure with a flash) - actually, all 4 of these photos were from 4th Feb.
The other two black images (which were the two from 7th Jan) have the shutter speed as 1/64 second - a more reasonable figure for a flashlit photo.

All photos at ISO 125 speed.

Edit: further to that, some more info in those files: they're showing a brightness value of -80 /100. Seems a bit odd to have it negative. Maybe a setting on the camera is incorrect, or the automatic mode is playing up? It might explain why the images are so dark, or are way underexposed and why it needs a half second shutter even with flash to get anything visible? I know nothing about the Fuji cameras so don't know what 'normal' should be.

Steve.

The oddest thing I see in the photo is the teeny little stove.

Flash reflected off a shiny metal cabinet or vistor from the "spirit world" .

No contest really.

Ps the anomaly is the cooker is wired incorrectly.

erm...flash reflecting off something?

I don't realy see much in the pictures to be honest.

Quote: > About 2 weeks ago i went down there armed with my digi cam to see what i could capture on film

SO which was it? Film or digital? (The answer is in the post, but its nice for people to clarify their language)

DPL said:
Quote: > About 2 weeks ago i went down there armed with my digi cam to see what i could capture on film

SO which was it? Film or digital? (The answer is in the post, but its nice for people to clarify their language)

If the answer is in the post then it is clarified!

To me the original photo looked like there was dust either on the lens or floating in the air.

Although the dark photos are 'wrong', they do still give off quite an atmosphere as I try to make out shapes.

Perhaps you could try taking measurements of the temperature and how moist the air is when you get the uncomfortable feelings. Always worth looking for drafts and seeing in what direction the air flows too...

staticgirl said:
To me the original photo looked like there was dust either on the lens or floating in the air.

Although the dark photos are 'wrong', they do still give off quite an atmosphere as I try to make out shapes.

Perhaps you could try taking measurements of the temperature and how moist the air is when you get the uncomfortable feelings. Always worth looking for drafts and seeing in what direction the air flows too...

I will get round to doing these things, (just moved house things are a bit hectic!), Lacock itself has loads of history, it is a extremley old village. The village school its self is a very old building possibly 13-14th century. I am cuurrently finding some sites that have history of the school on them, when i get them i will post them.

Edit: It turns out the school itself is 19th century, the school does have a chapel shape to it, maybe a church in the past? School

Dug around and have some more info on the school History

Hello all, I have to much time on my hands so I took two images and ran them through my laptop imaging program.

The first one, (nothing at all)I balanced automatically and got some red blurriness. The second one (nothing)I adjusted manually and was able to uncover the image. The pin pricks of light seen in the dark images are indeed reflections from metallic surfaces. The red blur areas appear to concentrate around the edges of the image, perhaps the cameras reaction to peripheral light refraction. I can't post them as I don't have a website but somebody out there must be able to adjust them and post them up.

Yup, Emps is right, it's the BF's out-of-trouser orb on a mission.

Ringo, pm me if you want help with photos. There are lots of cleverer peeps on here too who will help you. :)

I did a bit of messing around with the pics in Microsoft Photo Editor (i.e. I put the brightness up to 70) and in all but one you can make out the room.

Is that usual? I'd have thought that without sufficient light nothing would come out at all. Maybe enough light is coming from the doorway or something.

Anyway if you do it to Photo 12 what do get?

One guess...

Yep, Orbs. ;)

Well, just to be open minded - it seems strange that Orbs would show up if the flash failed to work. Although I think Painy says that the flash did work at the time but the photos themselves did not.

Any thoughts?

Since the first pic was taken in a school kitchen I would say the white squiggle is merely the departing spirit of a lonely turkey twizzler. Jamie Oliver has a lot to answer for.... :blah:

I've taken a look at it using various methods on Adobe PS6 (Which is far better than PS7!) and it looks to me like it's simply a photographic abberation. The "Squiggle" isn't actually on any similar depth or plane as anything else in the composition. I looked at the various reflective reactions in the picture, from the polythene wrappings on the produce in the 'Carrots' box...to the hobs. There definately is a light source present and eminating from slight left of the lense. The photo' is unnecessarilly dark which is the result of either the settings on the 'upload' or a preferred post-setting of the uploader's choice. The "Squiggle" however, looks to me like a simple camera error. Similar to when a video camera loses a cell and it leaves a bright white pixel.
If you could post the picture with a greater resolution, that would be more productive.
Cheers.

Edit...The second pic is different because it is pointing in a different place. The position is wrong if you were trying to recreate the shot for comparisen. You've pointed the camera at some vinyl covered notices on the wall which are to the left of the original focus. Also, when you apply the same ammount of light adjustment, howcome the second pic', even though it is darker, comes out all milky and wrong? To me, it would appear that one of them has been adjusted already.
Could you post the original at a greater resolution? Cheers again.

after looking at these images, and running various corrective processes on them here are my amature conclusions.

image DSCF0012:

shot of a childrens classroom, red "light" appears on the right and more predominantly on the left. there is one possibly two orbs in the picture, most likely unfocused dust particles captured by your cameras ccd. oddly enough there does appear to be a 4 legged dog? or maybe a curved legged chair against the backwall. difficult to determine considering the very low light and low resolution image. likelyhood is its merely simulacre.

image DSCF0024:

alternative shot of childrens classroom. again more red "light" this time more predominant on the right of the image. there also appears to be an orb in the top right quadrant. this is more than likely some reflective error, the "orb" appears to be attached to a wire along with the rest of the childrens hanging artwork. it may be reflective tape or most likely tinfoil.

images DSCF008:

again red "light" on either side of the image. the table and chairs also appear to have a red hue about them. which indicates a cast light, or they actually are red in colour. undeterminable until more information is provided.

image DSCF0018:

the white anomaly in this image cannot be caused by a flash, if it was a mere reflection the hue of the anomaly would be the same as it is on the side of the steel cupboard, this is almost pure white light. closer inspection of this area reveals a difference in pixelation values between the anomaly and the rest of the image. this is either some bizarre foible of your particular brand of camera or this image has been damaged or manipulated since it was removed from your memory card.

id lke you to answer a few questions for me if you would?

did your camera have an external infra red light attached to it?

did anyone with you or in your group use a regular flashlight with a red filter to preserve natural nightvision?

was any of this red "light" visable to the naked eye at the time these images were captured?

Back