• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Any non London undeground stories of the Uk?

MaxMolyneux

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Any stories in any other Underground station stories except London in the UK?

What, you mean are there any weird tales originating from other UK subterranean transit networks, as opposed to occuring in the London area?

Good question, there are a fair few other subway systems. For a start, we have the Underground thread, which deals with tunnels and caves of all varieties, not just tubes.

MaxMolyneux said:
Any stories in any other Underground station stories except London in the UK?
Well, London does have the largest and oldest underground train system in the UK. In fact, I think all other underground train systems in Uk are very new and only cover a couple of stops.

You know the pixie like things that are supposed to haunt underground mines - i think they have different names in different parts of the country. they make hammerng noises and suchlike. has anyone ever heard of them in subway tunnels?

stuneville said:
What, you mean are there any weird tales originating from other UK subterranean transit networks, as opposed to occuring in the London area?

Good question, there are a fair few other subway systems. For a start, we have the Underground thread, which deals with tunnels and caves of all varieties, not just tubes.

Yeah thats what I mean my moderating Evil friend.

Great Start Mooks. :yeay:

michelleeb1970 said:
You know the pixie like things that are supposed to haunt underground mines - i think they have different names in different parts of the country. they make hammerng noises and suchlike. has anyone ever heard of them in subway tunnels?

Aren't they called Tommy Knockershttp://www.nzghosts.co.nz/england1.htm

What's ten years in the grand scheme of things?

Bringing a thread back from the dim recesses of the forum in order to post this link. There are a few other accounts on the web about Glasgow subway (the "Clockwork Orange") ghosts.

Edited: for spelling.

I had some interesting experiences in 1989-91 whilst travelling on Newcastle's Metro system. Most them didn't occur in the underground stations, though as most of the station are overground. I have a feeling I avoided a very nasty (human) predator one evening...

Can you tell us more?

It would have been late spring/early summer of 1990, I was a student at University in Newcastle and used the Metro daily. I remember it being a daylight but evening. I am not sure if I was returning home or heading out but it was the line that heads up and out via Jesmond and eventually to the airport.

At some point on my short journey the carriage was empty except for a smartly dressed rather handsome chap in his (I guess) early-mid 30's. He had neat, short blonde hair, he started to chat to me. Normally I'd have been interested and even flirting a bit as being female, 18, straight and single I was interested in handsome chaps! Thinking back now, he looked a bit like a much younger Nigel le Vaillant (actor)

For some reason though, all my alarm bells went off after about one minute of talking. He wasn't suggestive or rude but I somehow 'knew' this was a bad person, and I should be very wary. I got off at the next station, walked up the platform and into the carriage at the end of the train, and asked a couple of young women if I could sit with them. And all was well.

I hadn't thought about this for a long time, until reading the thread. I have no idea who the man was.

Last edited:
It would have been late spring/early summer of 1990, I was a student at University in Newcastle and used the Metro daily. I remember it being a daylight but evening. I am not sure if I was returning home or heading out but it was the line that heads up and out via Jesmond and eventually to the airport.

At some point on my short journey the carriage was empty except for a smartly dressed rather handsome chap in his (I guess) early-mid 30's. He had neat, short blonde hair, he started to chat to me. Normally I'd have been interested and even flirting a bit as being female, 18 and single I was interested in handsome chaps! Thinking back now, he looked a bit like a much younger Nigel le Vaillant (actor)

For some reason though, all my alarm bells went off after about one minute of talking. He wasn't suggestive or rude but I somehow 'knew' this was a bad person, and I should be very wary. I got off at the next station, walked up the platform and into the carriage at the end of the train, and asked a couple of young women if I could sit with them. And all was well.

I hadn't thought about this for a long time, until reading the thread. I have no idea who the man was.
Well done that woman.

I tell the Coalettes to do this if they have even the slightest niggle. Better to appear rude even.

Some folk do give off a 'vibe' and some do pick up on it and in the case of predators, I think it's a lack of 'normal' that rings the alarm bells.

Back