• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Any Word On UnCon 2012?

zarathustraspake

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
C'mon, some of us are getting impatient. Is there gonna be an UnCon 2012? :D

zarathustraspake said:
C'mon, some of us are getting impatient. Is there gonna be an UnCon 2012? :D

Hold it in Dublin!

Its the centenary of Bram Stokers death.

You'd think that if there was to be an UnCon this year, it would have been announced by now. We're almost into June, and there's no word.

Doing some exploratory inquiries about hotels in the Camden/Kings Cross area around about the time one might expect it to be, and some places are already looking a bit full.

Also, the earlier we can book long, international flights, the better.

Obviously, as it will be The End Of The World As We Know It later this year, the organisers thought 'what the hell - what's the point' and didn't bother.

Or it could be the timetable disruption caused by the Olympics. :)

I'd suggest holding it actually on the 21st of December, but that would prevent me from attending. (Airfares to the UK around Christmas are ridiculous.) Plus I suspect hotel rooms would be even rarer.

Anome_ said:
I'd suggest holding it actually on the 21st of December, but that would prevent me from attending. (Airfares to the UK around Christmas are ridiculous.) Plus I suspect hotel rooms would be even rarer.

No, you're doing it all wrong.
The hotels will all be empty AFTER the 21st December...

:)

I'm gonna try sounding out some opinions on Facebook. Maybe we could put some sort of plan together.

I'm sorry to say there will be no UnCon this year.

It's a real shame, given how much fun last year's was, but the reasons are completely out of our control.

Hopefully, we'll be back next year - and perhaps we can manage something on a smaller scale at some point before then...

How about a Fortean Pub Crawl on 21 December 2012, and if the world is still here ten days later, a Fortean New Year's Eve Party?

Dr_David_Sutton said:
I'm sorry to say there will be no UnCon this year.

It's a real shame, given how much fun last year's was, but the reasons are completely out of our control.

Hopefully, we'll be back next year - and perhaps we can manage something on a smaller scale at some point before then...
What a pity, although we were all beginning to suspect as much. I've no doubt that it wasn't for the want of trying!

I know just how much work and effort you put into last year's UnCon, which was definitely one of the best that I've attended. The Fortean Pub Quiz & Entertainment Night was a great added bonus, too.

So, here's looking forward to next year!* :)

*End of the World permitting.

That's a bit disappointing, I'd been revising for the Fortean pub quiz.. ;)

Swanking doesn't become you.

Back