• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anybody Have Creepy Internet/Dark Web Stories?

SugaryGhost

In a spiral of ants
I’m quite interested in the dark web and the weird creepy stuff that people sometimes find on reddit and YouTube etc. I’ll start off,quite an old story I think but I recently heard on reddit about a daycare in Indianapolis which is running but nobody has ever seen a child arrive or leave.The website is plain and eerie,with only stock images and a phone number which,if called, goes to answer machine or is picked up by a flat female voice.Apparenly a reddit user who delivers mail to this business said that whenever they went,regardless of time of day,it was always full of kids yet always “nap time”.The windows of the place have been boarded up for years and when someone took a picture inside it only showed a single chair pointed at a tv showing surveillance footage of another room.

The delivery person saw it was full of kids (even if they were always napping), but a photo shows a basically empty place?

I don't know that you can classify what I'm about to tell as a creepy story, but it was certainly an odd one.
In the relative early days of the Internet, we are talking the mid 90's, I frequented a message board for web designers. There was a section of the board where anything could be discussed, a little like 'The Troll's Head' section of this forum. One day a list appeared there, with the supposed personal phone numbers of many world leaders, amongst them, President Bill Clinton, Her Majesty the Queen, Prince Charles, Pope John Paul II, business people of importance such as Bill Gates and a variety of famous actors. Pamela Anderson was on the list and someone claimed to have rung and was successful in actually speaking with her.
One night I was having a few drinks with my niece, who is more like a sister to me when I showed her the list I'd printed out. She thought it hilarious and probably bullshit, but thought we ought to at least try one number to see what happened.
We decided against current world leaders, no Australians and didn't think the options offered by the actors & actresses to be too exciting, so we settled on former Ugandan leader, Idi Amin, who was living in exile in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Half way through dialing the number, we chickened out and had another couple of drinks for courage and then we tried again.
To our surprise, the number rang a few times and then answered with a very deep and cautious sounding ''Hello?''
I said ''Is this Field Marshal Amin?" to which he replied ''Yes it is.''
We were absolutely stunned and pissing ourselves laughing (put down to drinks & nerves) that the only thing I blurted out before hanging up on him was ''You're such a cunt, Idi!''
Bizarre? Yes. True? Completely. Creepy? Not so sure.

I don't know that you can classify what I'm about to tell as a creepy story, but it was certainly an odd one.
In the relative early days of the Internet, we are talking the mid 90's, I frequented a message board for web designers. There was a section of the board where anything could be discussed, a little like 'The Troll's Head' section of this forum. One day a list appeared there, with the supposed personal phone numbers of many world leaders, amongst them, President Bill Clinton, Her Majesty the Queen, Prince Charles, Pope John Paul II, business people of importance such as Bill Gates and a variety of famous actors. Pamela Anderson was on the list and someone claimed to have rung and was successful in actually speaking with her.
One night I was having a few drinks with my niece, who is more like a sister to me when I showed her the list I'd printed out. She thought it hilarious and probably bullshit, but thought we ought to at least try one number to see what happened.
We decided against current world leaders, no Australians and didn't think the options offered by the actors & actresses to be too exciting, so we settled on former Ugandan leader, Idi Amin, who was living in exile in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Half way through dialing the number, we chickened out and had another couple of drinks for courage and then we tried again.
To our surprise, the number rang a few times and then answered with a very deep and cautious sounding ''Hello?''
We were absolutely stunned and pissing ourselves laughing (put down to drinks & nerves) that the only thing I blurted out before hanging up on him was ''You're such a cunt, Idi!''
Bizarre? Yes. True? Completely. Creepy? Not so sure.
That’s really weird, I wonder where they got the numbers from.A disgraced Ugandan leader was a bold choice to call xD

This is the reddit day care story:

Actually, I live a couple of houses away from a so-called 'learning centre' which is very decrepit and I have never seen a kid there: I just assume it's a failed business and they never bothered to repaint.
Thanks for posting the original story.I assume this day care thing is just a failed business too.There’s something sad about them,maybe a good setting for a horror film

you missed an opportunity there : ‘Idi, have you got any anecdotes about the time when you were the boss of Uganda? I’m thinking here about fridges?'

I was browsing Ranker just moments ago and came across this story about a Dark Web puzzle/game called 'Sad Satan'.
Has anyone heard of this? Anyone come across it before o the Dark Web or anywhere else? Anyone attempted to play/solve it?
It appears to have all aspects of everything bad about the darker side of the Internet although a more cleansed version supposedly has been released.
It makes for interesting reading:

Is The Deep-Web Puzzle 'Sad Satan' A Creepy Art Project, Or Something Far More Sinister?

The Sad Satan game is one of the most terrifying internet mysteries this side of Mariana's web. But what is Sad Satan? The fact of the matter is that no one really knows for sure; it's not even clear whether the game actually exists outside of YouTube videos. The first person to post a playthrough video was Obscure Horror Corner, who claimed to have received the game from an anonymous subscriber who discovered it on a deep web forum.

The mysterious origin story only adds to the allure of the deep web horror experience; no one knows who made it or what its about. Maybe it's a Satanic cyber curse. Maybe it's the confession of a deranged serial killer. Or maybe, just maybe, it's some poor software design student's failed final project.

One thing's for sure though, the game is loaded with encrypted messages. While this might be enough to scare most people away, a few special individuals are attracted to macabre enigmas, and love the uncertainty of the deep web. Thanks to these brave souls, the public has been able to unravel a little more about the horrifying mystery that is Sad Satan.

Our world has no shortage of atrocities, and Sad Satan makes a point of highlighting that fact. The game includes images of JFK moments before his assassination, as well as audio clips of Charles Manson and Hitler, often distorted and reversed to sound more terrifying. Perhaps most unsettling aspect of the the game is its frequent use of images of Jimmy Savile, who has been called "one of the most prolific sex offenders" of all time by the NSPCC (The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children). Sad Satan uses photos to illustrate the irony in this, as during his life, Savile was very well regarded by the NSPCC, and may have used his charitable reputation with the organization to gain access to some of his victims.
https://www.ranker.com/list/deep-web-game-sad-satan-facts/joesph-langdon?ref=browse_list&l=1

I was browsing Ranker just moments ago and came across this story about a Dark Web puzzle/game called 'Sad Satan'.
Has anyone heard of this? Anyone come across it before o the Dark Web or anywhere else? Anyone attempted to play/solve it?
It appears to have all aspects of everything bad about the darker side of the Internet although a more cleansed version supposedly has been released.
It makes for interesting reading:

Is The Deep-Web Puzzle 'Sad Satan' A Creepy Art Project, Or Something Far More Sinister?

https://www.ranker.com/list/deep-web-game-sad-satan-facts/joesph-langdon?ref=browse_list&l=1

There were lots of articles about it several years ago, it dare say it's just a dark, weird and morbid game, sounds a little too creepy to play for me.

Back