• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

anyone fancy a pint?

If I was going earlier I'd offer to wear a large comical hat for identifying purposes...

Sthenno said:
If I was going earlier I'd offer to wear a large comical hat for identifying purposes...

No need, Stormkhan has a number of 'comedy' chapeaus.... :p

From what I've been told, it's easy to spot me as a Fortean.

I wear a hat (outdoors)and carry one indoors. I always carry a walking cane. I am dark, short and, as soon as I walk into a pub, I seem to attract attention. This dosn't worry me.

A photo is:

b5ba8fbc.jpg

See ya there!

Stormkhan said:
From what I've been told, it's easy to spot me as a Fortean.

Whatever you do, don't ask Stormy about his stint as a body-double on Time Team..... ;)

CodenameThrow said:
debaucherousness

Debaucherousness!!! Great word - if it's not in the dictionary it should be!

Just checked my diary and discovered that I actually have a previous engagement on the Friday night, so I hope people will still be up for some drunken debaucherousness on Saturday ;)

YEAAAAA!! Im excited now, cant wait to meet everyone, I will be asking everyones internet names. Oh dear, just realised thats 2 sets of names to remember for everyone.
I'm the girl in pink looking slightly sheepish.
I'm coming alone so please be nice, should just about make it for half 7 ish, see you there :D

Umm, where is the Lord Russel??

cassandra78 said:
YEAAAAA!! Im excited now, cant wait to meet everyone, I will be asking everyones internet names. Oh dear, just realised thats 2 sets of names to remember for everyone.
I'm the girl in pink looking slightly sheepish.
I'm coming alone so please be nice, should just about make it for half 7 ish, see you there :D

Umm, where is the Lord Russel??

I'll probably be turning up alone unless I can rally Conners, Guttersnipe (ex of this parish), Lemonpie and JerryB (currently of this parish) to pop along too... guys?

I'm the tall guy with pink cheeks, white trainers, brown hair and a small tattoo on my inner left forearm.

Better put in an appearance just so others can vouch for me NOT having a go at other posters I've never met before. Isn't that right, posters who shall remain nameless? ;)

CodenameThrow said:
... a small tattoo on my inner left forearm.
Well I've got one of those too, but the possibility for confusion is diminished by the fact that I won't be there :(

CodenameThrow said:
Better put in an appearance just so others can vouch for me NOT having a go at other posters I've never met before. Isn't that right, posters who shall remain nameless? ;)
Doesn't that only work if you are not there to not have a go at people you have not met? Or something. :?

No I think this time I'll definitely be there so I can say with certainty that I didn't have a go at anyone. Erm, I think. Then a yawning tear would open in the space-time continuum and the squamous-headed crawling hordes of Nyarlathotep will engulf us all, before anyone gets a chance to finish their pints or pork scratchings. Stranger things have happened, believe it or not. Hi Min, BTW

I'll be at the lord russel and bringing Richard freeman, mark north and possibly graham inglis (depending on his plans for the night) with me on the friday, richard and I'll be there from mid afternoon, so we'll do our best to scare off the locals ensuring seats for all (hooray!).

I will be quite hard to miss, being probably the fattest person there and accompanied by a gothic cryptozoologist.

sorry I haven't been on the board the past few weeks by the way, the CFZ were publishing the new 30th aniversary eddition of the owlman and others (about twice as long as the old one, with extra sourse material, never before seen photos etc now a large perfect bound paperback almost 400 pages long, availible at uncon from the Centre for Fortean Zoology stand).

CodenameThrow said:
No I think this time I'll definitely be there so I can say with certainty that I didn't have a go at anyone. Erm, I think. Then a yawning tear would open in the space-time continuum and the squamous-headed crawling hordes of Nyarlathotep will engulf us all, before anyone gets a chance to finish their pints or pork scratchings. Stranger things have happened, believe it or not. Hi Min, BTW

:hello: Hello!

No, I'm not keen on the squamous-headed crawling hordes of Nyarlathotep I must say. :nooo:

Hi, I'd really like to meet everyone but can't make it tonight, so when/where/how can I meet you all tomorrow?

The usual haunt of message boarder is the nice quadrangle, slap bang in the middle of the building.

I will be wearing red and white shoes...

And have a carnation in my hair...

Back