• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anyone Read Fortean Times?

lam xuyen

Fresh Blood
Original Post Morphed Into Vietnamese Washing Machine Spam.

Original text as follows:

• I've loved that magazine since I got the first issue back in the mid 90s. I don't get it so much nowadays as the quality is sporadic and it is SO expensive (£4.25) but when it's good, it's the best there is.

Anyone else read it? I'd love to check out some great back issues I might have missed or if perhaps there is a goldmine of electronic versions available for my tablet ahem

Last edited by a moderator:
I've loved that magazine since I got the first issue back in the mid 90s. I don't get it so much nowadays as the quality is sporadic and it is SO expensive (£4.25) but when it's good, it's the best there is.

Anyone else read it? I'd love to check out some great back issues I might have missed or if perhaps there is a goldmine of electronic versions available for my tablet ahem
Yes .. some of us are aware that there's the magazine that shares the name with this website, the magazine used to fund this place so we're all still tied together . I love it and have also been buying it since the early 90's, it's mailed to my house now. Stu Neville remains a regular author for the magazine (as well as does Jenny Randles and others) and is in charge of this place, Dr David Sutton, the editor of the magazine also pops in from time to time.

Sorry but I just can't resist this ... you could also contact the Playboy website and ask them if anyone's aware that there also used to be a Playboy magazine ..

Last edited:
I'm a longterm subscriber. Used to buy it from newsagents when it became widely available in the '90s and can remember reading out the weirder letters/IHTM items to the naughty kids I used to work with. I read the story of the bully girl with the purple hair while sitting on some internal stairs on a night shift guarding a landing.

I subscribe and look forward to reading it although it's a couple of issues slower here.

The OP is suspiciously like a typical spam post. Are we being trolled by a spammer?

The OP is suspiciously like a typical spam post. Are we being trolled by a spammer?

I wouldn’t know. I do know Hawaiians are particularly fond of the stuff though.

Spam is being kept locked in plastic cases in stores after several heists of the tinned meat in Hawaii
  • Hawaii has seen no less than three reported Spam heists in the last two months
  • The canned meat now has a black market as Spam prices are rising on the islands
  • It is an extremely popular food in Hawaii as several dishes particular to the islands- like Spam fried rice and Spam and eggs- have it as a main ingredient
  • Crimes are usually carried out by groups of people with at least one person distracting onlookers while another runs away with the goods
  • It is still unclear how Spam is being re-sold after thieves make away with cases

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4997866/Hawaii-Spam-heists-rise-gets-locked-away-stores.html

I used to subscribe and get it in the US but....that was over 15 years ago. I do look at the issues online sometimes.

Interestingly..there's no link here at the forum to get to the website....odd.

Back