• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anyone See Anything Unusual In The Skies Above North Humberside?

Tanglebones

Devoted Cultist
I was on trolley duty this evening at Asda in Bilton. Looking to the south, I saw a white cigar shaped object move steadily from east to west, so from over Hedon towards the Saltend Refinery. From my viewpoint, the object would have appeared to be around 3 cm long, and.25 cm wide. I watched it for around 90 seconds or so...it had no markings, and no protuberances which might have been a tailplane or wings. No sound of an engine of any description, no vapour trail, and no lights, but then I don't know if aeroplanes are required to display navigation lights during the day. The sky was absolutely clear, with a hint of whispy cloud at a high altitude. As I was pushing a line of trolleys, I had to stop watching the object for a couple of seconds as I was crossing one of the car park driveways, as soon as I could, I turned to continue watching the object again, but it had vanished....and if it had continued at its previous rate of movement I should have been able to see it again with no problem. As I say, there was no low altitude cloud.
This all happened this evening around 17:30.
There is probably a mundane explanation, but I thought I'd put it on here in case anyone else saw anything.

I was at Spurn Point on Monday - a lovely day, lot of birders, but no UFOs. Might have been a bolide, but 90 seconds is a bit long for that.

it had no markings, and no protuberances which might have been a tailplane or wings

I have quite often seen aircraft with none of these visible. It is not until they bank or change direction that they reveal themselves properly.

You say this one was moving steadily in one direction, so there was no change of angle.

Still, it's an interesting report and it will be interesting if there was more views of this mystery object. :)

I have quite often seen aircraft with none of these visible. It is not until they bank or change direction that they reveal themselves properly.

You say this one was moving steadily in one direction, so there was no change of angle.

Still, it's an interesting report and it will be interesting if there was more views of this mystery object. :)

It did actually appear to bank slightly in a WNW direction.

Back