• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anyone Seen A Ghost?

Not to go too OT, but there's a fantastic story from North Carolina in which an apparition of a dead father appears to his son and gives him instructions on where to find his "proper" will, which had been sewn into the lining of a jacket. It happened in the 20s, IIRC, and there are contemporary court transcripts to support the story. Short version: spook vindicated.

NC really does have some fantastic stories. My girlfriend lives there (Greensboro, to be exact) and her mum gave me a big book... no, TWO big books full of NC ghost stories and mysteries. I love the Devil's Tramping Ground one, and the ghost stories involving ghostly noises coming from the sea.

The Devil's Trampling Ground is in my county. I've been there. It's lame.

Not to take away from all the really cool NC spook stuff, though. When your coast is called "the graveyard of the Atlantic," there's probably going to be some unexplainable stuff going on.

I was raised in the western part of the state, in the mountains. Lots of evocative ghost stories there.

Sorry! I'm drifting OT.

OK I said if the thread couldn't be kept on topic I'd remove the off topic posts and issue warnings. As this appeared not to have been fully understood the posts have been removed and warnings issued.

We can keep doing this dance but we offer a 3 strikes and you are out system and that was number 1 so lets keep this on people actually seeing ghosts.

Saw a ghost at an auction a few years ago. Was sitting next to hubby in a line of chairs against a wall. When a large dresser with a mirror was moved into position across from us as the next item to be auctioned I could see our reflections in the mirror. I noticed that the lady sitting next to me was wearing rather ugly clothing and looked sort of angry. I casually turned to look at her - but there was no one there. I did a double take, then a triple take. I could see her plain as day in the mirror, but the chair next to me was empty. Just then they moved the dresser further up and I couldn't see our reflections any more. It didn't really scare me so much as leave me stunned.

Several people in our family say they have seen a ghost.

My cousin owns a haunted restaurant in the woods of northern Michigan. It used to be a train station, but they renovated the place and made a really pleasant little BBQ joint out of it. Very big with the tourists and snowmobilers.

Anyway, the resident ghosts have bothered the night crew cleaning up (they're also a bar, so they're open late). All the usual stuff - lights and tv turning off by themselves, flying objects, etc. One worker was so shaken by something he quit on the spot and never came back, citing the ghost as the reason. Don't know what he saw.

Also, the ghosts also like to turn all the beer labels in the storage room facing the same way, except for one bottle. There's always one bottle facing a different way.

Personally, I think there's a prankster on the loose, but you never know...

You would know if you placed a well positioned hidden digital good quality imaging video camera in the place.
End or arguement therefore. First thing I would do. :D

There's a ghost here right now

I see ghosts. I have seen them up close and heard from them too many times to count. Ghosts are definitely real if "real" is the correct term for their state of being. I see them near graveyards and in the places where people have died.
In a spa where I once worked there were at least two ghosts. They weren’t the kind you could see. One was a ghost of an old man who died of a heart attack in a sauna years before I came to work there. It’s a very old building with history and a mighty brick furnace at its heart.
Late one night after closing he ran the shower. When my friend and I went to see, with hair prickling and goose flesh, the shower was off. It didn’t turn off. It was running and then it was not. It’s hard to explain, but I think the ghost was imposing, and powerfully so, a piece of his last day alive on what was then the present world. I am sure many ghostings are the result of the dead trying to understand what happened to them and possibly are trying to get existence back on track.
We both felt a strong presence emanating from that empty sauna room. Something was there that did not want company. When we tried to enter, the ceiling light exploded and we were compelled to flee the building. Note, I did not say that it burned out. Inside its sealed glass dome that protects the light bulb from steam it flashed angrily and blew apart. You might say it was a coincidence about the light and the rest was all in our minds. Over several years that I worked there, in fact, in all my life I’ve never seen another light do that. Well, in Hollywood, but that doesn’t count. Read on.
On another night I was staying late to treat myself to a hot tub. I was alone and the building was secure. As I was drying off the ghost of a guy who died of a drug overdose in the sauna across the hall closed his inner heavy sauna door with a thud. I was young, fearless and responsible for security as an assistant manager. I reached for the exterior dressing room door, which was left ajar so that the sauna room could dry overnight. As my outstretched hand came in close proximity to the door handle, a fan in the dressing room flew from its shelf and violently exploded against the opposite wall. I don’t mean it fell apart. It shattered into a million pieces like a bomb. The wall was undamaged despite the ferocious impact. I stood in the opened door, looked at the destruction and the dark sauna beyond. I called out even though I knew what was there. I could feel it. "Hey! Time to go. We’re closed."
I looked behind the doors, prepared to kick ghostly ass should need arise. It was dead quiet. No one could walk through the place without being heard, much less run away before I opened my door right across the hall. The fan had been unplugged all week because it was non-operational.
There were many more events in this old spa, and various other workers had witnessed things that cannot be explained save by the actions of ghosts. Showers running by themselves were common. There were footsteps passing through empty rooms. A glove was taken only to inexplicably reappear a year later lying in a hallway one morning to the very person who had lost it. The owner had no interest in exploring or making public these events. Though a very conservative type, he nonverbally acknowledged them to be true while refusing discussion. Bad for business.
On to some ghosts I have seen. When I was about 10 I was walking home from a friend’s house late in the afternoon, and to get home before dark I cut through the local graveyard. It had been a warm sunny day and now there was stillness in the air. The sun began to drop behind the horizon as I walked slowly, somewhat in awe of the place. I was the only living soul there, walking alone among several hundred or perhaps a few thousand graves as well as a few crypts. I didn’t believe in ghosts.
Suddenly, obscure shapes, clouds that were not clouds, rose from the graves all around me and drifted along the ground westward towards the sunset. This definitely wasn’t fog or anything like that. There were 10 to 30 of them that I saw, drifting several yards apart from each other. I regret that I can’t recall a more precise count. I was not being very observant of details for some reason. I do remember that they were overtaking me at my slow walk from behind and on either side, though they didn’t appear to be coming purposefully in my direction. I seem to remember that the first one I noticed rose from the ground ahead and to my left. I could possibly find the same patch of ground today if I cared to. All were about 6 feet in diameter and listing forward as if with the effort to propel themselves. I ran as fast as I could the rest of the way home and never told my parents about it.
About 8 years ago I had a very disturbing encounter. Well, actually what was disturbing happened later and I can’t go into it. I was driving down the freeway with a young lady I would one day ask to marry. We were in the fast lane passing on the far side of the roadway from a crematorium and graveyard. Abruptly the white, cloudy yet distinct form of a young lady passed through the median divider directly in front of my car. We hit it full on and it passed through the car palpably striking and passing through me at about 70 mph. We were shocked but after all what can you say after something like that. It was a ghost. Period. In my experience, most people don’t like to discuss their sightings. Makes them feel uneasy about mortality and religion as well as putting their credibility and sanity up for harsh scrutiny.

I've been meaning to write this one
up since last fall. I've been waiting
for some sort of follow-up, but none
has been forthcoming.
Be warned, it is a secondhand
story (even though I know all of the
participants) I hope it is worthy of
attention anyway.

My sister had just picked up
her daughter from dance class... it was
a dark 8pm on a VERY rainy evening.
As they were approaching the bridge into
town, she noticed what appeared to be
an accident ahead. 8 to 10 vehicles were
stopped and a semi-trailer truck was
stopped in the middle of the lane
on the bridge.

My sister immediately had a bad feeling
about one of the dance instructors, Betsy,
who had left the dance studio a few
minutes previously. In the rain-drenched
confusion, my sister watched the truck
driver climbing FROM the river, to talk
to the newly arrived police. When the traffic
began to move, it became apparent that
a car had smashed into the bridge. A
covered body was lying on the side of the road.

My sister realized that the car was NOT
Betsy's minivan and drove the few
minutes to their home in silence. Sad,
but relieved it was not her friend.

When she got into the house, she called Betsy
who said: "You won't believe what just
happened!" Betsy was the first vehicle behind
the semi, and saw the whole accident.

The woman driving had lost control of her car
and smashed into the bridge. She was not
wearing her seatbelt and was killed instantly.
Her infant was also not strapped in and flew
from the car into the river. The truck driver
stopped and went down the river bank to try
and save the infant. As Betsy drove past
the corpse, the side door of her minivan flew
wide open and her two toddlers in their car
seats began to shriek in terror.

She drove on, with the door open until she
crossed the river -- then she quickly reached
over and closed the door, and hurried home.
Betsy has refused to talk about it since. She
was clearly terrified.

Was the dead mother on the road
looking for her missing infant? She may
have seen the passing van with the two
kids, and hoped that one of them was hers.

This incident was a bit too close to home...
creepy!

Thoughts?

TVgeek

My first question, after recovering from that terrifying image, is did the mini-van have an automatic door? Is it possible that Betsy didn't close the sliding door properly, and a breeze or bump forced it open?

As you said "Be warned...it is a second hand story.."
There could be numerous reasons why the door would suddenly, (or apparently suddenly..) open. Then of course, there's the whole account being exaggerated by an excited witness. I won't mention chinese whispering or total fabrication, afterall....the whole thing could have been just made up by a poster as a point of interest.
But I'd fairly much think as Minor Drag did... rational and thoughtful.

This is the story as told to me last fall. Betsy (not her real name)
may have an automatic door on the minivan. The emotions sure would
have been running high (she won't speak of it now!) so triggering
it accidentally is certainly a possibility. (Isn't the "trigger"
on the key fob?)

But the way she described it, the door flew open quite
violently... definitely not the slow, smooth opening
you see in the auto showroom. When it happened
at the very same moment they passed the corpse --
that is the part that made me think:
"co-incidence, or not?"

Also, was it the sudden opening of the door that set
off the infants? (Very likely -- it was raining to beat hell!)
Or did they see something frightening standing there?

I was hoping for more info -- but as I said, Betsy refuses
to speak about it. My sister has tried.

FWIW
TVgeek

Im not sure if I have or not.It could have been, but then again it could have been my eyes playing tricks on me.But what I saw was very clear.So clear in fact that I thought it was a real person for a second.

Don't let this wonderful thread die! If you've seen a ghost, please post!

My experience of a ghost sighting was boring and mundane. I have posted elsewhere about my parent's haunted house and although wierd things happen there, I've never seen anything.

I was working in a chemists shop when I was 16 as a saturday girl. The shop was part of a group of shops built circa 1960 and were in a quadrangle shape, facing inwards. There were flats above the shops but were seperate from the shops. Karen used to tell my boss and I that the corridor in the back of the shop was haunted and that she had seen an elderly man walking about and then disappearing.
One Saturday afternoon Karen and I were serving on the tills. The shop was quite quiet - there was one woman looking at cosmetics. The shop door opened and a man walked straight up the shop to the counter (at the back). As he did so, I was aware of a third person, who I hadn't noticed before, just in front of me, behind a bin of shampoos. I couldn't see what they looked like as their head was hidden (they were crouched down looking at the bottom shelf). I got the impression of striped grey trousers and felt it was a man. At the time the only unusual thing I noted was that he was looking at the hair dye section - since the male hair dyes were elsewhere in the shop, I was probably thinking about whether to point it out to him or not. Of course he could also have been a long suffering husband whose wife needed some more number 54 Clairol. I served the customer at the till and then immediately after the woman with the makeup. The man I had served left the shop as did the woman and I realised the shop was empty. Surprised, I asked Karen what had happened to the other customer, as I hadn't noticed him leaving the shop. She said there had only ever been two customers in the shpp and swore she hadn't seen the third person.

To be fair, where he was crouched, probably would have meant he was hidden from her view, however she was in direct sight of the door and so would have noticed if she left.

I still don;t know whether it really was a ghost or the overworked mind of a shop assistant. Thinking about it now, we had CCTV in the shop so I should have really got my boss to check it.

It turned out Karen wasn't the person I thought she was, got sacked and decided to try and drag me down with her, so I don't know whether she was lying on that day and about consequent sightings.

A friend and I went for a reading with a local medium. He went in first and the medium asked me to sit in a chair in the hall while I waited. It was the first reading I had ever been to and felt a little nervous. Having always been a bit scared of staircases, I avoided looking ahead of me at hers as much as I could but eventually my gaze fell on the top of the landing. I could feel something looking at me and as I moved my eyes away I saw out of the corner of my eye a man wearing a tall black hat and a long black coat. When I looked directly at that space, there was nobody there, but as I moved my eyes just slightly to the side I could see him quite clearly. He had a brown beard and I didn't feel scared at all. I put it down to imagination.

After our readings the medium cheerily told us the room was full of spirits. I stared at the floor hoping I wouldn't see any. Then she mentioned one of her main guides was a quaker and described exactly what I had seen at the top of the stairs.
Being too shy to say anything, I kept my eyes on the floor until we left. I told my friend in the car and he was really excited (and a bit jealous!).

I've only seen 2 ghosts in my life - and one of them was actullay an "apparition of a living person" since she didn't actually die until 2 days later. Even 2 is too much, because until I saw them I didn't believe in ghosts. Anyway, let me put down what I saw and then do a bit of speculation.

1) I was working in an East European bank as a consultant a few years after the fall of Communism. One morning in the summer of '92 I went into work as usual and walked into the banking hall by the main entrance. Lots of other employees were going in at the same time, and we were all nodding and saying "Good morning" to one another. One of the people walking across the hall was the bank's security officer and he very deliberately turned around and nodded a greeting to me. Now this was very unusual because he was one up-tight S.O.B. (his previous job had been Secretry of the Communist Party in the Finance Ministry) and he never said "Good Morning" to anyone and certainly not to the only Westerner working in the bank (me). Taken aback I nevertheless smiled and nodded back.
The afternoon of that day I was at a meeting when a security issue came up and I said we would have to refer it to the security officer. Whereupon I was told he had died a week ago. There followed a disagreement with my informer telling me he was dead and me insisting I had seen him that morning. In short, he had died; as one of my jobs in the bank was HR Director I had to sign off his paperwork, widow's pension etc.

So what was the explanation? I can only think of 3:
a) A hallucination. As far as I know I do not suffer from hallucinations. Why should I hallucinate a guy who had recently died as opposed to the myriad other things one could hallucinate?
b) An elaborate cover-up by a load of people in the bank to make me think he had died. Unlikely.
c) A ghost. Perhaps he cam back to say sory for having been so suspicious of me?

However silly it sounds, c) seems to me to be the likeliest explanation.

2) In 1993 my 73-year old aunt was dying of cancer and I made a 300 mile journey to visit her in hospital. She was in the last stages with feeding tubes stuck all over her and too weak to move. One thing is certain she was not going anywhere.
Two days later, back in my home town, as it was a Saturday, I went shopping in the afternoon. It was a bright sunny day. As I was walking along I looked up and there, not 6 feet in front of me was my aunt - looking as she had done in her prime in her thirties. She was absolutely unmistakeable, the brown twinset she always wore (which had been unfashionable even 40 years before and which my sister always commented on with a snigger whenever we saw her), the hat with the pheasant feather, her particular shade of lipstick and above all the cold blue eyes with which she was staring at me with disapproval (as usual). For some reason a wave of absolute terror swept over me and I walked passed her, then I gathered up courage and turned around - she was gone. In the best ghost story tradition there was nowhere she could have got to. A side of a building on one side and a very busy 6 lane road on the other.
Again I suppose this could have been a hallucination - but why should I hallucinate her? She died 2 days later.

:D Excellent stories, with just the right touch of mystery. 8)

I wouldn't exactly say that I've seen a ghost per se , but I've had a few unnerving incidents happen to me over the years .

About 16 years ago I shared a house in Stafford with my friend . He was from Liverpool and would go home every weekend for the football , leaving me in the house by myself . Certain things would regularly happen which we would blame on each other , like leaving the lights on ... minor stuff like that , but these would also happen in thye house when he was away for the weekend . I would put all the downstairs lights out before going to bed , and when I awoke in the morning they would all be back on . The TV would switch itself on during the night also . One really unsettling event happened when my friend was away one weekend - I woke up about one in the morning , hearing footsteps coming up the stairs , the upstairs light went on and I heard someone outside my door . I waited until everything was quiet and noticing the light was still on in the hallway I went to put it out . My friend's bedroom door was open and I looked in , only to see there was nobody there . A quick search of the house revealed I was all alone .

I once spent a weekend in a croft in Portsoy , in the north of Scotland . I spent the night sleeping on the sofa in the living room. I woke in the middle of the night to see a girl sitting on the edge , she tried to speak and her lips moved but what she was saying was inaudible . This one I put down to sleep paralysis or the night hag syndrome .

Around 10 years ago I visited Aston Hall in Birmingham with my then gf . We stopped down at the end of the corridoor in one wing and were peering inside a room . We both felt somebody come up behind us and actually sensed them there , but when we turned around nobody was behind us.

All of these tales are naturally open to interpretation and may or not be ghostly activity . I have more , but these are probably the main ones I cant explain away so easily .

Havent seen one but know people how have seen things or heard them like my brothe hearing mysterious footsteps behind them when no one was there.

Wouldn't mind seeing a ghost as long as it's not in my own house.

I believe so but I can't say for sure. This was about 10 years ago when I was in my 20's. I was cycling home from a mates house at around 3.00am along a country lane, a few houses here and there but not much else. It was raining and I was wearing a set of oilskins with the hood up. Anyway I'm riding along this lane, trying to keep my head down to stay dry but glancing up to make sure nothing is coming in the opposite direction when suddenly a man on a pushbike appears in front of me. Hes about 20 feet from me, on a near collision course. I dont have time to avoid him and brace for impact. He passes on my left with about 6 inches to spare between our bikes handlebars.

Now heres the spooky part. As hes passing me I'm looking straight at him but he did'nt even acknowlege my presence. He just looked ahead without a change in expression or a sidewards glance. He didnt deviate from a straight line; no attempt by him was made to even move out of the way.

It was'nt until I got home and thought about it that it suddenly struck me how odd the whole thing was. I'ts not every rainy night at 3 am that you nearly bump into a cyclist that was'nt there seconds before. His odd behavoiur was the clincher for me however. Not conclusively a ghost sighting but it sure unnerved me a little.

I haven't seen a ghost that I am aware of, but I was followed by something nasty once in Fulham. I was walking home one night from a mates house about 10 years ago in the summer , he lived in Waldemare Avenue which is just down from where Jill Dando was killed 3 years later.

Anway normally I took a specific road that would lead me back to my gaff just off the North End Road. Anyway the council had been doing some road works and my usual path was blocked, so I took a parallel road which I had never been done on foot before. The council had been working on that stretch as well and were re covering the road and had stripped all the bitumen from the road surface just leaving the under road and gravel. All the cars that normally would have been parked there were gone, so it was just a typical Fulham street sans Bmw, Golfs etc .

Anway as I walked down the street I heard footsteps in the gravel behind me. I stopped and turned and the footsteps stopped too. I expected to see someone walking in the street as well, it being a summers night. No one there. Oh well I didn't think anything of it and continued on my way.

The footsteps started up again. I turned and saw nothing. Now I am concerned. I start up again and stop suddenly, I hear the footsteps. All of a sudden, whatever this thing is, it is right up next to me. I cannot see it but I sure as hell sense it. I get the usual shiver down my spine and knowing that all is not good, take off as fast as my legs will carry me. Well its about 1 km back to my place and I ran the whole way back and whatever this thing was it stayed with the whole way until I got home, fumbled the keys into the locked and charged upstairs into my bedroom.

I don't know what it was but I have never been down that street again, day or night on foot or in a car. Someone suggested it may have been an incubis. Does Fulham have a Road hag ? Any ideas?

Can't say either way. may have, may not have. It was just a glimpse and it was many years ago and I was hot and tired. To be fair, for it to qualify as a sighting I'd expect a 'sit down'.

I think we're only a matter of years away from scientific explanation here. When you see tv shows like "most Haunted" and you see people frightened and reporting they saw something or heard something of indeed felt something, and when you have loved ones tell you, with no vested interest in making it up, that they saw 'something', there's too much here, I think, that makes it simply folly. There's not enough, of whatever it is, but I think what it does is it serves to illustrate the perameters of our understanding, our knowledge.

And so I think that one day, like the day we discovered the 'orange bearded serpent' to be a gorilla, I believe that we will find out the reason why people see ghosts, and I believe it will extend beyond the realms of fatigue, drunkeness or self importance.

Watch this space.

Nope, I have never seen a ghost. :( Or a UFO or visions of the Virgin Mary. :p I guess I am just unlucky. :D

:idea:

gncxx said:
After reading this thread, it seems ghosts are quite common (unless you actually set out to look for one, of course)..

You know, I think you might be onto something there. Ghosts always seem to turn up when you are not looking for them, or somewhere just out of sight in a building, or by making noises but never, ever appearing.

The only phenomenon that I know of that is so sensitive to observation is quantum strangeness. Quantum events rely on an observer to force them to one state or another; I know this sounds like gobbledegook but physicists are certain this is how it works.

So, suppose that our brains and conciousness are primarily a neurological phenomenon, but one which continually generates quantum effects as it operates.

When a person is alive, most of the time the quantum effects are swamped by the brain functioning, but sometimes the brain and the quantum ghosting separates and we see ghosts/thought forms generated, but only if he patterning is continually reinforced and fed.

When a person dies, as the neurological system shuts down it effectively vanishes leaving the quantum effects sitting there on their own, gradually fading over time. Most of the time, the fade-off is rapid, rarely it isn't.

To get the maximum quantum ghosting you'd need to generate very strong brain activity and shut it off very fast: a violent emotional death. To get lesser effects, you'd need to fire up the brain to activity then shut it down to a low level - exactly what sleep does; dreaming alternates with deep sleep and in normal sleep patterns someone'll be entering deep sleep some time past midnight.

Finally, quantum effects seem to be damped by observers. Observing a ghost therefore is almost certain to collapse it's waveform to a stable and non-active state, hence the fleetingness of ghostly events.

Does any of this make sense, or am I merely talking techno-garbage?

I personally have never seen a ghost (I have felt a presence at work but that's another story), but we have a couple of stories in my family.

The first incident happened when my Aunt moved into her new house. This was about ten years ago now. Anyway, on the first night of her and her kids staying there, here daughter woke up in the night to find a middle-aged man sitting on the end of her bed. He was very angry looking, but to my knowledge didn't say or do anything. When my cousin screamed, the apparition vanished and my Aunt came running through.

Now a couple of facts. The house in question is an old farm-house. It is over one hundred years old. My cousin, at the time, was only about four.

The interesting part comes in here.

After a lapse of a couple of days my Aunt had to speak to the previous owners about some paperwork related quibble. While they were talking, she relayed the story of the night in question.
The woman who had owned the house replied that she knew all about the ghosts/spirits and when they had moved in, the man had behaved in the same way. She offered to go and speak to them, which she duly did.

The man has never been seen since.

However, my gran's cousin has a sort of second-sight. Call her a medium if you will. While she was visiting my Aunt, mid-way through a conversation she stopped and stated that there was a girl in the room with them. She pointed to the exact spot and described what she was wearing. According to my Aunt, there was no-one else in the rooom.

I hate staying in that house. It is always cold, regardless of the big log fires, and the back corridor, which runs the length of the building, is very oppressive. There is a definite feeling of being watched.

fishersghost said:
Anway as I walked down the street I heard footsteps in the gravel behind me. I stopped and turned and the footsteps stopped too. I expected to see someone walking in the street as well, it being a summers night. No one there. Oh well I didn't think anything of it and continued on my way.

The footsteps started up again. I turned and saw nothing. Now I am concerned. I start up again and stop suddenly, I hear the footsteps. All of a sudden, whatever this thing is, it is right up next to me. I cannot see it but I sure as hell sense it. I get the usual shiver down my spine and knowing that all is not good, take off as fast as my legs will carry me. Well its about 1 km back to my place and I ran the whole way back and whatever this thing was it stayed with the whole way until I got home, fumbled the keys into the locked and charged upstairs into my bedroom.

This sounds like echoes of your own footsteps. Depending on what they're echoing off they could be out of synch with yours. You never actually saw anything so the 'presence' may be imagination from fear.

Neuroscientist Michael Persinger, in his laboratory at Laurentian University, Ontario, has induced perceptions of ghosts and 'presences' in subjects by subjecting their temporal lobes to patterns of magnetic fields. I am not saying this is the definitive explanation, but it certainly moves the question into more 'rational' grounds.

I, personally, think that there is more to it than mere biology, but as little serious funding for such research is forthcoming we will have to rely on the few independent researchers out there

:hello:

Slejpner said:
fishersghost said:

This sounds like echoes of your own footsteps. Depending on what they're echoing off they could be out of synch with yours. You never actually saw anything so the 'presence' may be imagination from fear.

I wish this had been the case, but whatever this thing was it was right up next to me face to face (well you know what I mean) I could feel it and it was not nice it was real. The street did not have the sort of surface that produces an echo .

I lived for a time in Smithfield where the combination of narrow streets and cobblestones produced the correct conditions for footstep echos. Let me tell you that I have every reason for being spooked walking through Smithfield late at night, the place is full of atmosphere (hell, they drew and quartered William Wallace for instance). Fulham never had that kind of feeling to me except that night.

This was very real and I do not scare very easily.

Back