• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anyone Seen The Medusa Touch?

Justin_Anstey

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This is the 1977 film starring Richard Burton as a man who can cause disasters with his mind.

Is it any good?

Yeah, I seem to remember thinking it was a good yarn. I think the last time I saw it on TV was around 1987.

Medusa Touch

The book's better. They actually trash genuine London landmarks, i.e. fly the aircraft into Centre Point, instead of the generic tower block in the film, and bring down St Pauls instead of the fictional Minster Cathederal of the movie.

The film's OK. with some prime Welsh Ham from Burton.

Last edited:
Yes, not a bad film. Nice sense of unstoppable doom about the whole thing. And a good argument for anger management courses!

I enjoyed it greatly the first time I saw it, but, as Timble says, the book's better.

Might be interesting if they remade it, complete with modern computer wizardry . . .

Carole

**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**
**Spolier Alert**

I always thought the end of the film meant the Cathedral did in fact fall down due to natural causes and he was 'doing his stuff' on the crowds at Windscale.

I found that the sight of huge lumps of Cathedral masonry bouncing of peoples heads, almost as if they were made out of polystyrene, somewhat diminished the overall atmosphere of the film.

Complete movie on youtube.

An underrated and rarely shown on TV (I remember seeing it as a schoolboy on TV shortly after it was made, but never since) paranormal thriller. A scarily intense Richard Burton (along with a lot of other very distinctive voices) as a man with a very bad case of the Evil Eye.

Watched this for the first time last month, and only just noticed this thread. I really enjoyed it, a great mix of 70s weirdness and Burton! Would also recommend The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) with Roger Moore, brilliant 70s Weird Britain kitsch. The Horror Channel seems to show it fairly often.

It's on Talking Pictures on the 9th of February

Sat 09 Feb 1922:05The Medusa Touch1978. Horror. Directed by Jack Gold. Starring Richard Burton, Lee Remick & Lino Ventura. A Psychological thriller about a telekinetic novelist who causes disasters simply by thinking about them.

Complete movie on youtube.

An underrated and rarely shown on TV (I remember seeing it as a schoolboy on TV shortly after it was made, but never since) paranormal thriller. A scarily intense Richard Burton (along with a lot of other very distinctive voices) as a man with a very bad case of the Evil Eye.

Never seen it, cheers Gattino.

Back