• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Appearing Water

A

Anonymous

I live in the south west of England, and I thought this might interest people.

A couple of years ago we had some unusual, although not at all hostile, things happen in our house. The most significant three occasions have thouroughly puzzled my family and I.

The first incident happened after new years eve, 1998.
My mother and father came home rather merry and went to bed. In the early hours of the morning my father woke up and as he put his feet onto the floor he felts something soggy.
His clothes from the night before were completely soaking wet. It was certainly not urine as there was far too much water. He hadn't been swimming because he could clearly remember the nights events. The floor aroung the pile of clothes was stone dry and we still can't explain it.

The second incident occurred further into the year. My mother was feeding our three cats. She left the room and returned as she had forgotten to replenish the water bowls. To her surprise, and mine, all three bowls had been filled to just before overflow point. This had happened in the few seconds that she had been away. there was no leak in the ceiling, as most people would
say!

The last is less significant, but also puzzling. We often find patches of water in the centre of the lino in the outhouse. There is no leak as there is a secong floor to the house, and it certainly doesn't come from below.

Has anyone else had this kind of 'water ghost' experience? I'd like to hear.

Mysterious pools of water are frequently reported as part of
poltergeist activities.

My own unexplained puddle - a pool of clear water in the middle
of the kitchen floor - was not part of any larger haunting.

I did explain it as rainwater which had blown in through the
Xpelair, pooled behind the stove then made one of those sudden
movements of water to a lower level, leaving no trace of its path
on the rest of the vinyl floor.

Yet though there had been rain, it was not torrential and there
have been far worse downpours since, often with driving rain
against that wall. The fan does sometimes let in a small trickle of water.

But never has there been any repetition of the pool. I would estimate
there were at least two pints of water in the puddle. It took a lot of
newspaper to soak it up. :eek:

I've also experienced this. One morning when I woke up I found my electonic alarm clock upside down on the floor in the middle of a mysterious pool of water. It totally knackered the clock, and there was no obvious source of the water, however I had to put it down to the six pints I'd had the night before. Since I'm not a morning person, if it was a poltergeist it must have decided to do me a favour.

Dark Detective - something similar happened to me once.
I woke up one morning to find my (mains powered) alarm clock covered in some droplets of water, which had mysteriously appeared overnight. The alarm clock still worked, and I dried it off.
There was no leak in the ceiling, so I had no idea where it had come from.
I hadn't been drinking the night before, or anything.

A new phenomenon is born! We must give it a name, like "ghost alarm clock wee" or something...

It could be a poltergeist like effect caused by our subconscious need to sleep longer and our dislike of being woken, attacking the alarm clocks.

Since I learned to get out of bed, switch off the alarm clock and go back to bed without waking up, I have been late for work a lot more.

Here is a possibility... applies to some other 'ghost' threads, too. My sis went through a phase of sleep-walking. Sometimes she'd wake up and stuff in her room would be re-arranged... blankets folded and things put away or taken out. But she was 'caught' on numerous occasions, so nothing paranormal. Perhaps people sometimes get up in the middle of the night or during a nap for a drink and spill water in unusual places?

ive heard that one too ive got a friend who windows had to be nailed shut cos she jumped out of them one night and broke her ankle after that she tried it a few more times and was found wandering through the street in the middle of the night and couldnt remember a thing the next moring

cas

she remember the pot on her ankle though

Hey, new happenings!
We now seem to be in the money!
Our ghost (we call her Elsie) has started to drop foreign money all over the place. I found a little silver coin from Gibraltar this morning. Hope she starts to drop some English money soon!
P.S. we call her Elsie due to the fact that the first owner of the house was called Elsie and she died in my bedroom. Heh heh heh.
Anyone else experienced this?

Mike says this could all be down to sleep walking, I dont think so, I got up one morning and as usual sat down to watch the news on tv and found the cushion soaking wet, we had a small cat at the time but it was far too much to have come from him and it didn't smell of cat pee and was too much to be from a drinking glass, there have been other events involving small amounts of water all over the house, all inexplicable.:eek:

Ghost Alarm Clock Wee

'Ghostly' entities can manifest themselves, amongst other things, as localised areas of cold air. Cold air holds less moisture, moisture condenses, forms local patch of water.

However, if we're talking about EM fields causing only a cold sensation in the mind rather than a physical temperature change, the idea doesn't hold water. :D

p.younger said:
Mike says this could all be down to sleep walking, I dont think so

Ok, to clarify, I didn't want to write off _every_ case to sleepwalking. Just wanted to possibly rationalize some of the more mundane ones. This is very interesting stuff. Especially the ones that really can't be explained, like you said p.younger. I've never really even heard of this phenom before this thread. I wonder how widespread it is and if anyone is investigating at all.

One thing I can add is that, during rain, water will get into the house different ways on different days. At my parent's house, we've always had troubles in the basement. Strange thing is that the water sometimes rolled down the pipes from the roof all the way down and dripped in strange places in the basement. It would pick a path during one storm, but never choose that path again. Some days it came in through the basement walls, other times it didn't. I guess a lot of it depended not so much on how much rain, but where it was blowing and how dry the ground was.

I had a nice 'water haunting' episode last summer. I was in my garden and decided to water some pot plants before going to work. This would have taken a while as I had to go inside, fill up a watering can and water each plant, possibly making two trips. When I emerged with the can of water, I found that every plant had already been watered! There was a neat spiral of damp round each stem, just as I'd like to have done it had I a steady hand! I was gobsmacked (as we say in these parts) as the garden is well fenced off and nobody could have got in. I thanked the garden fairies out loud and sat down for a cool drink instead of rushing around before work.

Glad it's not just my imagination - I saw a short torrent come cascading out of the bathroom ceiling last week. Myself and him indoors investigated and the place it had seemed to come from was no wetter than the rest of the room. Something similar may have happened not long after we moved in, except that time I blamed the Landlord's plumber for weeing on the pedestal mat. Oops.:confused:

A while ago we were moving our sofa and we found a damp patch right underneath it. We have neith a cat or a dog, and there's no way a spilt drink could have got in that position. It was a perfectly round patch. Got to admit it had us stumped.

Today my mum was going through a bag put away since xmas containing a load of grandma/great aunt kind of presnts ie the ones you dont want or will never use. Anyway opening the bag she found everything inside soaked through and the bag half full of water. A cardboard box and almost been completly eroded away. There was no leak in the room and noone in the house has spilt any water in there. Also the water was just in the bag, if somthing had been spilt it would have soaked the floor, other things around it. The room was a spare bedroom and is only really used for storage. I myself had been going through there the other day and hadnt found any water.
any ideas?? :confused:

Could something in the bag itself have leaked? Or perhaps condensation, but that would also affect the wall it was next to, if any.

There was no leak in the room

Are you sure? A small trickle above the plastic bag would do this, and you do say
the water was just in the bag

I work in housing, and I've seen small unnoticed leaks, especially from pipes, cause astonishing damage, which is often not noticed until there's a catastrophic failure of the damaged part of the structure.

What was in the bag? some things like sweets are hygroscopic, they absorb water and will eventually dissolve themselves. there doesn't need to be water anywhere near as it can be absorbed from the air. just a thought.

it was nothing like sweats, a hat scarf gloves, dunno what there made from, a toitery set in a nylon case, no liquids of any kind i re-checked for a leak but the bag was in the center of the room and we have a white ceiling so any leak from there would be noticeable

I posted a few queries about some patches of water that were appearing randomly in my house.

They just come from nowhere and are completely circular.

Water appearing has been connected with hauntings and such - there is a thread on here from last November somewhere - I'll look for it for you.

There's no kids in the house is there? They would be my first line of enquiry:hmph:

Back