• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
i think they might have ended up in chat... and gone down the great chat thread waste disposal, to be horribly and brutally ripped to shreds while screaming in agony for someone to save them :shock:

i've got quite a soft spot for the spagetti one... once managed to convince a slightly dim friend at school to come spagetti picking with me :D

The BBC reported that the dead fairy photographs drew 20,000 hits "from fairy believers."

The BBC conveniently left unexplained how it had determined the inner beliefs of all these people.

Is the Beeb now clainming paranormal powers?

Come on... did none of you come across any April Fools yesterday? :?

Only a weak one in the Guardian about Blair's planned post-political rôle: starring in a West End production of The Crucible. Very poor. :(

I posted this one in The Rediscovered, Cryptology, but nobody spotted it.

Pig-footed Bandicoot Rises From the Dead
By David Grimm
ScienceNOW Daily News
1 April 2007

A kitten-sized Australian marsupial thought to have gone extinct over a century ago appears to be alive and well. The pig-footed bandicoot was last spotted in 1901, but today researchers provided fresh evidence of its existence. "It's a miracle," says Jared Watson, a conservation biologist at the University of Brunswick in Melbourne. "I thought we'd seen the last of this 8-teated, posteriorly pouched creature."

...three dramatic pieces of evidence for the pig-footed bandicoot's continued existence. The first is a photo taken by an American tourist on a walkabout. Although her thumb obscures most of the shot, a toe with a tiny, hooflike nail can clearly be seen in the lower right-hand corner.

Then there's the audio evidence: At the end of a track entitled "Get Off My (Out)Back" from Australian rock band AC/DC's most recent album, Rockin' the Wilderness, there is the faint sound of two squeals quickly followed by a high-pitched yowl.

But the most convincing evidence, says Shadbolt, is a grainy video that showed up on YouTube in December.

Full story:

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/co ... 2007/401/1

mugglenet did a rather good one on their weekly podcast and website:

Last Sunday, we received a very, very surprising call from the Harry Potter publishers. They wanted us to have a preview of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As you can imagine, we were utterly flabbergasted. We, just like you, weren't ready to read the book, but we couldn't pass up that opportunity, now could we?

There's a catch. The publishers requested we only inform them of our thoughts on the book, and not post them online. But we really can't do that to you guys! Only a few of our staff members have so far finished it, and a little glimpse at their feelings can be read below. More will be added throughout the day. Enjoy... and shhh!

**Spoiler Alert**

"Dumbledore's triumphant resurrection, complete with the gaudy descent from the heavens on Sirius' motorbike was completely and utterly unnecessary...but at least we now know where the motorbike actually is and the significance of where it went after Book 1." -Brendan

"I couldn't believe Snape was the long lost love child of Aberforth and that goat. It explains so much, including Severus' appearance. And we now know why he told Harry to never call him a 'cow'-ard, because he was in fact part goat." -Micah

"It was great to find out what happened to Ollivander. I loved it when he walked into the Order meeting wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt, a straw hat and sunglasses and received a room full of blank stares. It was particularly funny when Lupin turned and said, 'Well, look who decided to show.'" -Andrew

"I always had an inkling that there was more to Hermione; her immediate knack with magic, and her irregular mood swings towards supposed 'friends,' Harry and Ron. I should have known she'd switch to the Dark side eventually. I just wish she hadn't killed the whole of Ravenclaw in the process - I suppose it was just her annoyance at not being sorted there initially." -Ciaran

"Funny how things turn out, who would have thought Ron would become the ninth member of The Weird Sisters. Ron with long hair and living the rock star life? Shocking!" -Rachel

"I couldn't believe Harry slipped on a slice of carrot cake and fractured his pelvis. I thought it was uncalled for humor in an otherwise serious and superb book." -Jamie

"I never thought the wizarding world would get their revenge on Snape; however, I commend JKR for proving me wrong. The Order using spells to hold Snape down and wash his hair multiple times was the worst kind of punishment imaginable for him." -Mandie

"So Dudley's worst memory when attacked by the Dementor was being told he had to diet." -Nick

"I still laugh every time I think about Draco and those geese. I guess it's not just sleeping dragons you're not suppose to tickle." -Natalie

"Who knew that J.K. Rowling would employ the use of the often-frowned-upon literary technique referred to only as 'the dog ate my homework gag,' when justifying the location of the seventh Horcrux?!" -Eric

"I was completely shocked to discover that Cedric Diggory has been alive this whole time, getting his laughs in by standing behind the veil and whispering. As for Sirius... all I can say is after a year of making that thing flow in the wind, Cedric was in need of a 'Sirius' snack!" -Laura

"The symbolic revelation that Dumbledore is actually an Animagus living in the form of a bumblebee does not do much to disprove the theory that Harry Potter is a children's book. However, after Voldemort's tragic and gruesome death caused by the shift in gravity and the moon falling down to earth, crushing him beneath it, I'm pretty sure this is a book mothers all over the world will be keeping far away from their children." -Roni

"I should have known that Luna was Harry's mother Lily in disguise. They're so similar to each other!" -Emily

"Well, we all guessed it ages ago but now it's finally confirmed - Dumbledore is the Giant Squid!" -Becky

"I knew it! I knew it! When the Muggles came and totally obliterated everyone at the final battle, I was totally ready for it. Although, I admit killing every major character in the series was going a bit overboard, especially when Neville got hit by that bus after all was said and done. I didn't know JKR had it in her!" -Tom

"Seven books, countless hours, and many tears, just to find out that Harry defeats Voldemort not with love, but a Muggle handgun?!" -Rachael

"I can't help but cry each time I think about the dramatic return of Sirius Black and how he died again only seconds after being reunited with Harry. And I never would've thought Neville would be the one to wake up at the end and realize it was all a dream. Good one, Jo!" -K'lyssa

"I think this is the first time I've ever seen corporate sponsorship of a novel. I was, quite frankly, startled by Jo's decision to make Voldemort's eight (yes, EIGHT) Horcruxes be hearts, stars, and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, pots o' gold and rainbows, and a red balloon. Even worse were the subtleties throughout when Ron would say things like, 'This Horcrux hunt is magically delicious, Harry!' Honestly..." -Ryan

Couldn't find an April Fools thread, so I thought I'd start one in here.

I can't get in to Youtube at work, but when I clicked on a video link from their UK homepage last night, I was surprised by the result.

Also, New Scientist are in a foolish mood:

http://www.newscientist.com/channel...rgeist-activity.html?feedId=online-news_rss20

'They're here': The mechanism of poltergeist activity
00:01 01 April 2008
NewScientist.com news service
Zeeya Merali

The sight of small blonde girls watching television is guaranteed to strike fear into the heart of anyone who has watched the movie Poltergeist.

We're right to be terrified, say physicists. Children generate poltergeist activity by channelling energy into the quantum mechanical vacuum.

Pierro Brovetto, whose last known address was the Instituto Fisica Superiore, in Cagliari, Italy and his colleague Vera Maxia wanted to explain the origin of poltergeist phenomena, characterised by objects flying around the room "of their own accord".

The researchers note that poltergeist encounters have been reported around the world and across different cultures, but tend to have one thing in common.

"Poltergeist disturbances often occur in the neighbourhood of a pubescent child or a young woman," the authors note in their paper.

So Brovetto and Maxia have come up with a mechanism to explain just how these women and children create such havoc. Like so many problems that arise in adolescence, puberty gets the blame.

"Puberty is a modification of the child body which involves various organs, chiefly the brain," they state.

Teenage telekinesis
Brovetto and Maxia hypothesise that the changes in the brain that occur at puberty involve fluctuations in electron activity that, in rare cases, can create disturbances up to a few metres around the outside of the brain.

These disturbances would be similar in character to the quantum mechanical fluctuations that physicists believe occur in the vacuum, in which "virtual" particle and antiparticle pairs pop up for a fleeting moment, before annihilating and disappearing again.

Brovetto and Maxia believe that the extra fluctuations triggered by the pubescent brain would substantially enhance the presence of the virtual particles surrounding the person. This could slowly increase the pressure of air around them, moving objects and even sending them hurtling across the room.

The poltergeist paper will appear in the journal Neuroquantology.

We contacted Brian Josephson, a Nobel laureate physicist who is on the editorial board of Neuroquantology.

"This looks distinctly flaky to me," Josephson commented.

Journal reference: www.arxiv.org/abs/0801.0382

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-gets-the-brushoff-from-australia-803097.html

Ramsay vows to forswear bad language after he gets the brush-off from Australia

AFP/GETTY

Gordon Ramsay at his new Trianon Palace restaurant in Versailles. Now the chef, notorious for his swearing, plans to keep the language as clean as his kitchens

Tuesday, 1 April 2008

His name has long been synonymous with abuse, asterisks and four-letter words, but Gordon Ramsay has had a dramatic change of heart on swearing. In a move that will have diners choking on their oven-roasted Bresse pigeon, he plans to ban foul language in all his restaurants, whether in the kitchens or the dining areas.

All over his considerable gastronomic empire, from his flagship eaterie in Chelsea to his controversial Gordon Ramsay New York, to his newest venture in Paris, opened to huge fanfares last week, and his Plane Food place in the bedevilled Terminal Five, the ban will come into operation on 1 May.

Assistant chefs and waiters will face disciplinary one-on-one "exercise" sessions with Ramsay, and diners will be fined £5 (or $11 or €7), for any outbreak of effing, blinding or c-word in public. Four years ago, Ramsay installed closed-circuit TV in all his UK restaurants to improve waiter service, and it has even been suggested that he has had sensitive microphones installed in his tables, to pick up sotto voce cursing. The reason for this dramatic turnaround is not hard to find. It follows the crushing news that Ramsay's application to open a new establishment in Sydney – his first in Australia – has been turned down by the city authorities, on grounds of "decency".

"We are not prudes, God knows," said Senator Drew Stockman, 61, "and we have no problem with vigorous language, where appropriate. But we feel that allowing this sweary fellow to bring his bilious obscenities to Sydney's Harbourfront is a step in the wrong direction. Australia is changing. The old stereotypes have been supplanted by a new sophistication and dignity. And frankly, Gordon Ramsay has no part of it. The only Ramsay we want around here is the street in Neighbours."

This is not the first time Ramsay has fallen foul of Australian fastidiousness. Only 10 days ago, a motion was introduced in the federal Parliament, calling for a review of the broadcasting code of conduct, after an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, in which the chef swore more than 80 times, was broadcast on Channel 9. "There is no justification for the use of such language in the public arena, particularly by our free-to-air broadcasters," said Corey Bernardi, 58, a Liberal senator.

Ramsay, understandably, did not take the news with stoic resignation. "He was hopping mad for an hour or so," said a spokesman. "He called the Senate and the federal government ... certain names. He pointed out, quite rightly, that the whole thrust of Australia's new tourism initiative is based on swearing, what with that 'Where the bloody hell are you?' routine.

"But I think Gordon has been forced to take stock of his reputation for verbal violence. Is it right that he should be associated in the public mind with rude words as much as with sublime cooking? All that's going to change. There's a new, mature, more approachable Gordon Ramsay inside him that the world hasn't yet seen, and it's one that won't go around turning the air blue all the time."

Ramsay cut his teeth in the late 1980s, working with the famously irascible Marco Pierre White at Harvey's in south London, until he tired of "the rages and the bullying and violence". His first sighting by the British TV audience was in a fly-on-the-wall documentary called Boiling Point, in which his startlingly colourful language made him an overnight celebrity. Since then, he has capitalised on his potty mouth, giving his TV series the ambiguous title of The F-Word (the other word being Food.) Even his last book was confusingly titled *** Chef. Did it mean "Three [Michelin star] Chef"? Or did the asterisks indicate a rude three-letter word? Is there one?

Ramsay fans are finding it hard to believe the former footballer's trademark four-letter rants will cease. "Gordon just won't be Gordon without the repertoire of fucks," said his former Channel 4 producer, Dominic Easby. "He'll be in danger of losing his unique selling proposition. I sincerely hope he'll reconsider this disastrous re-branding."

Others are dismayed. "I've never heard such rampant hypocrisy," said Anthony Harper-Smith, who recently took over as head chef at Le Lapin Enorme in Kensington. "For years and years, he's sworn at everyone like a Folkstone docker, and now he's going to charge people for saying 'bastard' in his restaurants? I can't believe anyone will fall for this."

Last night Ramsay was not available for comment, obscene or otherwise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a9269 ... cameo.html

Paris making 'EastEnders' cameo
Tuesday, April 1 2008, 07:54 BST

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Rex Features
Paris Hilton has revealed she is in talks to make a cameo appearance in BBC soap EastEnders.

The socialite and actress has admitted she's a huge fan of the show and is "in talks" to star as herself in the Albert Square soap.

In an interview with the Sunday Globe, Paris said: "I love EastEnders, it's hot! I never miss it when I go to England. My people have been talking to them [BBC producers] about doing it for a while. Now it looks like it's finally happening - I'm so excited!"

Paris also admitted she has already been preparing for her cameo.

"I've been learning cockney rhyming slang so I can talk to everyone," the 27-year-old said. "Apples and pears, Bristol Cities, all the famous ones. I've been watching Mary Poppins constantly, studying Dick Van Dyke's accent, which will help me understand what people are saying to me."

A spokesperson for the BBC confirmed Hilton's appearance but couldn't give an air-date for her 'Enders episode.

"The rumours are true, Paris will be stopping by at the Queen Vic in the near future," the spokesperson said. "The script is done. All we're doing now is working out her schedule. The next time she's in London, she'll film her part."

Hilton's cameo reportedly revolves around her limousine breaking down in Albert Square on the way to a glitzy London film premiere.

Digital Spy must have had a lot of time on their hands:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a92694/f ... nment.html

Fearne named boss of ITV Entertainment
Tuesday, April 1 2008, 08:48 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

TV star Fearne Cotton has been named the new head of ITV Entertainment.

Cotton will take over with immediate effect and has said she plans to take a "lighter" and "less serious" approach to mainstream ITV programming.

Speaking about her appointment, Cotton said: "It's amazing. I can't actually believe it, it's brilliant. Wicked."

Cotton confirmed her first wave of shows would include three new series involving Ant and Dec, a Holly Willoughby chat show and a revival of the popular '90s gameshow You Bet!

On the subject of You Bet! Fearne commented: "We'll be bringing back Matthew Kelly to host it rather than Darren Day.

"We'll also have all the old guest celebrities back like Kris Akabusi, Annabel Giles, Lesley Joseph and Floella Benjamin. It will be wicked."

Cotton also revealed that she would not be renewing Vernon Kay's contract with the channel because she thinks he's "a bit sad".

Fats_Tuesday said:
Couldn't find an April Fools thread, so I thought I'd start one in here.
Well, there is this one...
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14521 ;)

I like this:

Flying penguins found by BBC programme
By Neil Midgley, TV & Radio Editor
Last Updated: 1:11pm BST 01/04/2008

The BBC will today screen remarkable footage of penguins flying as part of its new natural history series, Miracles of Evolution.

Camera crews discovered a colony of Adélie penguins while filming on King George Island, some 750 miles south of the Falkland Islands.

The programme is being presented by ex-Monty Python star Terry Jones, who said: "We'd been watching the penguins and filming them for days, without a hint of what was to come.

"But then the weather took a turn for the worse. It was quite amazing. Rather than getting together in a huddle to protect themselves from the cold, they did something quite unexpected, that no other penguins can do."

BBC1 viewers will see the penguins not only take flight from the Antarctic wastes, but fly thousands of miles to the Amazonian rainforest to find winter sun.

"The film reveals nature's stunning glory in exciting and unexpected ways, so much so that it defies belief," said Mr Jones.

"Not only does it create a vivid and emotional experience for the viewer, it also illustrates just how bold and simple Darwin's idea of natural selection was."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... uin101.xml

Pics and video on link! :D

Club strip teases faithful fans

Plymouth Argyle FC decided to capitalise on its Scottish manager and half a dozen Scottish players by changing to a new tartan away kit.

It ordered and displayed a prototype outfit and announced the decision on its club website on Tuesday morning.

Fans and media began to show an interest when star signing Steve McLean posed with the new kit.

But it was an elaborate April Fool hoax - in fact, the team will be wearing a tangerine and green kit for 2008-09.

Steve Hill, from the club's media department, said:"It was just a bit of fun. Quite a few people, including at least one team member, were caught out by it."

The Championship club,with an average home attendance of more than 13,000 supporters, came clean on its website on Tuesday afternoon and confessed all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7324451.stm

and another one, complete with fake trailer link:

Legend of Zelda Movie Trailer Premiere
Your dreams realized.
by IGN Staff
April 1, 2008 - Few videogame properties hold the cache of The Legend of Zelda. As a film project, it's on the scale of Lord of the Rings. But no one has tackled a live-action adaptation of the storied franchise… until today. Production Company Rainfall Films has asked IGN to premiere the very first footage from their live-action Zelda film — a very literal adaptation of the magical epic — and, of course, we said, "Yes!"

Much like the indie gem Cloverfield, this project has been shrouded in secrecy and details kept close to the vest. What we do know is that the film is being written and directed by newcomer Sam Balcomb. Going the route of Star Wars: Episode IV, this production decided to cast all unknowns in the iconic roles. Link is played by JR Killigrew, Camille C. Brown portrays a very Elven Princess Zelda, and Gregory Lee Kenyon stars as Ganondorf. You may, however, recognize Camden Toy (see TV's Buffy and Angel) in the supporting role as Sahasrahla.

Be sure to watch the debut trailer here.

We'll have more about this project as details surface, but for now, gaze upon the first footage of this amazing undertaking. And when you're through with that, revisit our Legend of Zelda "casting call" story from 2006 to see just how far off we were with our picks.

But perhaps most important, be sure to chime in with your thoughts on the flick below!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html

Calling Carla Brown enlists first lady to give Britain style

Calling Carla: Brown enlists first lady to give Britain style

Continental good taste and sophistication should be a birthright for all, says PM

In pictures: Carla Bruni-Sarkozy

* Avril de Poisson
* The Guardian,
* Tuesday April 1 2008
* Article history

About this article
Close
This article appeared in the Guardian on Tuesday April 01 2008 on p5 of the UK news section. It was last updated at 11:52 on April 01 2008.
Carla Bruni april fools day montage

Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, the first lady of France, has been appointed by Gordon Brown to spearhead a government initiative aimed at injecting more style and glamour into British national life, the Guardian has learned.

Moving rapidly to capitalise on the national explosion of Carlamania, which saw Bruni-Sarkozy heralded as a new Princess Diana during the French state visit to the UK last week, Brown will formally announce the latest addition to his "government of all the talents" in a speech tomorrow at the Institut Français in South Kensington, London.

For too long, he will say, Britain has suffered an inferiority complex with regard to mainland European countries such as France and Italy, whose citizens are seen as effortlessly stylish and sophisticated.

"I want a Britain, now and in the future, where good taste and sophistication are the birthright of the many, not the privilege of an elite, whether in fashion, in food and drink, or in cultural pursuits," Brown will say. To launch the scheme, the Italian-born Bruni-Sarkozy, 40, will relocate to London for three months, starting in June, according to one Brown aide. She is expected to commute back to Paris via Eurostar for French state engagements involving her husband, President Nicolas Sarkozy.

"At first, when it became clear she was going to upstage [Sarkozy] during the state visit, we got a bit worried about it all looking a bit frivolous," the aide said. "But it was during the banquet at the Guildhall that the prime minister had his eureka moment. Yes, she charmed him. But the key point is that he is committed to putting that charm in the service of a better Britain."

Bruni-Sarkozy will focus initially on improving the UK's dress sense and cuisine. The aide joked that she would steer clear, for the moment, of the other popular British assumption about the French and Italians - that they have more exciting sex lives.

She is understood already to have spoken to the chief executive of Marks & Spencer, Stuart Rose, to discuss the launch of an affordable range of high-street designs inspired by the demure tailored grey suits that won her so much acclaim during last week's visit. They were created for Dior by the British designer John Galliano, who has signed up as a supporter of Brown's plan. The M&S versions will be roomier, and may incorporate several more practical features, such as zip-up pockets and mobile phone holders.

Bruni-Sarkozy has also expressed an interest in meeting Jamie Oliver to develop plans to introduce a more "continental" approach to eating and drinking, which could see British parents encouraged to serve small volumes of red wine with meals to children as young as seven or eight.

To coincide with the prime minister's announcement, the thinktank Demos will release a report this week arguing that the answer to a wide swath of social and economic problems facing Britain may lie in adopting a more French approach.

"The missing ingredient in the UK's approach to a range of pressing policy challenges is straightforward: it is savoir-faire," the report's authors said in a press release.

The study concludes that numerous national problems - including the decline of Britain's railway infrastructure, the collapse of Northern Rock, and the scourge of binge drinking - could all have been more successfully addressed had politicians and bureaucrats demonstrated "a certain je ne sais quoi".

The elation that greeted Bruni-Sarkozy in the UK last week, including rapturous newspaper and television coverage, frequently threatened to sideline the president, who unleased a tirade against one French journalist who asked him if she was stealing his limelight. But Bruni-Sarkozy herself enjoyed the state visit enormously, an Elysee spokesman said yesterday.

"The riotous scenes that greeted her wherever she went made her feel right at home, just as if she were in France," he said.

French diplomats in London expressed delight at the apparent rekindling of the often chilly relationship between the two nations. "This week has been so wonderful - such a change from the usual British media coverage of France and the French, which is based on a handful of ill-founded stereotypes," said Jean-Claude Forestier, assistant attache for cultural affairs at the French embassy in London. "It has been crazy here, with all the international media enquiries about Carla.

We have been working absolutely round the clock, from 9am to 3pm, just to
keep up."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2008/apr/01/7

Fats_Tuesday said:
and another one, complete with fake trailer link:

Legend of Zelda Movie Trailer Premiere
Your dreams realized.
by IGN Staff
April 1, 2008 - Few videogame properties hold the cache of The Legend of Zelda. As a film project, it's on the scale of Lord of the Rings. But no one has tackled a live-action adaptation of the storied franchise… until today. Production Company Rainfall Films has asked IGN to premiere the very first footage from their live-action Zelda film — a very literal adaptation of the magical epic — and, of course, we said, "Yes!"

Much like the indie gem Cloverfield, this project has been shrouded in secrecy and details kept close to the vest. What we do know is that the film is being written and directed by newcomer Sam Balcomb. Going the route of Star Wars: Episode IV, this production decided to cast all unknowns in the iconic roles. Link is played by JR Killigrew, Camille C. Brown portrays a very Elven Princess Zelda, and Gregory Lee Kenyon stars as Ganondorf. You may, however, recognize Camden Toy (see TV's Buffy and Angel) in the supporting role as Sahasrahla.

Be sure to watch the debut trailer here.

We'll have more about this project as details surface, but for now, gaze upon the first footage of this amazing undertaking. And when you're through with that, revisit our Legend of Zelda "casting call" story from 2006 to see just how far off we were with our picks.

But perhaps most important, be sure to chime in with your thoughts on the flick below!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html

Are you sure that's a joke?

I was reminded yesterday of the last two lines of G. K. Chesterton's poem THE DEVIL'S HOUSE, which run (approximately):

"There is a game of April Fool that's played behind his door,
Where the Fool remains forever and the April comes no more."

An early start this year... 8)

Man foils bank robbery after assuming it was an April Fool
A man inadvertently foiled an attempted bank robbery after assuming it was an April Fool prank, a court has heard.

By Richard Edwards, Crime Correspondent
Last Updated: 4:09PM BST 30 Mar 2009

Customer Andrew Stewart was sitting down reading a newspaper in an Exeter branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland on March 31 last year when a raider burst in and demanded money.

Brian Davison, 32, put his hand inside his back pack then told cashiers: "I've got a gun. Seriously I've got a gun – hand over the ******* money".

But as terrified cashiers prepared to hand over a bundle of notes, Mr Stewart calmly walked up to the robber and said: "It's April the 1st isn't it mate? It's April Fool's Day".

When Davidson said to him "I've got a gun I will shoot you", Andrew replied "go on then shoot me" and grabbed the bag from his hands.

He opened it in front of staff and after seeing it was empty sat down and carried on reading his paper, Exeter Crown Court heard. 8)

Davison fled the scene but was later arrested and has now pleaded guilty to affray.

Richard Crabb, prosecuting, said: "Prior to Mr Stewart's intervention terrified staff believed Davison was an armed robber. They were going to hand over a pre-packed bundle of marked notes."

The court heard Davison, of Torquay, Devon, attempted to raid the bank just hours after appearing at a local court on a charge of criminal damage.

He spent 403 days in custody on remand, which was the equivalent of a 30-month sentence, so he avoided a further jail term and made the subject of a two year community order.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -Fool.html

Someone give that guy a medal! I love the fact that it wasn't actually April Fool's Day. Even if it was, who in the right mind would step up and challenge a supposedly armed robber? That article has really put a smile on my face.

rynner2 said:
after seeing it was empty sat down and carried on reading his paper, Exeter Crown Court heard. 8)

Just too cool.

Back