• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Spiders tea party anyone?

Kids-Being-Strange-tea-party-with-spiders.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!! ^^^^ Those spiders have worked out their attack formation! The little girl's fixed grin is saying to me "hurry up, dad. They're closing in!"

Nothing false about these False widow bites, more ignoble than noble.

Scientists in Ireland have found an alarming rise in Noble False Widow spiders and a new study confirms their bites can require hospital treatment.

The NUI Galway research has found the species to be among the most common in Ireland with bite symptoms that can be quite similar to actual Black Widow spiders.

So far in Ireland 16 people have been hospitalised with one person being admitted for a week. The worst symptoms of a bite include mild to debilitating pain and mild to intense swelling. Some victims have experienced tremors, reduced or elevated blood pressure, nausea and impaired mobility. In rare instances, minor wounds and even severe bacterial infections have developed.

One victim of a noble false widow spider spent six days in hospital and took three months to recover from a bite, according to the research.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/env...lise-people-dramatically-increasing-1.4576159

Arrrggghhh! If I was in that car the seats would need to be reupholstered!

Terrified Scot almost crashes car as Huntsman Spider crawls across inside of windscreen​

Lindsay Vine, from Kirkcaldy, Fife, was driving a pickup truck in Australia, heading south from Sydney to Sanctuary Point, when the creature appeared.

A petrified Scot almost careered off the road when the world’s largest spider suddenly appeared on the inside of his windscreen.
Lindsay Vine, from Kirkcaldy, Fife, was driving a pickup truck in Australia, heading south from Sydney to Sanctuary Point, when the creature appeared.
Video recorded at the next petrol station, where the 40-year-old was finally able to stop, shows the enormous arachnid lurking behind the passenger-side sun visor.
“I’ve told him, if he f****** moves one more time, I’ll crash and kill us both,” he says.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scot-spider-nearly-crashes-car-24195084

Particularly the southern U.S. states we have the deadly brown recluse and black widow spiders.

My policy is spray them quickly with big spray and ask questions later !

Let’s think, maybe I can use the excuse of not wearing my glasses.

big or bug Whatever !

Right, this is getting ridiculous - this is the third squashed spider I've found in my bed this year. Big one, smeared around the sheets where I'd apparently rolled over onto it. Anyone else having this problem? As if my sleep wasn't bad enough as it is.

Right, this is getting ridiculous - this is the third squashed spider I've found in my bed this year. Big one, smeared around the sheets where I'd apparently rolled over onto it. Anyone else having this problem? As if my sleep wasn't bad enough as it is.
I'm sitting having a sleepy-time browse and sipping my milky tea and....... there goes my good night's sleep tonight. Thanks a lot, GNC !!

There was a spider above my bed last night, too. Why do spiders want to get into bed with me?!

There was a spider above my bed last night, too. Why do spiders want to get into bed with me?!
I've had this happen too.
On two or three occasions, I have found a dead spider in my bed (crushed).
Been bitten by one in bed (I think).
On one occasion, I woke up in the morning, with the feeling that 'something was there'. Right above my face, lowering itself down to me, was a huge spider! I batted it onto the ground and killed it (I don't normally kill them, but that had me freaked).

GNC - you are really messing with my head now! Just about the only thing I can say about spiders is how they AT LEAST never seem to want to get into my bed. Everywhere else, but never in my bed. And now you've got me thinking I need to check before I get in, just in case.....

GNC - you are really messing with my head now! Just about the only thing I can about spiders is how they AT LEAST never seem to want to get into my bed. Everywhere else, but never in my bed. And now you've got me thinking I need to check before I get in, just in case.....

I always check before I get into bed, just in case, been doing it for years. Mind you, it was just another bedtime ritual before this year - now it's an imperative!

But I thought it was Autumn that's the time for house spider wanderings?

Mytho - I don't like killing them either, intentionally or accidentally. I always move them out of the house humanely with the 'postcard & pint glass' method. Having said that, I've never woken up to find an arachnid version of Godzilla abseiling down towards my face, so I am not offering any judgment on your action. I am sure I would've done the same. Assuming I hadn't passed out of course.

Spider cheese... :puke2:

GNC - you are really messing with my head now! Just about the only thing I can say about spiders is how they AT LEAST never seem to want to get into my bed. Everywhere else, but never in my bed. And now you've got me thinking I need to check before I get in, just in case.....
But...

"My mother said,
Always look under the bed..."

When we used to go on holidays with Probus the friend I shared a room with was bitten twice by spiders in her bed( at different places}.
After that we always threw the bedclothes to the bottom of the beds so they weren't just pulled up each day.

Just seen this huge spider on my stairs

View attachment 42496View attachment 42495
Just before we left, younger daughter opened the door to our attic floor. It's a couple of steps up. She fell straight back, and screamed. There was a spider on the vertical part of one step, waiting to catch the unwary beasts that - it must have thought - were roaming on the flat part of the step just above. :creepy: I swear that the tip of its rear legs touched the flat part of the step below, while its front legs reached the step above. We've moved, now, so I can't measure the rise, but it must have been at least a good six inches, if not more - they were steep steps, too. One of those that you don't think the pint glass will cover... Good practice for the tropics, I guess

Morning peeps my sons both big lads are terrified of spiders.
The youngest moved in to an old terraced house with a cellar full of them and we were there having a meal my missus said ohh a spider and I looked round managed to catch it first go with my hands.
Looked round and becky my son’s partner had fainted totally freaked her out apparently .Mind you it was a big un

Loved the scene in the episode of Wellington Paranormal I watched last night, where the shapeshifter transformed into a sizeable tarantula (and we discover that sergeant Maaka is seriously arachnophobic!).

spider.JPG

Just seen this huge spider on my stairs
Thanks for sharing, Souleater..... I think!

Looks like it's guarding the stairs. "You SHALL .... NOT .... PASS!!"

It looks like it's a bit wonky-legged. I always think large spiders with wonky legs are creepier somehow. Spiders, at least have the decency to look SYMMETRICAL please!

Last edited:
IMG-20210724-WA0002.jpg

"That's not a spider......"

IMG-20210724-WA0000.jpg

"...... THAT'S a spider"

(with apologies to Crocodile Dundee)

Last edited:
Back