• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Are We Being Prepared For Something Big, For Real?

poozler

Ephemeral Spectre
All this talk about the much anticipated Pentagon report about aerial phenomena leads me to believe that we are being toughened up for the eventual news (not the upcoming report, but later) that we are not alone.

Any thoughts on this? Am I out of my mind (about this, I mean)?

From today's Guardian (24 June 2021):

Scientists identify 29 planets where aliens could observe Earth​

Astronomers estimate 29 habitable planets are positioned to see Earth transit and intercept human broadcasts

https://www.theguardian.com/science...y-29-planets-where-aliens-could-observe-earth

I think there is evidence that the CIA and other murky organizations found the UFO phenomenon useful to their Psyops way back.

Their motives remain obscure, though it has been suggested that an increasingly atheistic and materialistic society was seen as half-way to Communism. New Sky-Gods were called-for.

I can remember feeling that revelations may be on the way, back in the nineties, when weirdness saturated the air-waves in the shape of the X-Files and such-like. The fashion waned. All we heard for years were laments that the UFOs seemed to have abandoned us. There are threads on here, which repeat this over and over.

I have not really noticed much of a wave of enthusiasm for Watching the Skies among the younger generation, who will, no doubt, prefer to watch any coming invasion on their iPhones . . .

Yup. I'm getting old! :thought:

Poozler,

I think you will be disappointed which is sad.

The government has an opportunity to tell the truth, but they will not.
Not really disappointed. I don't think there are 'spacemen' out there watching us. But I am curious about the possible role of governments and other bodies in this phenomenon.

I
I think there is evidence that the CIA and other murky organizations found the UFO phenomenon useful to their Psyops way back.

Their motives remain obscure, though it has been suggested that an increasingly atheistic and materialistic society was seen as half-way to Communism. New Sky-Gods were called-for.

I can remember feeling that revelations may be on the way, back in the nineties, when weirdness saturated the air-waves in the shape of the X-Files and such-like. The fashion waned. All we heard for years were laments that the UFOs seemed to have abandoned us. There are threads on here, which repeat this over and over.

I have not really noticed much of a wave of enthusiasm for Watching the Skies among the younger generation, who will, no doubt, prefer to watch any coming invasion on their iPhones . . .

Yup. I'm getting old! :thought:
I think I am one of those people here who you say 'laments' the wane of UFO stories. I'm not really heartbroken (I don't even really think there is any intelligent life 'out there') but I would like to know what the unexplained aerial phenomena are.

I remember when I were a young lad and all this were fields, eagerly reading every Timothy Good book, each one saying IMMINENT DISCLOSURE!! Within the next few years. I was disappointed then and I fully expect to be disappointed now.

All this talk about the much anticipated Pentagon report about aerial phenomena leads me to believe that we are being toughened up for the eventual news (not the upcoming report, but later) that we are not alone.

The report for you -

"There is weird stuff happening out there, we don't know what it is. We are going to need a massive increase in funding to look into it further"

Thanks for the cash!

The problem that I see is that if the US government, for example, decided to come clean about what they (possibly) know about UFOs and aliens, then they have to admit to lying to the public for 60-odd years. And in this litigious age, there are bound to be thousands of people who's first reaction won't be "this is amazing", but "I could make a few bob by pretending to be traumatised at being misled and suing them".

Even if some kind of immunity to legal action could be arranged, the party in charge when the admission was made would probably be painted as being the big bad behind the cover-ups and lose the next election by a record margin.

(I have no idea if it's possible to sue a government btw, but folk would definitely try).

The problem that I see is that if the US government, for example, decided to come clean about what they (possibly) know about UFOs and aliens, then they have to admit to lying to the public for 60-odd years. And in this litigious age, there are bound to be thousands of people who's first reaction won't be "this is amazing", but "I could make a few bob by pretending to be traumatised at being misled and suing them".

Even if some kind of immunity to legal action could be arranged, the party in charge when the admission was made would probably be painted as being the big bad behind the cover-ups and lose the next election by a record margin.

(I have no idea if it's possible to sue a government btw, but folk would definitely try).
Its certainly possible to sue governments; but you need deep pockets. If anything it will be a class action taken on by an up and coming law firm on a pro bono basis, just to make a name for themselves.

IMO if there was some kind of 'reveal' that it be known that other intelligences exist 'out there' I doubt that much will change here on Earth.
Yes ok, a lot of people previously poo-pooed as 'cranks' will feel vindicated, some religious sorts will have to adjust their world view, there will be an initial flurry of news about it and loads of TV programmes made etc
But I expect that mostly peoples daily lives will be unchanged. People will still get up and go to work, go shopping, play football, or whatever.
If 'aliens' didn't appear on the White House lawn beforehand I doubt they would suddenly say "It's okay guys, we can go visit now, the Earth people have been told we exist".
Unless it be known that there are malevolent forces 'out there', in which case there would be a strong argument for spending more 'tax dollars' on 'defence'.

IMO if there was some kind of 'reveal' that it be known that other intelligences exist 'out there' I doubt that much will change here on Earth.
Yes ok, a lot of people previously poo-pooed as 'cranks' will feel vindicated, some religious sorts will have to adjust their world view,
Watching the various mainstream religions tie themselves into knots to accommodate aliens would be interesting.

It is claimed that UFOs equals to Heinz 57 varieties.

The reason being is that supposedly 57 types of humanoids are on earth.
00a9-ed4c-432b-9ef8-817fd26d5976.jpg

Equally there may be another race of aliens who discover the disclosure here on Earth that aliens have been discovered, thereby breaking intergalactic law.
‘They did what?????? We’ll show THEM’.
Unbeknownst to us, we are under intergalactic law?
Where can I get a copy of that law book?

You can see them all on a sunny afternoon in Cromer town centre.

I'm not one who expects any big reveal or revelation, but I've long thought we are more likely to encounter an advanced race from an alternative version of Earth than from another world entirely. The 'barrier' just seems 'thinner' to me, in the sense that the energy and technology that might make it worth travelling interstellar distances might also be used to skip across timelines. Further, it seems clear that quite specific astronomical factors were required for our lives on Earth to be comfortable and stable enough to produce complex, intelligent, technologically capable beings (which I hope will arise on Earth one day), so I suspect such life is spread thinly throughout the universe. Also, beings from an alternate Earth are more likely to find our Earth comfortable, familiar and compatible, than they would an entirely different world. If there's anything at all to UFOs, my feeling is that they're unlikely to come from out there, and more likely to come from next door, which to my mind includes possible futures, alternative pasts, and parallel presents.

But, like I said, I don't really think there's anything outside of psychology to be gained from the study of UFOs.

Or 82, according to a feller called Craig Campobasso who pops up on UFO podcasts fairly often.

Did you read the article in the OP?
Prof Beth Biller at Edinburgh University’s Institute for Astronomy, who was not involved in the Nature study, said the work could change how scientists approach Seti, the search for extraterrestrial life. “What was striking to me was how few of the stars within 100 parsecs could have viewed a transiting Earth,” she said.
This is evidence that we are difficult to observe, not evidence that we have been observed, or that it is likely. The transiting band is very narrow, even when you look 5000 years into the past or future.

The government has an opportunity to tell the truth, but they will not.
As you are a long-standing advocate for same, doubtless nothing will convince otherwise?

Fair enough, I will advocate evidence for related enigmas all day long (just not, 'flying saucers'!), however, what is it you still perceive as being kept secret and why?

Perhaps the latter is most perplexing - what would be the point nowadays?

I can't actually see any reason.

what is it you still perceive as being kept secret and why?

Perhaps the latter is most perplexing - what would be the point nowadays?

Not my circus or my monkey! However, easy to come up with things people might think were the point.

* They came and we killed them so they'll never come again

* It's not "aliens" it's something worse

* hidden because "let our fellow humans have a few millenia in the sun before we are all harvested for making cakes with"

* a deal was struck way back which led to the new stone age etc. Now the debt is due and we have no hard currency.

* the careful balance only works while almost all people don't know or care. The UFO community have now managed to move the species beyond the tipping point and disaster is about to break out.

* if people don't believe then you don't get tulpas (?tulpae? surely not) Now more people are interested and we've created something we have to deal with.

:)

So the official answer is not enough data so nothing is going on.

I think a kindergarten student can give a better answer.

Not my circus or my monkey! However, easy to come up with things people might think were the point.
Fascinating suggestions. :)

The alternative to why no cover up, is of course cataclysmic and categorically unpalatable for those who have believed otherwise, particularly if essentially a lifetime, fundamental conviction, akin to religion.

My recent discovery highlighted here is seminal:

Post in thread 'Kenneth Arnold (Seminal UFO Sighting; June 1947)'

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...nal-ufo-sighting-june-1947.64162/post-2040178

It's now straightforward;;the premise was:

51ptq52VGSL.jpg

No they aren't and never were.

Not my personal interpretation, it's precisely what Kenneth Arnold eventually managed to emphasise amidst contemporary and misconstrued, 'flying saucers' hysteria, especially regarding concerns about a new Russian secret weapon, in that post-war, nuclear cold-war era of fear and suspicion.

No matter how much those beliefs remain touted and even dressed-up in flying straw hats, this distruction of a fundamental pillar of faith is irreparable.

'Flying Saucers' were the foundation and yet never existed.

Who would be more qualified to explain, than Kenneth Arnold himself.

It's busted, get over it...?

In the US it's remarkably difficult.

Back