• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Are We Being Prepared For Something Big, For Real?

'something worse'
or something BETTER :D

...seriously though, it's weird, that's all I've got, that's all anyone seems to have. I don't know that the phenomenon is "out there" any more than it's not... also here... and I bet the government(s) never have the guts to say that they're as clueless as anyone who's seen something weird in the sky and will never get closure.
I don't know if that's a subscription to the trickster theory, but I definitely can't put any stock in the more materialistic concepts-- the weirdness quotient is too high for me to ascribe human-adjacent motivations to it.

Last edited:
54E07288-D323-4BFB-A76C-0463F7282DBE.jpeg

The excellent Anomalist blog is keeping up with all the US UFO revelations and counter-arguments so that we don't have to:

https://www.anomalist.com

Frankly it all makes my head spin and I believe we are at present more likely to find alien life in the atmosphere of Venus than in all those tales being retold from anonymous witnesses and fed to the tabloids and content-hungry news channels.

Modern public intellectual tries his hand at UFO theorising. It is all very clever, but way too intellectual for my taste (said while being a Zizek fan):

https://www.overcomingbias.com/p/ex...title&isFreemail=false&r=3o9&utm_medium=email

I still prefer the ultraterrestrial and cosmic joker hypothesis of John Keel. You will find that it fits the article perfectly.

- - -

And that’s it, my best guess way to explain UFOs as real amazing things arising from “aliens”, be they from planets, the deep, the future, or other dimensions. The fact that they visit but don’t colonize suggests that they collectively enforce a rule against colonization, and are here to get us to follow it, via domesticating us. If we accept them as the most impressive peaceful creatures around, we might follow their lead.

If they are domesticating us, they are doing a terrible job. We are less tamed than ever.
I've read a lot of Hanson's stuff, and it is very imaginative and inspiring; but nowadays I find I disagree with almost everything he says.

Back