• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Area 51 AKA Groom Lake: Still Secret

What do you think is happening at Area 51?

• The development of top secret aircraft

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • The hiding of recovered UFO's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reverse Engineering from alien technology

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It's just another airbase

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Area 51 doesn't exist...

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Womaniac said:
I think there are huge hangars full of rolls and rolls of tin foil. I think great conspiracy is that governments create conspiracies in order to sell tin-foil.

:lol: Let's check up who owns Bacofoil, I bet the Bush dynasty has shares!

HAARP - HIGH FREQUENCY ACTIVE AURORAL RESEARCH PROGRAM

If you believe the internet it's a device for controlling the weather, controlling minds, communicating with aliens, a weapon of mass destruction...add your own conspiracy theory....

Its published purpose is research on the ionsphere:

HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes.
The HAARP program is committed to developing a world class ionospheric research facility consisting of:

The ionospheric research instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the HF frequency range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study.
Diagnostic instruments that will be used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Observation of the processes resulting from the use of the IRI in a controlled manner will allow scientists to better understand processes that occur continuously under the natural stimulation of the sun.
In addition, diagnostics installed at the HAARP facility will be useful for a variety of other research purposes including the study of global warming and ozone depletion.

Thanks Timble

I was wondering what it was all about.

Could something like that generate an Earthquake ?

Techybloke said:
Thanks Timble

I was wondering what it was all about.

Could something like that generate an Earthquake ?

I forgot about that conspiracy...though IMO that's total nonsense.

Try GOOGLING HAARP and earthquake, it kicks up a lot of stuff.

Bah, Area 51 is just a front for the activity at Area 52...

Could that Triangle with the concentric circles be a calibration device for satellites - You know...some sort of space test card?

Hmm, could be, but I suspect it isn't precise enogh for that.
Check out todays More Breaking News at the FT home page, there is another reference to it, but most people assume it's some sort of bombing target.
But as has been mentioned, this ids just diverting us from the real story at Area 52 :lol:

Ian.

No, HAARP could not be used to stimulate an earthquake ('The Core' notwithstanding). Technology does exist to artificially stimulate tectonic activity, but is highly unpreditcable and has to be more or less at the epicentre. There was a piece in New Sci a few years back.

And HAARP does have other uses, military ones - subsurface imaging and communication. There was a piece in FT last year.

Ringo said:
I thought it was common knowledge that the Us military used Nevada as their nuclear testing area. I believe most of the strange markings and circles are targets and measuring tools.What I find fascinating, is that we are able to view it for the first time, from our homes!

The actual site of Groom Lake is interesting as it was said not to exist but you can't make out anything more than an airbase with some sort of railroad attached.

I have even found, near the top of the grey section on the google map, a base with 4 tennis courts and an American Football grid.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/R ... /sat07.jpg

I don't think the green circles are irrigation as they are clearly censored from the image. They have been doctored and in certain areas the dots are only partial. They are not areas of irrigated grass as the colour contrast is too high compared to the rest of the image. It may be that there are still nuclear silos in the desert?

Looks like the base housing for Tonopah Test Range Airfield, where the F-117A squadrons were based until the early 1990's.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... onopah.htm

Hi Smoothvirus,

Yeah, I know the images I posted were not Area 51 that's why I said I thought they were just a nuclear blast testing zone. I was just pointing out the strange things I had discovered in an area which was classified. I suppose I didn't present it in an organised fashion but I go on to say that the actual site of Groom Lake can be viewed as well.

I thought it was common knowledge that the Us military used Nevada as their nuclear testing area. I believe most of the strange markings and circles are targets and measuring tools.What I find fascinating, is that we are able to view it for the first time, from our homes!

The actual site of Groom Lake is interesting as it was said not to exist but you can't make out anything more than an airbase with some sort of railroad attached.

Summbody smart would write a script to locate lat/long of areas that are blocked out on the map. Some of them won't be commonly known.

Area 51 is where the government is hiding the aliens/alien stuff that crashed in Roswell. What else could it be? The other explanations are just so illogical. :D

Heh heh, I can see a time when speculation of what goes on at Area 51 comes full circle and people will talk in hushed voices that the Alien testing is not what really goes on there, that it's just a cover.
Whilst Skeptics will scoff at the idea that there is any such thing as "Weapons testing" it's just misidentification of Alien craft!

Ian.
P.S Hows the suit coming on RainyOcean?

Pretty good. Just need some skin for the right arm. Any volunteers? :D

Well, it looks like Bob Lazar has a competitor:
Dr. Crain's UFO Claims Raise Questions
Dec 5, 2005, 01:56 PM

UFO stories don't get any wilder than this one. A Las Vegas man has developed a cult-like following around the world by claiming to have worked with a live extraterrestrial at Area 51.

The story told by Dan Burisch is a whopper, but can he prove any of it? George Knapp of the Eyewitness News I-Team has the story of Dr. Dan's alien adventure.

His name today is Dan Burisch. Before that it was Dan Catselas, and when Eyewitness News first ran into him, it was Dan Crain. "Doctor" Dan Crain, he says. But is he a doctor, and has he really been face to face with an alien in an underground lab?

This story has a little bit of everything, including a lot of unanswered questions. When Channel 8 produced a story in 1994 about this volunteer teacher at the Boys and Girls club, he was introduced as Dr. Dan Crain. At the time, Dan Crain, now known as Dan Burisch, was supposedly participating in the most secret program in existence. But the secret is now out. Burisch has a worldwide following -- websites a message boards, books, audiotapes and DVDs.

He has a publicist and a biographer, a high profile for a secret scientist. Burisch says he worked in an underground lab at S-4 near Area 51, the same place first made public by Bob Lazar. Inside he met an extraterrestrial named Jrod and they became pals. He also met angels in the lab and they spoke in Hebrew.

On Frenchman's Mountain, Burisch discovered the first seeds of life on earth. Who believes this stuff? His wife Deborah for one. She signed a sworn statement saying she too works for MJ-12, the secret government. Family friend Marcia McDowell, another alleged secret agent, supports the story too. It's grown more complex ever since we first heard some of it in 1990. It's more complex now.

There are photos of Burisch and his wife in military garb saluting each other. Neither ever served in the military. Intriguingly, they have a sticker on their windshield that allows access to Nellis AFB. Would a real government scientist be allowed to openly dribble out government secrets? We asked former army intelligence Colonel John Alexander.

"It's highly improbable," said Col. John Alexander, retired army intelligence. What about his PHD? Burisch says he earned his doctorate in 1990 at Stony Brook University in New York. The school says he was never a student there. Burisch says his records were erased. But at the time he supposedly earned his degree in New York, records show, he had a full time job in Las Vegas as a parole officer.

He now says he flew back and forth to the school on weekends. Ridiculous, the university says. He met his wife as a parole officer. She was there on drug charges. She's spent 12 years in the PBX department of the Mirage, but that's just a cover job. [edit: a PBX department is basically a call centre]

We asked MGM Mirage if they know they have a secret agent working for them in a cover job. They do now. Marcia McDowell, another secret operative, who solicited our coverage a few times, is seen in a video as she uncovers a space probe on Frenchman's Mountain and then meticulously dissects it's sophisticated electrical tape and rubber tubing.

Someone else who believes Burisch is his mom, Dodie Crane, although she has some doubts too. "If my son is the biggest bull****er in the world, I want to know about it," said Dodie Crain, Dan's mom.

Like everyone else in this story, Dodie declined an on camera interview, but told us her son, whom she hasn't seen in 12 years, is telling the truth. She's written her own book about it.

For a final opinion on this story, we turned to a man who helped to inspire it and who supposedly was in the secret program with Burisch.

"This is the biggest bull***t story I have ever heard in my life. Anybody that actually believes this guy should be ashamed of themselves. I never worked at Tonopah. I never met this knucklehead," said Bob Lazar.

The sticker on the windshield is from Nellis. The United States Air Force says it's a low level sticker, easy to get, allowing access to the commissary, and that you can get one if you've had a relative in the military, as Deb Burisch has.

Also, Eyewitness News did talk to UNLV where Dan Burisch really did earn a B.A. in psychology. He's listed in the alumni guide as having that PHD from New York, but UNLV told us the alumni guide doesn't verify someone's post graduate credentials, so just because it says PHD in the guide means little.

Dan Burisch is a smart guy and this is an interesting story, which a lot of people seem to believe. We think it is sorely lacking in verifiable evidence. If any surfaces, we'd like to see it.

source

No, I dont think aliens would work with somone like that....

Or maybe they would....

Secret's?

There are no secret's . Only management of information now. Or disinformation.
The tragedy is , that not admitting to what is happening is an unfolding tragedy.People who are supposed to be protecting us have sold the our future and will not be able to make any difference.

People dont care about the truth

and conspiracy is often more attractive

Astronauts and Area 51: the Skylab Incident

Wednesday, 11 January, 2006

Far out in the Nevada desert, miles from prying eyes, is a secret Air Force facility that has been known by numerous names over the years. It has been called Paradise Ranch, Watertown Strip, Area 51, Dreamland, and Groom Lake. Groom is probably the most mythologized real location that few people have ever seen. According to people with overactive imaginations, it is where the United States government keeps dead aliens, clones them, and reverse-engineers their spacecraft. It is also where NASA filmed the faked Moon landings.However, for humans whose feet rest on solid ground, Groom is the site of highly secret aircraft development. It is where the U-2 spyplane, the Mach 3 Blackbird, and the F-117 stealth fighter were all developed. It has also probably hosted its own fleet of captured, stolen, or clandestinely acquired Soviet and Russian aircraft. Because of this, the United States government has gone to extraordinary lengths to preserve the area’s secrecy and to prevent people from seeing it.This secrecy was threatened in early 1974 when the astronauts on Skylab pointed their camera out the window and took pictures of a facility that did not officially exist.

They returned to Earth and their photographs quickly became a headache for NASA, the CIA, and the Department of Defense. That story has never been told before. On April 19, 1974 someone in the CIA sent the Director of Central Intelligence, William Colby, a memorandum regarding a little problem.“The issue arises from the fact that the recent Skylab mission inadvertently photographed” the airfield at Groom Lake. “There were specific instructions not to do this,” the memo stated, and Groom “was the only location which had such an instruction.” In other words, the CIA considered no other spot on Earth to be as sensitive as Groom Lake, and the astronauts had just taken a picture of it.

unexplained-mysteries.com

Full article at thespacereview.com

Even though venturing to such places can result in the loss of all your rights Im starting to wonder if area 51 was moved to some other place once it came into the public domain back in the 1990s?

Back