• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Area 51-Type Places?

DieDieMyDarling

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hey all,

I'm looking for some information about other places around the world which have Area 51-esq tales associated with them.

Anything that has a history (mythical or not) of UFO technology, the holding of crashed UFOs, holding place for crashed aliens (survivors or not), or even just places that are top, top secret and have some association with technology which could be linked to UFOs and aliens.

I'm especially interested in places that aren't in the US. But I do want US ones too, in case I don't know about them.

Thanks in advance. :D

On the West coast of Scotland. there's RAF Macrihanish, currently mothballed and up for sale (at least that's what THEY want you to think)! There's been rumours about secret craft up there and Aurora project planes are supposed to have been test flown out of Macrihanish. And there's other stories....

RAF Macrihanish

It is located at the back end of nowhere and aliens would probably pass completely unnoticed!

More RAF Macrihanish

azuredoor said:
Hi there, I quite like this strange tale I came across recently, the Gateshead Grey. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... lien&hl=en

I enjoyed the video, but the ending pretty much summed up why I don't trust a lot of people who make these documentaries. When the presenter tried to support this man's claims, and fell on stony ground, rather than admit he might not be telling the truth, he just claimed he believed him anyway.

To me, the whole thing sounded like a tall tale, with some aspects of other UFO/abduction encounters thrown in to give it merit. It's a shame, it takes away from the few cases out there which are more credible.

@MsPix:

That's exactly the sort of thing i'm looking for. Thank you very much. :D

Greetings,

Wright-Patterson AFB. Dayton, Ohio, USA.
Tis said that the stuff from Roswell ended up there in hanger 18.

PEACE!

Buck

In the UK there's the whols Rendlesham Forest saga. The US airbase nearby was equipped with a stockpile of nuclear weapons, and some versions of the tale involve other underground facilities with alien connections.

We have a thread on it here
forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1914
Link is obsolete. The current URL is:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/rendlesham-forest-incident.1914/

(Rendlesham is mentioned in passing on other threads too)

Last edited by a moderator:
True and that that place is now the new 'Area 51'

So that means the ones on FB are gonna be storming the wrong place

Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia. Who knows what really goes on there?

According to this website: http://www.defence.gov.au/defencemagazine/issue/3/articles/17.html

Pine Gap, which is located 30km outside Alice Springs in the Northern Territory, is a joint Australia-United States intelligence collection facility that contributes to the national security of both nations by providing information on terrorism, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and military and weapons developments. Through Pine Gap, Australia also supports the United States in its ballistic missile early warning program by hosting a space-based infra-red system relay ground station.

Whilst according to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Gap

Pine Gap is the commonly used name for a U.S. satellite surveillance base or Australian Earth station approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) south-west of the town of Alice Springs, Northern Territory in the centre of Australia which is operated by both Australia and the United States. Since 1988, it has been officially called the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap (JDFPG); previously, it was misleadingly known as Joint Defence Space Research Facility.

Partly run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the station is a key contributor to the NSA's global interception effort, which included the ECHELON program.The classified NRO name of the Pine Gap base is Australian Mission Ground Station (AMGS), while the unclassified cover term for the NSA function of the facility is RAINFALL.

isn't Ellsworth, Maine supposed to be 'area 52'? i have nothing to support this other than 'i heard it somewhere'.

Pine Gap, Northern Territory, Australia. Who knows what really goes on there?

According to this website: http://www.defence.gov.au/defencemagazine/issue/3/articles/17.html

Pine Gap, which is located 30km outside Alice Springs in the Northern Territory, is a joint Australia-United States intelligence collection facility that contributes to the national security of both nations by providing information on terrorism, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and military and weapons developments. Through Pine Gap, Australia also supports the United States in its ballistic missile early warning program by hosting a space-based infra-red system relay ground station.

Whilst according to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Gap

Pine Gap is the commonly used name for a U.S. satellite surveillance base or Australian Earth station approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) south-west of the town of Alice Springs, Northern Territory in the centre of Australia which is operated by both Australia and the United States. Since 1988, it has been officially called the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap (JDFPG); previously, it was misleadingly known as Joint Defence Space Research Facility.

Partly run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the station is a key contributor to the NSA's global interception effort, which included the ECHELON program.The classified NRO name of the Pine Gap base is Australian Mission Ground Station (AMGS), while the unclassified cover term for the NSA function of the facility is RAINFALL.

theres a rather good tv series on netflix set at pine gap. its more spy/government conspiracy rather than, you know, aliens, but i enjoyed it.

isn't Ellsworth, Maine supposed to be 'area 52'? i have nothing to support this other than 'i heard it somewhere'.

I seriously doubt it.

I suspect whatever you heard was referring to Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota.

Never hear much about Hanger 18 anymore, I loved the film, had it on VHS for ages

I seriously doubt it.

I suspect whatever you heard was referring to Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota.
D'oh!
Duplication by me not reading to the end of the thread! Sorry Ladyloafer, EnolaGaia.

On a not unrelated note though, Ellsworth ( and Wright-Paterson) for that matter are close to relatively large conurbations.
If something super secret (be it "exotic" or "mundane") was homed there it seems kinda risky. A more remote location; Groom lake, Dugway or the like seems a more plausible base.

Mind you the NE United States like Maine etc do have the advantage of not being on the radar so to speak of UFO watchers, and has easier access for some of the top minds at the Ivy league universities like Harvard, Stanford, Cornell and MIT.

Exactly. Hiding in plain sight!

(And yes I am sure you and enolagaia are correct, and I was remembering wrong)

Exactly. Hiding in plain sight!

(And yes I am sure you and enolagaia are correct, and I was remembering wrong)
Maybe all those stories about Montauk AFB are a pre-emptive cover-up to discredit anyone who happens to see what's really out there at the far tip of Long Island!

Bear in mind that facilities for maintaining secrecy depend on what it may be you wish to keep secret.

"Area 51" is in fact a testing / exercise range (regardless of whatever else it contains) used for flight testing and air-to-air / air-to-ground combat trials / exercises (including dropping dummy bombs). You need a lot of secure real estate for that sort of thing - both for the sake of keeping certain things out of sight from prying eyes and to avoid having yokels wandering around at risk of injury or even death.

In contrast, less spectacular and potentially injurious testing or R&D activities might be adequately secure if performed in an office building "downtown."

Bear in mind that facilities for maintaining secrecy depend on what it may be you wish to keep secret.

"Area 51" is in fact a testing / exercise range (regardless of whatever else it contains) used for flight testing and air-to-air / air-to-ground combat trials / exercises (including dropping dummy bombs). You need a lot of secure real estate for that sort of thing - both for the sake of keeping certain things out of sight from prying eyes and to avoid having yokels wandering around at risk of injury or even death.

In contrast, less spectacular and potentially injurious testing or R&D activities might be adequately secure if performed in an office building "downtown."

There are areas near Area 51 that were used for testing atom bombs - not the sort of place you'd want people wandering about. I had a look on googlemaps and it's like the surface of the moon, there's so many craters.
https://goo.gl/maps/E2tiCjGzfq95p9PN6

There are areas near Area 51 that were used for testing atom bombs - not the sort of place you'd want people wandering about. I had a look on googlemaps and it's like the surface of the moon, there's so many craters.
https://goo.gl/maps/E2tiCjGzfq95p9PN6
Probably still radioactive, some of them. The neutron bomb craters are probably safe to be near, though.

Back