• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Argentinean Investigation

A

Anonymous

According to Newsweek scientists in Argentina are investigating a spate of strange animal mutilations:

'BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, June 19 — Argentina is sending its own “X-Files” scientists to probe strange deaths of farm animals found dissected, mutilated and drained of blood on remote Pampa plains, killings some have blamed on aliens. At least 70 animals were reported killed in recent weeks, some with their genitals and tongues pulled out with surgical precision surrounded by charred grass with no signs of blood stains. One horse’s hoof had a circle drawn into it.'

New Chupacabra outbreak?

Tongue and genitals being removed reminds me not so much of Chupacabra but of legends related to the Mapinguari and the Mono Grand, which are more bigfoot-like creatures. Generally the Mapinguary is thought of as a ground slot but this is because of one scientist's theory, and the legends have been exaggerated into demon-like humanoids similar to the Wendigo in NA, which has caused overlap with the Mono Grand, which is supposedly a 5-6ft, bipedal monkey (Heuvelmans identified it with De Loys Ape). I think Heuvelmans's "On the Track of Unknown Animals" recounts similar mutilations in Argentina in the 1920s or 30s.

Of course, what was blamed on a Mono Grand in the 20s might easily be blamed on a Chupa today, just because it is the best-known cryptid suspect. Personally I think most if not all goat/cattle mutilations, whether attributed to Chupa, Mono Grand, Thylacines, Nandi bears or aliens are probably of human origin, although which humans (cults? extortion gangs? government researchers? farmers looking for publicity?) I dont know.

Back