• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Armless Crime

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Armless man caught speeding in NZ

The man was well above the legal speed limit when he was stopped
A man with no arms has been caught speeding at 121 km/h (75 mph), according to police in New Zealand.

The driver, who used one foot to steer and another to operate the pedals, told officers he was born with no arms but had been driving for years.

The 32-year-old had passengers in the car when he was stopped on a highway near Papamoa in the Bay of Plenty area.

Police fined the unemployed man NZ$170 (£60) and banned him from driving, local media reported.

'Shocked officer'

The driver, whose name has not been published, was going well over the speed limit of 100 km/h (60 mph) when he was stopped by police on Thursday.

Senior Constable Brent Gray approached the driver's window, saw a foot on the dashboard and noticed the seat was reclined.

Mr Gray told colleagues he thought the man had an "attitude", then noticed the driver had no arms.

"He (Mr Gray) was pretty shocked by that, as you would be," acting Senior Sgt Deirdre Lack was quoted as telling local newspaper the Bay of Plenty Times.

The driver told police he had never held a driving licence.

Ms Lack said the motorist had been a danger to fellow drivers because he was breaking the limit.

"Obviously, driving at a speed like that, arms or not, you're just waiting for an accident," she said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 842634.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stunned to find an existing thread tailor-made for hosting this story ... :evillaugh:

An armless and homeless Florida man has been arrested for stabbing a tourist using his feet. The stabber and the stabbee differ in their accounts of the incident.

Armless Florida man accused of stabbing tourist

A homeless Florida man with no arms has been arrested for stabbing a tourist with scissors using his feet, police say.

Jonathan Dale Crenshaw, a homeless artist from South Beach, Fla., was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated battery after he allegedly stabbed Cesar Coronado, a visiting tourist from Chicago ...

According to a witness, Coronado was asking Crenshaw for directions when the man suddenly attacked him, stabbing him in the arm before fleeing on foot.

"I'm not from here, and this is not what I came for. I came for a vacation," Coronado told NBC 6. "I just said, 'do you know where this is?' but as soon as I talked, the only thing he reacted was — he just cut me."

After being found near the scene by police, Crenshaw told officers that he was lying down when a man came up to him and punched him in the head. Crenshaw said he pulled the pair of scissors from his suitcase with his feet and stabbed the man twice to defend himself, according to officers. ...

Crenshaw is now being held in jail on $7,500 bond.
FULL STORY: https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...ing-tourist-south-beach-miami-homeless-artist

I'm stunned to find an existing thread tailor-made for hosting this story ... :evillaugh:

An armless and homeless Florida man has been arrested for stabbing a tourist using his feet. The stabber and the stabbee differ in their accounts of the incident.

FULL STORY: https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...ing-tourist-south-beach-miami-homeless-artist

giphy.gif

maximus otter

Back