• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Astral Plane?

Have you ever had what you believed to be an out of body experience?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I was sitting here thinking...a dangerous habit indeed. I've had experiences with out of body experiences on at least three occasions in the past. Very strange feeling, you feel wide awake and fully cognizant but, the experience still has elements of dream. I have no doubt the phenomina exists, but that doesn't mean I was leaving my body or mind as the case may be. They were similar to lucid dreams but I was far more awake and aware of my surroundings. One thing I noticed on a regular basis that has me puzzled is, why were my obe environment slightly different than reality? I noticed that certain furniture was missing, doors or windows might be a slightly different shape or design but the layout and basics would always be the same.
I guess my question for this thread is Has anyone else here had an out of body experience, and if so were there particular differences in your environment? Do you think that your environment was generated by your mind, or do you believe that there is some sort of amorphus independant Geo Psychic Topography? Speculation is fun sometimes and that's what this thread is all about.

When I started having these experiences similar to your's about five years ago I thought they where OBE's - wishful thinking I think, because now when I have one I have to admit there are too many things out of place for it to be an OBE - so I've concluded that they are just very real dreams.
Maybe lucid dreams, I wouldn't know, but not OBE's bugger it...

no not lucid dreams because I never really have control.

I've had several obe's, but I can't control where I go, as for lucid dreaming I notice a difference in being able to change the background objects, people that are there. For instance if I want a bat or gun, etc... it just appears in my hand, I'm not an expert, but thats what happens to me. PikaChris keep practicing and experimenting, you'll lean how to take control and make sleeping a little bit more interesting!

Originally posted by PikaChris
[BI guess my question for this thread is Has anyone else here had an out of body experience, and if so were there particular differences in your environment? Do you think that your environment was generated by your mind, or do you believe that there is some sort of amorphus independant Geo Psychic Topography? Speculation is fun sometimes and that's what this thread is all about.

Yes-the doors always opened the opposite way to the ones in real life , and sometimes there was strange electrical stuff like boxes with lights on the wall next to the door or things wouldn't turn off/on . This only happened to me rarely and it was some years ago so I can't remember too many details . It seemed more than a dream image of a place but less than reality .

Back