• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
SpaceX first attempt at launching astronauts to International Space Station is expected to happen at 20:33 UTC.
The instantaneous launch window opens at 4:33 p.m. EDT, or 20:33 UTC, with backup instantaneous launch opportunities available on Saturday, May 30 at 3:22 p.m. EDT, or 19:22 UTC, and on Sunday, May 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, or 19:00 UTC. Tune in here to watch the launch webcast. Coverage will begin about 4 hours before liftoff.

Live video:

More info from NASA here.

Last edited:
In about two hours, a pair of astronauts will travel to the ISS in a SpaceX craft. I believe this is the first time they've delivered more than cargo.

I do hope it goes smoothly and the astronauts will be safe.

I reckon they're going to pull it cos of the weather

50/50 chance at the moment.

I do hope it all goes well and we see a return to flight of NASA 'merican astronauts, not being reliant on the russians.
This is what we don't want to see.

dragon wreckage.png

* Illustration not to scale.

No shit.

AFAIK the dragon capsule is automated isn't it?

They could've put a trained monkey and a man in the capsule.
"What does the monkey do?"
"Presses the buttons"
"What does the man do?"
"Feeds the monkey"

I can't wait to see those boosters returning to Earth and landing again. Honestly, I sat slack jawed with my mouth wide open the first time I saw it. It must have been how peope felt when they saw the Moon landings. It was possibly the most exciting thing I have ever seen in my life (and I saw both of my kids being born but don't tell that I said that).

I can't wait to see those boosters returning to Earth and landing again. Honestly, I sat slack jawed with my mouth wide open the first time I saw it. It must have been how peope felt when they saw the Moon landings. It was possibly the most exciting thing I have ever seen in my life (and I saw both of my kids being born but don't tell that I said that).
Yep, when I saw it I sat for a while, pondering what I'd just seen. Amazing.

boosters returning to Earth and landing again

IIRC I posted footage of that from a distant vantage point at the start of the 'Things that are not UFOs" thread.

Looking like it might be getting pushed back 10 minutes. Or possibly scrubbed altogether.

Bah....scrubbed. Go again saturday.

What time is it on Sat?

20:33 UK time I believe.

Wishing them all the best.

So you did. I hit the wrong keys. Good job you were there.

Nice. I have 'cast' the feed to my big screen Sony Bravia Ultra 4K HD tv. Looks excellent.

New countdown for new launch of SpaceX rocket to ISS. The last one was cancelled because of weather.

After standing down from launch on Wednesday May 27, SpaceX is now targeting Saturday, May 30 for Falcon 9’s launch of Crew Dragon’s second demonstration (Demo-2) mission from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This test flight with NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley on board the Dragon spacecraft will return human spaceflight to the United States.

The instantaneous launch window opens at 3:22 p.m. EDT, or 19:22 UTC, with a backup instantaneous launch opportunity available on Sunday, May 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, or 19:00 UTC. Tune in here to watch the launch webcast. Coverage will begin about 4 hours before liftoff.

Demo-2 is the final major test for SpaceX’s human spaceflight system to be certified by NASA for operational crew missions to and from the International Space Station. SpaceX is returning human spaceflight to the United States with one of the safest, most advanced systems ever built, and NASA’s Commercial Crew Program is a turning point for America’s future in space exploration that lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon, Mars, and beyond.

Very brave astronauts, the day after Musk's hardware blew up massively.

Back