• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Ata' (Atacama Humanoid): Chilean Micro-Humanoid Corpse

TVgeek

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Its a lengthy read, but with plenty of photos!!

http://www.rense.com/general31/tinyt.htm

Here's a snip:

CONCEPCION, Chile -- On October first of 2002, while vacationing in the Southern Chilean city of Concepcion, a group of family members found what appeared to be a small humanoid creature. The miniscule being measures about 7.2 centimeters long. It has a relatively large head, two arms with long fingers, and two legs. The discovery was first reported by Mega News Service, which is the local news channel in the Santiago area.

According to previously gathered evidence and interviews conducted by journalist Rodrigo Ugarte, the bizarre creature was found among bushes by one of the children during an outdoors trip. The child allegedly picked it up and wrapped it with a piece of paper. The child claims that it stayed alive for about eight days, and in some instances, it even opened its eyes.

Nevertheless, after supposedly being dead for a few days, the small creature displays signs of advanced decomposition; it even appears to be in a strange state of mummification.

--------------------------------------------------

Have at it!!!
TVgeek

Urp.

That's okay, I wasn't hungry anyway. :cross eye

There won't be a follow-up article when the DNA results come in, I betcha.

I'm guessing squirrel (or Chilean equivalent)
when all is said and done.

TVgeek

The picture reminded me of Narne Pons (?)

I just skimmed the story. Did they claim that this was actually alive and moving when they discovered it?

Yes -- it would open its eyes occasionally
and stayed warm after it "died".

The Narne Pons photos are frighteningly similiar!
Thanks for that!
TVgeek

Re: tv geek I'm guessing squirrel

yep! that's what I thought (have lots here )..nuts..

looks like it to me..

what does everybody else think?..remember add a little dry skin to it and check out dim paws ...mmmm?

Well, this thread has got my boggle gland well stimulated!

Not only a Chilean Humanoid but a Naree Pons too!

EDIT: Tried a google on Naree Pons, and the only references to it all refer back to the cyberspaceorbit link given above....

Naree Pons are related to the miniature mummified elephants I'm obsessed with; they're both from Taiwan and they're both little and mummified. I may open up a web site once I get any amount of data on the miniature mummy idea whatsoever.

Anyway, I thought this humanoid thing might be a stillborn or aborted fetus from a housecat or wild cat. It's a stretch, but is it any more of a stretch than the explanation offered in the article?

Very odd. The skull looks almost human from the side, but not from the front.

Carole

Little humanoid

Recall the fairy coffins found up in Scotland...

The Good Fokl are still with us.

urgh, the red squirrel skeleton site is disgusting. they also teach you how to dissect owl pellets. bleah! and it's for children

I think just about all that can be said about this carcass is that it is most likely a mummified late fetal stage or newborn of some sort of mammal. Most species of mammals have very rounded, flat-faced skulls at or before birth (look at a newborn kitten), and as the "Beast of Bosnia" showed when skin has either been removed or has shrivelled through decomposition normal mammalian paws can come to resemble human hands.

I doubt its a baby primate as that would have a much larger head. Small carnivore (cat or mustelid) or maybe even some sort of rodent would be my best guess at it.

Or (sudden thought) it could be one of South America's little known small (opossum relative) marsupials. Marsupials are hairless, blind, helpless fetuses at birth, a newborn marsupial resembles a mid-stage fetus of a placental mammal, and would look very little like the adult of the same species. A newborn kangaroo does not even have fully formed hind limbs (which this specimen doesnt seem to have) and is no larger than a mans thumb.

This could explain why it was apparently alive when found, which otherwise I would say was simply the "discoverers" lying to make their strange find sensational, as no placental mammal at that stage could stay alive on its own, but a marsupial maybe could for a while (but die of starvation if deprived of milk).

Although there is still the possibility that the "found alive" thing was a lie, and it was long dead and just oddly preserved.

The "baby Chupa" thing is inevitable, especially with the "alien-like" appearance of the skull... if it is a baby Chupa, then perhaps Chupa is an unknown marsupial...

I thought it was common knowledge that one of the root stocks that chupacabras were hybridized from (by alien / U.S. Gov't) was kangaroo. Hence, this all makes perfect sense, obviously this is a fetus that has somehow been dislodged from its mother's pouch. The scary part is that this indicates that chupas can breed in the wild without the facilitation of its creators.

Well, ok, at least the marsupial part makes sense. Opossum?

TVgeek said:
I'm guessing squirrel (or Chilean equivalent)
when all is said and done.

TVgeek

A 'Squeeereeel' then.

It looks like one of the characters that Tool use in their videos.
I'm thinking that the foetus-something is quite likely, but get a bit icked if I ponder on that too long. :cross eye

Maybe it's a baby evil clown, Quicksilver?:p

No, I think the explanation is most probably nearest to Goldstein's theory . . .

Carole

Maybe they're like dalmatian puppies, the spots (or in this case makeup, red nose, etc) don't appear until they're a bit older . . .

Carole

Oops, sorry, folks, off thread a bit, promise I'll behave now!

ok, ok -- last OT, I promise...

Geez, Carole -- you've just opened up a whole new range
of psychoses (psychosii?) -- clown puberty -- imagine the
implications! LOL!!

TVgeek

I agree with the comments at the bottom of the Rense page.

Maybe the scientist's words lost something in the translation:
"After a preliminary analysis and without seeing it in "macro" fashion, I have concluded that it is earthly." ???

What does he mean by 'macro'? Under a microscope? And he is pontificating after a 'preliminary' analysis?

Probably the thing is 'earthly', but I won't accept it on the say-so of a man who seems to have done little more than glance at it.

When I first saw the 'thing', there was something very familiar about it; it has taken several days for me to recall what it was that it reminded me of;-
It looks like the upper half of one of the fake mermaids popular in the early-mid 19th Century, made by combining the head and torso of a monkey with either a real or manufactured tail of a fish. I saw and almost bought one at an auction in Bristol a few years ago - dead ringer!:eek!!!!:

WTF???

Who, exactly, is putting the pressure on the family
to stop the investigations?

http://www.rense.com/general31/humn.htm

The organization known as CIO, which was recently responsible for the investigation of the tiny creature discovered in Concepcion, Chile, has decided to withdraw from the case. The announcement was made in light of recent requests from the family members and owners of the alleged creature also known as TOY,. The family is reportedly 'under pressure' to stop the investigation from going any further.
-------------------------------

It goes on to "apologize" to us, the readers for not
following through on this... either they got too close
to finding it a fake -- or someone is offering some big
money for this thing. (Thats just my take on it!)

TVgeek

The tiny humanoid creature

Has anybody followed the link on the front page?
No doubt a fake (my opinion, obviously), but what do you think?
It looks a bit too much like Gigers alien for my liking.have a look

rac: I saw that but I think this isn't current news - I think there is a date on the page which seems to suggest it is from 26th October 2002. Although I could be wrong.

My intial thoughts: It looks like Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo (sorry they were my thoughts).

Emps

Back