• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Ata' (Atacama Humanoid): Chilean Micro-Humanoid Corpse

SameOldVardoger said:
DNA results has arrived according to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BfF1s69Bg78

Congrats! It's an E.T.!! (If the video is to be believed)
Or, not. As the case may be.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ufo-documentary-reveals-remains-six-inch-1850805

UFO documentary reveals remains of six-inch 'space alien' found in Chilean desert are HUMAN

The tiny skeleton, known as the Atacama Humanoid, has fuelled speculation for ten years, with many considering it to be proof of extra-terrestrial life

Daily Mirror. Natalie Evans. 24th April 2013

The mummified remains of a six-inch “space alien”, discovered a decade ago in the Chilean desert, have been identified as human.

The tiny skeleton has fuelled speculation for 10 years, with many considering it to be proof of extra-terrestrial life while others believed it was an aborted foetus or a monkey.

The creature, known as the Atacama Humanoid (or ‘Ata’), was found in Chile’s Atacama Desert in 2003.

The discovery was made by Oscar Munoz, who had been searching for objects of historical value near to an abandoned church in La Noria.

He described Ata to Open Minds as: “A strange skeleton, no bigger than 15cm [the size of a pen].

“It was a creature with hard teeth, a bulging head with an additional odd bulge on top. It’s body was scaly and of dark colour. Unlike humans, it had nine ribs.”

Now UFO documentary Sirius has revealed that Ata was not a hoax but in fact a mummified human, the Huffington Post reported.

According to documents, a forensic medical expert at Basque University, in northern Spain, said: “It’s a mummified body with all typical characteristics of a foetus.

“The body displays all the structures and anatomical links normal for the head, trunk and extremities.

“Taken together, the proportionality of the anatomical structures… [allows us] to interpret beyond doubt, that this is a mummified human foetus completely normal.”

Trailers for the Sirius documentary had previously suggested DNA analysis of Ata proved the creature was of “unknown classification”.

But at the documentary’s Hollywood premiere on Monday, Ata was revealed to be a male human.

Ata is currently in the possession of Barcelona entrepreneur Ramon Navia-Osorio, the head of UFO organisation the Institute for Exobiological Investigation and Study.

Gary Nolan, director or stem cell biology at Stanford University’s School of Medicine in California, told the Huffington Post: “Obviously it was breathing, it was eating, it was metabolising.

“It calls into question how big the thing might have been when it was born.”

Sirius also explores a campaign calling on the US government to reveal what it reportedly knows about UFOs and alien life.
And that, would appear to be that.

It would be childish of me to say "Called it!", so I probably shouldn't.

As for that being that, would that it were so...

Steven Greer was on coast to coast last night. I paraphrase : 'the bone development indicated it was 6-8 years old, that's not me saying that, that's [scientist name].' etc.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
SameOldVardoger said:
DNA results has arrived according to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BfF1s69Bg78

Congrats! It's an E.T.!! (If the video is to be believed)
Or, not. As the case may be.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ufo-documentary-reveals-remains-six-inch-1850805

UFO documentary reveals remains of six-inch 'space alien' found in Chilean desert are HUMAN

The tiny skeleton, known as the Atacama Humanoid, has fuelled speculation for ten years, with many considering it to be proof of extra-terrestrial life

Daily Mirror. Natalie Evans. 24th April 2013

The mummified remains of a six-inch “space alien”, discovered a decade ago in the Chilean desert, have been identified as human.

The tiny skeleton has fuelled speculation for 10 years, with many considering it to be proof of extra-terrestrial life while others believed it was an aborted foetus or a monkey.

The creature, known as the Atacama Humanoid (or ‘Ata’), was found in Chile’s Atacama Desert in 2003.

The discovery was made by Oscar Munoz, who had been searching for objects of historical value near to an abandoned church in La Noria.

He described Ata to Open Minds as: “A strange skeleton, no bigger than 15cm [the size of a pen].

“It was a creature with hard teeth, a bulging head with an additional odd bulge on top. It’s body was scaly and of dark colour. Unlike humans, it had nine ribs.”

Now UFO documentary Sirius has revealed that Ata was not a hoax but in fact a mummified human, the Huffington Post reported.

According to documents, a forensic medical expert at Basque University, in northern Spain, said: “It’s a mummified body with all typical characteristics of a foetus.

“The body displays all the structures and anatomical links normal for the head, trunk and extremities.

“Taken together, the proportionality of the anatomical structures… [allows us] to interpret beyond doubt, that this is a mummified human foetus completely normal.”

Trailers for the Sirius documentary had previously suggested DNA analysis of Ata proved the creature was of “unknown classification”.

But at the documentary’s Hollywood premiere on Monday, Ata was revealed to be a male human.

Ata is currently in the possession of Barcelona entrepreneur Ramon Navia-Osorio, the head of UFO organisation the Institute for Exobiological Investigation and Study.

Gary Nolan, director or stem cell biology at Stanford University’s School of Medicine in California, told the Huffington Post: “Obviously it was breathing, it was eating, it was metabolising.

“It calls into question how big the thing might have been when it was born.”

Sirius also explores a campaign calling on the US government to reveal what it reportedly knows about UFOs and alien life.
And that, would appear to be that.

That probably killed peoples interest in the film just two days after its release, even though the film is about several subjects.

Edit: the video I was linking to has been removed after it's official it was a human.

kamalktk said:
Steven Greer was on coast to coast last night. I paraphrase : 'the bone development indicated it was 6-8 years old, that's not me saying that, that's [scientist name].' etc.

6-8 years old? Impossible to believe.

Mythopoeika said:
kamalktk said:

6-8 years old? Impossible to believe.
He was the first guest last night. He's the first hour or so guest, and the 6-8 age comes up several times, and specifically around minute 24-26. (I don't know how to link to a specific spot in a youtube video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kysuu0oKN0

Given that this is now "officially" a human, it is even more of a mystery. It isn't a fetus - it's too far developed, so what is it?

The Flores Man discovery sparked all kinds of debate and this creature raises all kinds of implications such as the origins of the myths of elves and pixies

And who's to say it ISN'T an alien and we have the same roots? Speculation that life came to this planet via a seeding meteorite surely makes this a possibility

The 6" humanoid testing results are much better explained in the full length SIRIUS video, rather than the short news clippings which have obviously attempted to over-simplify the testing results.

The actual conclusion in the video was very intricate.

In short, while the DNA is probably human (the DNA was incomplete but from the readable sequences, it matched human DNA. Also, it showed that the mother was indigenous - perhaps hinting at a possible hybrid; although this word wasn't used). It was also concluded that it was a living, breathing, eating creature for 6-8 years. It has 10 ribs instead of 12 and along with the alien-like facial features, these 2 mutations account for NO KNOWN mutation in the realm of science.

In other words, or maybe in my words, it's either a brand new mutation never before seen, or an alien hybrid.

Yes Hu, it's very intriguing. I don't know why it's not been causing more interest, although to be honest FT would be making more of the story had it been a fake like the fiji mermaid!
I'm gonna try and watch the full video in the next couple of days

If it's human, it's not alien. The poor thing is probably a miscarried fetus, deformed perhaps by wrapping it up in fabric for an unknown number of years. The 'breathing, eating' stuff is almost certainly nonsense; no human that small could eat.

eburacum said:
If it's human, it's not alien.
Not a valid conclusion. You're refusing to take a hybrid scenario into account for some reason. Genetic sciences wouldn't have means of recognizing alien DNA even with a perfect sample; and especially so when the sequences are incomplete.

eburacum said:
The poor thing is probably a miscarried fetus
Proven not to be the case. Again, these mutations (facial features and 10 ribs) in tandem are completely new to science. These are NOT something you'd find in a miscarried fetus.

eburacum said:
no human that small could eat.
Why not?

Despite the assertions that this thing has teeth I see no eveidence for them on the x-rays; it does, however have a hard ridge which might be its gums or lips.

Nolan asserts it is 6 years old based on its 'development' - that sounds like crap to me. He should stick to DNA analysis, rather than second-guessing this sort of freak show exhibit.

Human_84 said:
Again, these mutations (facial features and 10 ribs) in tandem are completely new to science. These are NOT something you'd find in a miscarried fetus.
You might , if those mutations were what caused the miscarriage.

If you've got a sample of something that might be extratertrestrial in origin you should let the astrobiologists look at it; they are itching to get a hold of anything that might come fom out of space. Trouble is, these samples, when tested, always turn out to have an Earthly origin, so people have to tie themselves into knots saying that the samples are 'hybrids' or similar.

This is not feasible; as Anome pointed out, you'd be lucky if an alien species even used DNA at all, let alone forming a viable hybrid.

eburacum said:
you'd be lucky if an alien species even used DNA at all, let alone forming a viable hybrid.
We can't even, credibly, form a viable hybrid with other species we're actually related to, and that we evolved next to.

The current version of Wikipedia is surprisingly level-headed and balanced about it;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_humanoid
according to Nolan, the humanoid is male and shows indications of being about six to eight years old at death, despite its tiny size, and this is probably due to one of two causes: the Atacama humanoid may have suffered from a severe form of the rapid aging disease progeria, and died in the womb or after premature birth, or, less likely, it had a severe form of dwarfism, was actually born as a tiny human, and lived until age six to eight.[1][5]

It's an interesting medical mystery of an unfortunate human with a series of birth defects that currently the genetics of which are not obvious," wrote Nolan.[6] The researchers have not yet found any of the genetic mutations commonly associated with any form of dwarfism. Even if such mutations are found, other aspects of the skeleton might not be explained by them; there is no known form of dwarfism that accounts for all of the anomalies seen in the specimen, according to pediatric radiologist Ralph Lachman, a clinical professor at Stanford University and professor emeritus at the UCLA School of Medicine and co-director of the International Skeletal Dysplasia Registry at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.[5] William Jungers, a paleoanthropologist and anatomist at Stony Brook University Medical Center, notes that the specimen looks to him like a desiccated and mummified human fetus or premature stillbirth.

The progeria explanation seems reasonable; this was probably not a viable foetus, and an acute progeria-like condition might have been responsible for its premature death.

Were the investigators able to choose where on the thing to take the dna from, or did the conversation go like this:

"Only try to draw dna from the lower left leg."
"Why?"
"umm.... no reason."

Paolo Viscardi of the Horniman Museum in London has another opinion.
http://paolov.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/ ... #more-3959
On 22nd April the preliminary results were released, concluding that the specimen is human, but that despite the tiny size (~6 inches) it was thought to be a child aged between 6 and 8 years old with a variety of unknown medical conditions, rather than a foetus. This seems quite remarkable to me, since I’ve dealt with skeletal foetus specimens rather similar to this in museum collections.

The main differences I can discern by looking at the high quality photos, X-rays and CT scan on the Sirius Disclosure website are that the Atacama specimen is from a slightly earlier stage foetus (discussed below); it has mummified soft tissue that has shrunk tight (discussed below), pulling the ribcage into a more narrow configuration; and the head has been distorted, probably as a result of an illegal back-street abortion where a hook has been used to extract the foetus (discussed below), causing damage to the back of the skull and stretching the pliable head.

Edit 07/05/2013: In the comments below, a contributor called Fred links to an image of this specimen where the large hole in the head is absent. Presumably the large hole was made while taking samples for testing.

There are other parts of the skull where a hook may have been inserted, causing the cranial deformation seen, such as through a fontanelle, but this is hard to confirm from the images available, so this makes the case for an abortion using a hook less likely]

When undertaking an evaluation of something unusual like this, it is important to consider a range of factors, from the context of the specimen to how the evidence is balanced and what relative weighting should be applied to particular lines of evidence.

In this case the age estimate provided by Dr. Ralph Lachman has perhaps been overly influenced by the high density of the bone in the x-rays of the specimen (a pdf of his report can be seen here). In mummified specimens there is a well recognised increase in the density of both bone and cartilage to x-rays, to the point that age determination becomes unreliable (pdf of report on Egyptian child mummy detailing complications in age determination).

When this factor is taken into account, the specimen can be considered in a different light.-

The length and degree of development is consistent with a 14-16 week old foetus, where the bones have mostly formed and are starting to harden, the skin is transparent and the external genitalia are formed, but the fingernails, eyelashes and eyebrows have not yet formed.

This would explain not only the very small size, but also why there are only 10 pairs of ribs, as the lower ‘floating ribs’ – the ones you can see partially developed in the skeleton of the older foetus below - wouldn’t have yet formed. It would also explain why there is no evidence in the x-rays of the deciduous or unerupted permanent dentition that you would expect to find in a 6-8 year old.

eburacum said:
The progeria explanation seems reasonable; this was probably not a viable foetus, and an acute progeria-like condition might have been responsible for its premature death.

Does science have any records of a fetus or newborn being effected by progeria in a visually obvious way? I thought it was something that begins to take over AFTER birth.

Another way of asking my question... If progeria does occur while in the womb, has it ever been known to be this powerful? With a fetus still developing (not having its lower ribs yet), 6 or 7 months of development really seems too early to start taking on serious progeria effects and symptoms. Has this ever happened in recent times, on record?

I really doubt progeria being the cause in this instance. Just my opinion, and probably some research required here.

Viscardi reckons that the effects of mummification would produce the effects thet earlier were attributed to progeria; in short, it isn't a mutant mummy at all, just a normal, probably terminated foetus, in which some of the soft parts have become hard enough to be mistaken for bone - an effect he is familiar with. I wondered this myself, since, in the photos the mummy looks like it might have teeth, but on the x-rays they are absent. This is due to hardened lip or gum tissues. The absence of ribs is due to their not having developed yet.

Really, someone who is familiar with mummified foetuses is probably the best bet- someone like Viscardi.

Hmm,

I am certain I have seen that 'alien' before. Anyone else recognise it? It is the profile in the first picture that reminds me of something, the jawline in fact.

Also rather depressing watching the vids blaming the same predictable bad guys for everything: The military, the oil companies and freemasons. I was surprised the Jews didn't get wheeled on as well.

Not as depressing as reading the comments on H.P. however! The usual mix of blinkered uber sceptics and gullible idiots that are becoming so tiresome these days. Where are the balanced, thoughtful opinions?

All it proves is that there is a local practice of getting rid of aborted or miscarried foetuses by allowing them to become mummified by the desert conditions. I would be surprised if there were not more of these.

best friend is a fairly experienced medical doctor ... hes calling hoax ... although everything im reading points to it being foetal ...

ben77 said:
Hmm,

I am certain I have seen that 'alien' before. Anyone else recognize it?

I kept getting that same feeling too. I'm almost certain this thing surfaced in Ufology in the mid 2000's. Anyone else, or just another Thunderbird photo phenomena?

its linked above to the huffington post article re the similar ripleys curio

Last edited:
Hmm,

I am certain I have seen that 'alien' before. Anyone else recognise it? It is the profile in the first picture that reminds me of something, the jawline in fact.
:D

Last edited:
Ha! ... my co-worker used to make me watch Petey and Jaydee (and Happy Tree Friends) videos on his phone about 10 years ago ... I'd forgotten all about them .. Cheers! :)

Back