• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Attenbrorough and the yeti

Long long ago, in the Dark Ages before the Interwebs, Sir David did a series called, iirc, Fabulous Creatures. All about the favourite Cryptids. I have all of his available stuff on DVD, is FC available?, no.Searched everywhere for clips etc, no chance.

Bullseye_v2_0 said:
Long long ago, in the Dark Ages before the Interwebs, Sir David did a series called, iirc, Fabulous Creatures. All about the favourite Cryptids. I have all of his available stuff on DVD, is FC available?, no.Searched everywhere for clips etc, no chance.

I had no luck either.

Maybe you already know about Documentary Heaven? Fabulous Creature isn't there but many, many Fortean docs are.

http://documentaryheaven.com/

Going to move this at some point. Possibly to a Yeti thread, although we may have an Attenborough thread.

P_M

It was Fabulous Animals - I remember it well, I was about ten, and it was the first time I ever saw the Patty film. I also remember a "World About Us", also narrated by the sainted Dave, which centred on the Yeti, Bigfoot and Nessie and showed the Patty film at around the same time.

According to the linked article, Dave concludes that Patty (nb not Bigfoot in its entirety) was a hoax, but the Yeti is real. And sadly no, no DVD release (the FT article was published in 2006 though.)

Ramon, no I did not know of Doc Heaven,so that should keep me busy for the next year or so :shock: .

And Stu, your right it was,BBC probably threw all episodes away or never kept them,these days the whole lot could be kept on an Interwebbie stick thing, what else has been lost forever?.

I wrote to the BBC, specificaly to the department that deals with documentories and was told that there were 'no plans to release Fabulous Animals on DVD' despide me having told them how well it would sell. As licence payers the programe should technically be ours!

lordmongrove said:
I wrote to the BBC, specificaly to the department that deals with documentories and was told that there were 'no plans to release Fabulous Animals on DVD' despide me having told them how well it would sell. As licence payers the programe should technically be ours!

How high up the food chain was your contact?

Could you get to speak to/contact someone with clout?

It's not even listed on his IMBD page. Might have to make do with Colin's Sandwich for now.
It was Mel Smith who called him David Bloody Attenborough, wasn't it?

Back