• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Aum Shinrikyo

The remaining cult members convicted and sentenced to death have now been executed.

Tokyo Sarin attack: Japan executes last Aum Shinrikyo members on death row
Japan has executed the remaining members of a cult behind the deadly 1995 Sarin attack on the Tokyo subway.
The six men were the last members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult on death row, and were executed on Thursday, the justice ministry said.
Seven others responsible for the attack, including leader Shoko Asahara, were put to death earlier this month. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44962581

I think I read somewhere where they had created their own lab facilities that looked impressive but like James H says above they were pretty poor gas makers or else the effects of the attack would have been vastly different.

From what I've read, they couldn't even make decent speed--which is pretty easy to make--in their lab. They sold Japanese gangsters some speed they'd synthed, but afterward their stuff had a bad reputation: "It doesn't get you very high, it just keeps you awake."

From what I've read, they couldn't even make decent speed--which is pretty easy to make--in their lab. They sold Japanese gangsters some speed they'd synthed, but afterward their stuff had a bad reputation: "It doesn't get you very high, it just keeps you awake."
Isn't that what speed is supposed to do?

Isn't that what speed is supposed to do?

Well, yeah, but a lot of coffee or Vitajex tablets will do that too, and be tastier. Speed makes you feel energetic and euphoric and focused and bouncy and (ideally) creative -- in a word, high. The awakeness part is so you can enjoy it for longer.

Last edited:
Back