• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
ChrisBoardman said:
Any ideas why this doesn't work?
Because, as Pietro rightly pointed out, you can't directly upload them. You have to link to a hosting site.

I was once reprimanded for having as my avatar a balloon knot. :lol:

Are you sure it wasn't an artificial vagina? :lol:

In fairness, I was once reprimanded for having an avator pic of a toilet bowl with poop in it.

Most people would probably prefer the balloon knot. :p

The term balloon knot was a mod's carefully-chosen euphemism for the anatomical close-up I was using.

I'd smugly expected it to be overlooked but had not taken into account his eagle eye. ;)

Balloon knot - still makes me laugh. :lol:

I have been trying to get a pic, any pic as an avatar and nothing is happening! All of them have been within the limits set. I have google image searched for a picture that is within the limits set and it still gets rejected. Please tell me how I can get a little picture next to my posts!

tillybean1 said:
I have been trying to get a pic, any pic as an avatar and nothing is happening! All of them have been within the limits set. I have google image searched for a picture that is within the limits set and it still gets rejected. Please tell me how I can get a little picture next to my posts!

Try putting it on Photobucket, and then put a link to the avatar's Photobucket URL in your profile.
That might work...

Is there currently a problem with uploading a pic for an avatar? Have shrunk it well below the limits, still no joy.

Oh great and mighty admin, hear our pleas. Thy minions are sorely tried by the linking or uploading of our ikons. It is known and acknowledged throughout all the lands that "The BBcode version this board is on is on its last legs, indeed it rideth upon the back of a knacker's cart."

Signed

A. Maydupnaym (Miss)

Monstrosa said:
Oh great and mighty admin, hear our pleas. Thy minions are sorely tried by the linking or uploading of our ikons. It is known and acknowledged throughout all the lands that "The BBcode version this board is on is on its last legs, indeed it rideth upon the back of a knacker's cart."

Signed

A. Maydupnaym (Miss)

I am but a Mod of The Outer Temple, I also have had my ikons devoured by Cyber Demons.

I humbly beseech our Masters Of The Inner Temple to show Mercy And Compassion to us your humble supplicants.

Flying visit now - but I shall have a butchers when back tomorrow PM.

Ooh, sorry - thought I'd fixed it. Some browsers have always had problems rendering avatars.

Anyway will have a another go later on.

I've tried using Chrome, Opera, and Firefox, none show my avatar only a placeholder.

It's not showing in the mod control panel either. Where's it hosted? Can you try linking it as an image within a post?

Ah, flickr - if it's part of a photostream it'll screw up. It needs to be a stand-alone pic (if all else fails stick it on photobucket instead.)

I get 'You don't have permission to do that' when I try to change my avatar. Any ideas?

When ever I got that response as a child I'd ask the other parent.

I get 'You don't have permission to do that' when I try to change my avatar. Any ideas?

The avatar stuff is apparently not fully functional yet. See stuneville's comments in the 'Welcome Back' thread (Web Site Issues).

I have an avatar...the same one...but a new name. I couldn't log in under my old eyedee but what the hell.

It looks like you can set up an avatar if you're a new member, but not if you are using your old name.

I can't log on to my old name. I'm locked out. But that the transient nature of shitty tech for you.
Still. Better to have 50 posts and 1 like than 28,900 posts and no likes.

Back