• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A lot of the capabilities of these bulletin boards seem reliant on the underlying programming code and on the capabilities of the host server.

I know they've also gone over to Apache Linux on the server and however 'out of the box' things may appear at first, there are all sorts of security issues concerning permissions etc., and programming subtleties than can stop a programme dead in its tracks until they're sorted out.

I've no idea what's going on, and looking at it from this end of the MB is like an ant trying to work out out the shape of an elephant by walking round one of its feet.

:?

There is an option to allow uploaded avatars and as far as I can tell (or guess) it has been switched from yes to no. Unless the database (where the images are stored) has been cleared out they should all still be there and I have asked Al to ask to have it turned back on again.

Any idea as to the 'WHY?' of it being turned off, or has there been a coup?

Hugo Cornwall said:

I'm just guessing that they're twiddling with the settings in order to get the main features of the board up and running.

Hugo Cornwall said:

Could we ask people to keep their wilder speculations to themselves for the timebeing?

Emperor said:
Could we ask people to keep their wilder speculations to themselves for the timebeing?

so it's not the place to talk about the inement revolution by the cows then?

Bugger!

You'll regret it when they comefor you! :gaga:

Emperor said:
On a Fortean website?

*At this point I'm thinking there should be a 'raised eyebrow' emoticon*

Emperor said:
On a Fortean website? THAT's hillarious. Sort of like standing at a cliff edge and asking a group of lemmings if they could refrain from jumping.

Hook Innsmouth said:
On a Fortean website?

LOL - I meant until the baord is back up and running and everyone can speculate to their hearts content ;)

Hook Innsmouth said:
On a Fortean website?

One may assume he means concerning the 'sinister' reasons for the board being down/ avitors disapering ect, ect...

Emperor said:
Hook Innsmouth said:
On a Fortean website?

LOL - I meant until the baord is back up and running and everyone can speculate to their hearts content ;)
So while the boards not up, people can't speculate wildley? Relax, just take it all with a pinch of salt.

I say someone starts a conspiracy thread quick, because all this wild speculation in us forteans is busting like a randy sailor who's been at sea for the past ten years.

The Virgin Queen said:
One may assume he means concerning the 'sinister' reasons for the board being down/ avitors disapering ect, ect...
It would be more fun to invent one.

I don't know. Homeland security, saw all the talk about oil and iraq on this here website and decided, through various connections at microsoft and others to have a switch over, so they could have more control?

Sound good to you? Sound's good to me. and then finally when the system is up and running, we see everyone on the board agreeing with shadow on his world view, and suddenly it's the Iranians who had JFK shot, and the apollo moon landings were faked by the democrats.

I mean, how like the bush administration to take away our avatars?

Anyone else care to 'wildly speculate'?

Personally, Emps, I'd let the wild speculation run riot matey. Let people get it out of their system. I think we could get some amusing results.

I mean another 'wild speculation' of mine would be that the people who own the site softward are lizards....

anyone care to join in?

Hook Innsmouth said:
I mean another 'wild speculation' of mine would be that the people who own the site softward are lizards....

Now you see I wouldn't class that as wild speculation. In fact I should really delete that post.

If David Icke found out "The Truth" we could have a war on.

Mouse anyone?

Where is the "All hail our reptilian overlords" smiley?

That's the spirit ;) You should really deleate that post because the bit about homeland security probably has SOME truth in it ;)

Hook Innsmouth said:

anyone care to join in?

Perhaps the lizards have eaten the Hamster, leaving its little wheel empty and folorn.

Emporer aka Kent Brockman????

Emperor said:

Just substitute 'trusted mod' for 'trusted TV personality'.

"Ladies and gentlemen, uh, we've just lost the picture, but what we've seen speaks for itself. The Corvair spacecraft has apparently been taken over- 'conquered' if you will- by a master race of giant space ants. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive Earthman or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."

:shock:
;)

Quixote said:
Marion and Niles have managed to replace their avatars somehow.
I have? I know I tried but all I got was nowt for my troubles...

I was thinking along the lines that while they were shoving all the threads in the back door, the avatars got blown out the front door ...

Timble said:
Hook Innsmouth said:

anyone care to join in?

Perhaps the lizards have eaten the Hamster, leaving its little wheel empty and folorn.

nooooo :shock:

Not Rambosa the hamster :nooo:

I managed to get him to eat sunflower seeds out of my hand and jump though a wee flameing hoop on a little moterbike and everything... oh cruel fate :(

profiles

Hey,
I read on another thread that we can upload new avatars under our profile so I tried it and it wouldn't work. Then I realized that I couldn't change my signiture either. What's going on? Is the profile thing just not working right now? Is anyone else having problems?

Re: profiles

RainyOcean said:
Hey,
I read on another thread that we can upload new avatars under our profile so I tried it and it wouldn't work. Then I realized that I couldn't change my signiture either. What's going on? Is the profile thing just not working right now? Is anyone else having problems?
quietly counts to ten Everyone else is having problems, Rainy, with everything, us included. Avatars and profiles are waaay down the list at the moment, but we'll get to them.

I had noticed that my Avatar had disappeared. I guess this is related? :?:

Ah Ha! Thanks to my own trusty web space I'm back!

I used my photobucket http://www.photobucket.com album to host mine, but you can click on "show gallery" at the very bottom of your profile page for some pictures. I believe there isn't a prize for every one we show, sadly ..

Have the Lizards stated their demands yet?

A few more days and we will have to look for signs of Stockholm Syndrome

:?

I know of several people who are involved in various Plots, but nothing like this...

And my Avartar is not online, only in my files.

How do I upload it?

Back