• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Do pay attention at the back...

Homo Aves said:
...my Avartar is not online, only in my files.

How do I upload it?
In a nutshell, you can't. Not yet, anyway.

When you can, we'll tell you.

Its worth pointing out that the avatars haven't been deleted they are still there its just that while avatar uploading is switched off (for technical reasons files uploaded to the site via the browser are getting spread all over the place) they aren't being displayed.

I'm unsure how this will work out (we are still waiting for word to trickle down to us) but we will be lobbying to get uploading of avatars switched back on once the problems have been fixed.

Whoah I just discovered you can link to layout-breakingly huge images as avatars.
*sniggers*

you are just trying to make mine feel insignificant aren't you :shock: :laughing:

*Carole wiggles her little finger in a mocking manner . . .*

:p

Where's my pussy gone?

So will we eventually get our avatars back, then??

Carole

lizard23 said:
Whoah I just discovered you can link to layout-breakingly huge images as avatars.
*sniggers*

Yes could we not do that or we'll just disable all avatars.

Mine was huge when I first posted it ... :oops:

I've got a photobucket album if anyone wants to use it ...

Duuhh, what's one of them, Lobelia my flower?

Carole

Tis a website that hosts pix, you load a pic into an album, then copy and paste the code to use the pic elsewhere ....

Mana said:
Other members are putting up large avatars by mistake too.

Yep and to head off the "wheres my avatar gone?" questions - if people are using large ones they are being removed when we spot them.

So, just to re-iterrate. Dont re upload an avatar just yet. You'r probably gonna be able to fix them back ?

Nearly - you can't upload avatars bu the last one you upload is still in the database. Hopefully when uploading is fixed and we allow uploading then they will appear again.

I'm unsure what happens when you actually remotely link into one - it may delete your previous one in the database.

We won't know until we have it all back up and running.

Avatars......great when you are browsing the boards at work....not !!

Can they be switched off like on the old board ?

Excuse me if this is an overly obvious question, but how do I put my avatat on a www page somewhere, so I can link to it??

My Avatar-My Self !!!!!!!!!!

By the by, glad to see the boards back up !!

Well, here goes. Thanks for the tip Whistling, I'll keep at it ...

Oh ********, I posted 3 pics there, each smaller than the one before it, and I've copied and pasted the www bit into the avatar link space and it still WON'T COOPERATE !!!!

(Bloody Software)

I got a new avatar - just like the old avatar

[southern california beach bum dude accent]
So I"m like DUDE! Where'd my avatar go? I was like SO TOTALLY stoked when I could get back to this way cool message board. But then I'm like . . . DUDE I lost my avatar! It was such a way cool spinning globe!
Then I thought "DUDE! I can't let a little missing avatar get me down" so I'm like "DUDE! I gotta get me a new avatar!" So dudes, listen to this. I like, you know, did a WEB SEARCH for a whole new avatar. I like these cool spinning globes, you know, I get like so totally buzzed watching it spin. "animated globe gif" is the terms I googled, and DUDE you could do it too, but you know, don't use my spinning globe, that would be way uncool.

So DUDES AND DUDETTES, if you're just SO bummed without your avatar, go grab a new one off the web! DUDE, that's what it's there for. It's like so totally rockin, this web thingy. You can find almost anything out there, dude. So like, Don't bug those Mod dudes, I KNOW they have got to need a toke to deal with this message board that's taken YEARS (it seems ;) ) to come back.
[end southern california beach bum accent]

:smokin: ::tokes for mods who need a good virtual toke::

general inquiry, no hurry for response

Just wondering about the new avatar vs. old avatar. If I pointed to a new avatar, will that one be used, or will my old one be used when the old avatars are built back in?

(doesn't really matter to me, I like the new avatar, and saved it on my computer at home, so when the upload functionality works, I can retrieve it any time)
:D

Re: general inquiry, no hurry for response

HeadNSpace said:
Just wondering about the new avatar vs. old avatar. If I pointed to a new avatar, will that one be used, or will my old one be used when the old avatars are built back in?

As I said:

Emperor said:
I'm unsure what happens when you actually remotely link into one - it may delete your previous one in the database.

Prof Pretorius said:
Oh ********, I posted 3 pics there, each smaller than the one before it, and I've copied and pasted the www bit into the avatar link space and it still WON'T COOPERATE !!!!

(Bloody Software)

Are you sure you're pasting the right link? FreePicHosting gives you 2 urls - one to use on an external site and another to link back to the image in your album. Also, remember to keep within the file size limit for the FT board. Hope this helps.

PS: Oh, and don't copy the whole link, just the bit within the quotation marks beginning with 'http://...'.

Well, let's see now. I've pasted the bottomaddress into the avatar link space, clicked Submitand it flashed Your Profile Has Been Updated!

(But the Previewbutton isn't showing it, so here goes nuttin' ...

Right handsome I am !!! Even if I says so meseff !!!!!

Much thanks Jack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(By the way, I always wonder if the ladies' pics are as cute as they are ??)

HeadNSpace wrote:

As I said:

Emperor wrote:

Thank you Emps. Let's crank it all up and see which spinning globe I get. :)
(as I said before too, no hurries, no worries)

Wooo hooooo I've got my avatar back!!!!!!!!!!

I used Photobucket to host my piccie.

Can you do the usual HTML trickery on here? so just isolate the URL and do something like this:

(img src="http://www.happybees.net/beeonpurpleflower/bee.jpg" alt="What A Bee" height="80" border="0")

but with pointy brackets? Or square brackets? I've tried to get it to work and can't. I don't know how this board does with regard to normal HTML, some of the tags for things like &eacute; work but I don't know about <i>these</i> as it seems to have its own bracket system...

Any help would be appreciated as I've found my bee but can't be bothered to faff around uploading it.

Matt

Back