• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Hurrah! The purple mask is back! Emps is fast becoming the Oracle of the FTMB. He'll be founding a cult next.......... ;)

Hover your mouse over your "profile" button (leaferne said this somewhere but I can't remember where) It comes up right at the bottom of your browser window.

The Yithian said:
Are we currently able to change our titles? The bit below our names. Can't find it now.

I post on 5 other php boards and none of them have such a facility, so either it don't exist in the php universe, or them 5 are mean old gits ...

Gack. I sure hope it's five mean old gits. I wasn't planning on 'Tawdry Yank Cliche' being my permanent identity. {insert worried smiley}

Lobelia Overhill said:
The Yithian said:
Are we currently able to change our titles? The bit below our names. Can't find it now.

I post on 5 other php boards and none of them have such a facility, so either it don't exist in the php universe, or them 5 are mean old gits ...

It depends on the board so they must be 5 mean old gits.

I'm pretty sure we can add it back in.

Entia non multi said:
have the avatars vanished again, mine seems to have. :wtf:

Dunno - have you uploaded one in the last day or so? I deleted your last one as per:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 781#474781

And as an expansion on that (and to clarify this case) if you use a moderator/admin's avatars it will get deleted.

Reuploading will get you a warning.

Min Bannister said:
Hover your mouse over your "profile" button (leaferne said this somewhere but I can't remember where) It comes up right at the bottom of your browser window.

all i see when i do that is this: shortcut to profile.php?mode=editprofile
??

zardoz said:
Min Bannister said:

all i see when i do that is this: shortcut to profile.php?mode=editprofile
??

As a little Xmas pressie allow me ;)

thanks :D Glad i waited and got my old avatar back. and didnt delete over it by uploading a new one.

Ooh nearly up to the magic 100 posts mark. Maybe ill throw a cellebration. anyone fancy some cake ?

Yesterday, I tried to re-upload my avatar from tinypic, with no success - their fault or is there a problem with the board..?

Thestral said:
*gives up*

Thanks for that - very helpful of you... :roll:

I'm well aware of how to link to a remote image (indeed I advised another member previously on just how to do so) but the point I'm making is that none of the four links Tinypic provides you with seems to be working on this board at the moment.

The Yithian said:
Go to your 'profile' .

Where it says (at the very bottom):
Link to off-site Avatar:
Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to.

Copy and paste the line below in the box:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/image ... s/5636.gif

and click submit.

Thanks Yithian, but I've already been doing exactly as you suggest, to no avail...

Whistling Jack said:
Thestral said:
*gives up*

Thanks for that - very helpful of you... :roll:

I'm well aware of how to link to a remote image (indeed I advised another member previously on just how to do so) but the point I'm making is that none of the four links Tinypic provides you with seems to be working on this board at the moment.

The Yithian said:
Go to your 'profile' .

Where it says (at the very bottom):
Link to off-site Avatar:
Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to.

Copy and paste the line below in the box:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/image ... s/5636.gif

and click submit.

Thanks Yithian, but I've already been doing exactly as you suggest, to no avail...

Sorry Jack, that was aimed at Thestral. Good luck nonetheless.

Whistling Jack: Thestral's giving up was dircted at her attempts to change her avatar not at you ;)

If you want to provide a link I'll give it a go.

Thestral: If you can't get The Yithian's instructions to work let me know and I'll sort it out.

Yeah, sorry whistling Jack, that did sound ambiguous. Only meant that I gave up myself, 'cos im so stoopid...but am gonna have another try, now...

edit - Yeaa! thanks, Yithian!

I can't apologise enough, Thestral - sorry (and thanks) to Yithan and Emps also... :oops:

I need to post just to see if my avatar is back or not. Hopefully it's not huge and annoying. *fingers crossed*

Edit: back to the drawing board.

Edit #2: is that too big? (The avatar version of "Does my arse look fat in this?")

The actual image is gorgeous, it's here the last image in the last gallery. Can't link directly, unfortunately.

It's a little big FA; should be limited to 80x80 pixles IIRC...

Nice though.

wont work

I put in the offsite url and submit but it just brings me back to submission page as if I had done nothing. Even an error message would be welcome. Is there any possibility of allowing a browse function so that avatars could be uploaded from PCs?

Re: wont work

Ramon Mercado said:
I put in the offsite url and submit but it just brings me back to submission page as if I had done nothing. Even an error message would be welcome. Is there any possibility of allowing a browse function so that avatars could be uploaded from PCs?

The point is that you can't currently upload images from your computer (which is why attachmens is also currently not allowed) which is why you have to rely on the offsite URL option.

If you drop the link in here I'll take a peek at it but have a look at the other issues people have run into above - if it doesn't have an image extension then it won't work for example.

Emperor said:
However, as I've said if your avatar is too large and disrupting the proportions of the forum it will be removed if a mod sees it.(if someone keeps uploading too large an avatar you might recieve a little note asking you not to as if it gets to be a big issue we will disable all avatars until we have added in a way to constrain their dimensions) so it is possible it was removed if it was too large (but as I haven't seen your avatar I couldn't comment). I did check your profile and there is no avatar associated with it. Adjust it to 80x80 pixels and try again and it should be fine.

And as the number of large avatars seems to be increasing we will be removing avatars which are obviously over 80x80 pixels when we see them so resize them or lose them.

Back