Aviation & Airport Ghosts

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I just stumbled across another that looks interesting.

Aviation Ghosts: Stories of Paranormal Activity Along Line SSE 165 Degrees by Kevin Desmond (Leo Cooper: 1998).​

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to precisely where that line lie and how he has managed a book's worth of material with that amount of specificity.

titch

Justified & Ancient
I just stumbled across another that looks interesting.

Aviation Ghosts: Stories of Paranormal Activity Along Line SSE 165 Degrees by Kevin Desmond (Leo Cooper: 1998).​

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to precisely where that line lie and how he has managed a book's worth of material with that amount of specificity.
Ooo I read that book years and years ago, in my younger years I really enjoyed it, I cannot remember any details sadly and I suspect my present day self would not be impressed.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Has there been a reference in this thread to the excellent Frederick Forsyth novella The Shepherd? (Spoilers at link).

Forsyth himself is an ex-RAF pilot, and the book bears the hallmarks of his experiences.

Synopsis:

“The Shepherd relates the story of a De Havilland Vampire pilot, going home on Christmas Eve 1957, whose aircraft suffers a complete electrical failure en route from RAF Celle in northern Germany to RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk. Lost in fog and low on fuel, he is met and led (or shepherded) to a disused RAF dispersal field by the pilot of a De Havilland Mosquito fighter-bomber of World War II vintage, who has apparently been sent up to guide him in.”

It’s been years since l read it, but l remember enjoying it greatly.

maximus otter