• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Three related threads merged into this one.

'Board God' rynner!

Excellent! Aeroplanes and ghosties together! Splendid! 'Bout time, too, what?

Some boooks on the subject

There are books on Aviation Ghosts by a Author called

Bruce Barrymore Halpenny
The Books are called Ghost Stations there are 8 in total

Publisher is Casdec based the North East

Plenty of stories about Spirits that haunt old airfields

Skipton On Swale

THe facts are that Skipton On Swale has a airfield on the outskirts of the village. It was a Bomber Airfield. Canadians flew from there in their Halifax aircraft. All that's left today is Bomb Dumps, Some macrete buildings and the control tower that sits in the middle of a plowed field.

The Spitfire that was seen has no link to the Airfield. And their is no record of a crash Spitfire nearby.

Bump! Two more ghost aircraft threads merged into this one. Go to page 1 to see where some of the posts are now.

Not strictly 'Ghosts', but I thought this piece on Gremlins would be of interest here [from Michael Quinion's World Wide Words newsletter]:

Weird Words: Gremlin
-------------------------------------------------------------------
An imaginary mischievous sprite.

Not just any sprite, but one that you feel must be responsible for
that unexplained fault you have just experienced with some device,
especially a mechanical or electronic one. If the car won't start,
or the computer is acting up, one may blame gremlins.

The word looks so much like the name of some immemorial archetypal
being that it comes as a surprise to discover that it is not known
before the early years of the last century and was in its heyday
among RAF pilots in World War Two. By 1942, news of their coming
had reached "Newsday" in the USA, which described them, one hopes
tongue in cheek, as "exasperating pixies, often clad in caps,
ruffled collars, tight breeches and spats, who delight in raising
hell in Allied planes". Gremlins, another report says, were "fond
of drinking petrol, distracting the pilot, interfering with radio
communications, and even causing the pattern of stars to distort,
thereby making accurate navigation impossible".

Roald Dahl's first children's book, published in 1943, was called
"The Gremlins: A Royal Air Force Story" and he did claim to have
invented the name. However, there is a lot of evidence that it was
around earlier. Some trace it back to the Royal Flying Corps in
World War One, others to RAF operations in India and the Middle
East in the 1920s. In those days, the most common beer available in
the mess was brewed by Fremlin; it is plausibly said that the name
comes from a blend of this name with "goblin", so a gremlin was a
creature that was first viewed, you might say, through the bottom
of a bottle. It explains a lot, especially those spats.

phamton airmen

isnt boudicca buried underneath platform 9 c/o waterloo station?

Not totally related to a runway as such, but my Father was in The R.A.F. and for a period in the late 80's we were based at Laarbruch in Germany. I was told two reportedly true ghost stories about the camp. The first and most detailed is this. Some background - During the 2nd world war the site was a holding post for soliders on their way to the front in France etc. For those not familiar with the layout of military bases the guardroom is positioned at the main entrance to the site. It seems that several people reported, that whilst travelling down a stretch of road that ran from the main gate, pretty much in a straight line for the entrance for around about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile if not longer, that they were stopped by a young man, who then asked for directions to the guard room, when told where is was apparently looked slightly puzzled and mentioned that he thought it was in a different location but he would check, he then is reputed to have dissappeared. It transpires that the location that the man/ghost was referring to was the location of the guard room during the time that the camp was a WW2 base.
The other area that was reputedly haunted, and I can vouch for its unsettling nature myself was on the other side of the base.
The Siegfried Line (or so I was told us to run through the area - It may have just been a remnant of it past use) use to run through the area and part of the defensive system was left on the camp. The mound was clearly old as it had trees of some size growing on it. Anyway the story has it that no guard dog would go near the area and as such neither would the security patrols.
I was told that the entrances had been sealed up straight after it was captured and not been opened since.

GHOST PLANE:
CASTLE - History’s hulking metal shells draw crowds of thousands each year at Castle Air Museum, triggering the imagination of visitors wondering whose faces once stared out from the cockpits of the old warbirds.

For most, their daydreams are nothing more than flights of fancy, no pun intended.

But a few believers in the paranormal think a face is still staring from the cockpit of a B-29 Superfortress called “Raz’n Hell,” an aircraft made up of parts of three B-29s gathered at the Naval Weapons Center in China Lake in 1980.

“I’d like to think of myself as an open-minded person and I know there are a lot of things we can’t explain,” said Tom Cavallero, former crew chief of the plane. “There are a lot of interesting planes here and this one has its celebrity in the fact that it’s haunted.”

Soon after “Raz’n Hell” was pieced together, workmen and museum officials began relating stories about spooky happenings in and around the old plane.

And whether or not you’re a believer, word about the plane has made it famous.

“People have actually stopped and asked if this is the haunted plane, so the story is out there,” Cavallero said.

Karen Machen, executive assistant at the museum, said a man working to restore the aircraft got a little spooked after asking his friend to hand him a wrench.

“He thought his partner handed him the wrench, but he was somewhere else, smoking a cigarette,” Machen said.

The man Machen thinks may have handed the wrench to the workman is “Arthur,” a ghost whose name was said to have been spelled out one night long ago during a session on a Ouija board.

Another story goes that passers-by who thought that the crew was trying to restore the plane’s electrical system drove by late at night and saw that all the lights were on, Machen said.

The next day, those passers-by congratulated the crew, only to be informed that the electrical system had not yet been restored.

Machen said she even captured a wavery image of Arthur while photographing the planes.

“I don’t think he’s causing any harm to anybody,” she said. “He’s just not at peace yet. He’s not ready to rest.”

Some other believers turned up for a ghost hunt at Castle earlier this month, when members of Ghost Trackers, an organization dedicated to “the research and investigation of ghostly activity,” and members of the Central California Paranormal Investigators joined forces.

And while the team walked Castle’s grounds beneath a full moon from about 6 p.m. to 2 a.m., the ghostliest hours were between 10 p.m. and the early morning hours.

“The theory is that the veil between the earth plain and the other world is thin during a full moon, and during those hours,” said Jackie Meador of CCPI.

Meador and her husband, Mark, used videotape in an attempt to catch footage of potential ghostly energy, while Gloria Young and Jim Carter of Ghost Trackers used a Geiger counter and an electromagnetic field detector to record any unseen traffic.

“We saw at least one entity that we believe might be something,” Mark Meador said. “We saw something unexplainable.”

That unexplainable something showed up on videotape that recorded and reportedly captured the images of a “sprit” that cannot be seen by the naked eye, Meador said.

“Basically, what we’re looking for is a manifestation of spirit energy,” Jackie Meador said.

That energy, she added, usually shows up in the form of orbs or lights.

And Meador believes that “Arthur” sticks around because he likes the digs.

“I think that’s where he’s comfortable,” she said. “It’s probably where he’s happiest.”

Meador said that the crew of Ghost Trackers picked up readings on their Geiger counter inside the cockpit of the plane, in which the other crew videotaped for hours.

“Raz’n Hell” was a bomber during World War II, when it carried 20,000 pounds of bombs into battle, Cavallero said.

“There’s no way we can know every battle these planes were in,” he said. “Not just this plane, but all the planes out here have stories both heroic and tragic.”
Pics on page.

FT142 has an article on Ghost aircraft by Roy Bainton that starts with a quote from Squadron leader David Beaty 'Time- it is in the Air that lie hidden the clues to time.. Within Time lie such mysteries as Fate , Clairvoyance, luck, time warps , apparitions...'

The article concludes with an account from Air Vice Marshall Sir Victor Goddard. In the early 1930's he made a trip over Scotland in an air craft with no radio, or cloud flying instruments and an open cockpit.

He was lost in bad turbulence and dangerously low cloud. When he emergedhe found Drem aerodrome, but he was dangerously low and had too pull up sharply. At Drem he noticed that all the Biplanes were yellow , with the mechanics in blue overalls. Also no one paid any attention to him passing low overhead.

In fact he had been at Drem recently, and the planes were aluminium and the overalls brown. It would be another 4 years before Drem Airfield became a flying school with that livery he had seen.

rynner said:
I know nothing about airport ghosts, but I was born in Middlesex and lived in Hounslow until I was 8, so I did a websearch on Hounslow Heath, which was the site of what (in those postwar years) became Heathrow Airport. I was surprised how much history the place has.

There has been flying from there since 1919 or earlier, but before that it was a haunt of highwaymen, including Dick Turpin. For hundreds of years there were also gunpowder factories along the nearby River Crane, and Oliver Cromwell infested the area too. Of especial interest to me, the first baseline for the Ordnance Survey mapping of Britain was laid out on the heath.

Maps: Power, Plunder and Possession - 1. Windows on the World

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... the_World/

About 43 m in.

Are there many WWII airfields still in existence? I have one of the Ghost Stations books didn't know there were eight.

To join the RAF you need to answer three questions-
1. What do you breathe?
2. What do you have on your head?
3. Where does a rat live?

Put the three answers together- air hair lair. 'Air hair lair, you're in."

I'll get my coat. :oops:

Spudrick68 said:
Are there many WWII airfields still in existence? I have one of the Ghost Stations books didn't know there were eight.

Absolutely loads - they aren't necessarily used for aviation though. They can be v spooky places.

My mum once heard bagpipes near the crossroads at RAF Manby but it wasn't until I read the story in one of the Ghost Stations books that she put 2+2 together. Yes, a ghost of a bagpiping airman.

I thoroughly recommend the Ghost Station books. Although they are written with very strange punctuation they aren't half scary - or at least I thought they were in the 80s when I read them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Stations

I haven't read anything very Fortean beyond these boards for quite a while and I noticed that the title below is being reprinted in September of this year. The author is a British pilot from Bomber Command and served in the second world war - he died a few years ago now. I've read one of a trilogy of books he has written on his service during the Second World War and it was fantastic in tone and content, which gives me great hopes of this one:

Currie, Jack. Echoes in the Air: A Chronicle of Aeronautical Ghost Stories.
ISBN: 9780859791632
Binding: Paperback
Dimentions: 234mm x 156mm
Pages: 288
Photos/Illus: b&w photographs and illustrations throughout [Apparently highly atmospheric according to reviews of the previous edition]

Time for some light summer reading? Need a book to take to the beach? Echoes in the Air, the last book by the late Squadron Leader Jack Currie, fits the ticket.

These are all stories of ghosts and ghostly events, most of them stories of young airmen killed during the Second World War and whose spirits -- so it would seem -- were not able to find rest.

...[these] are the ghosts of men or women whose lives ended suddenly, untimely and violently, with their hopes and dreams remaining unfulfilled...and these are the ghosts that continue to appear, however intermittently, usually near the places where they died....

Currie intends this as "a serious exploration of the subject" and his book is delightfully devoid of ghouls and goblins and demons. These are simply stories of what people, many people, report having mysteriously seen and heard-- visions that can only be described as ghostlike.

There is "Lindholme Willie", also known as "Pete the Pole", who died when his Wellington crashed into a bog; his specter was spotted regularly around his airbase for years afterward until his body was finally recovered and buried. There is the crew who abort a landing because they suddenly see a suburban neighborhood where their airfield had been only a moment before; and the residents of a suburban neighborhood who, almost forty years later, suddenly hear the bomber about to land. There is Sergeant Sinclair who died waving his arms on a runway in 1944 and could be seen, a pale figure in the distance, still waving his arms there for years afterward. There is the haunting of his old squadron commander by the ghost of a pilot forced to fly the fatal mission he did not want to make. There are icy fingers and sudden apparitions and unexplained coincidences and many more mysterious visitations.

Supernatural or not, these stories will make you lift your head, look around, and think a bit.

http://stonebooks.com/archives/980802.shtml

UK Publisher:
http://www.crecy.co.uk/echoes-in-the-air
US Publisher:
http://www.specialtypress.com/echoes-in-the-air-a-chronicle-of-aeronautical-ghost-stories.html

Of course, it may turn up cheaper at Amazon or elsewhere.
Previous edition here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Echoes-Air-...=1434214325&sr=1-1&keywords=echoes+in+the+air

Phantom Pilot

This is a bit of a FOAF tale. I used to hear stories (mid 1980s) of a phantom pilot that was staking the site of ICI Chemical Works in Grangemouth, Stirlingshire.

The workers at the chemical plant would from time to time see someone in WW2 Pilots gear - flying jacket and helmet were mentioned - in the more remote parts of the site either walking around a corner and vanishing or simply seen standing about one second and gone the next.

As the legend goes he believed to be a Polish pilot who crashed when the site was RAF Grangemouth.

From 1940-1944 RAF Grangemouth, formerly the Central Scotland Airport, was home to 58 Squadron Operation Training Unit (later renamed No 2 Tactical Exercise Unit) who taught pilots how to fly Supermarine Spitfires.

These days even the chemical works is a shadow of it's former self, but to commorate it's prior history a replica spitfire "gate guardian" has been erected near the roundabout that used to be the main entrance to the airfield.

No word on whether the spectral airman is still "on patrol" though.

Update: Here is a link with info on RAF Grangemouth

Last edited by a moderator:

To join the RAF you need to answer three questions-
1. What do you breathe?
2. What do you have on your head?
3. Where does a rat live?

Put the three answers together- air hair lair. 'Air hair lair, you're in."

I'll get my coat. :oops:
I thought that was the Sandhurst entrance exam :)

I have the highly enjoyable Ghosts of the Air by Martin Caidin.

Also The Ghost of Flight 401, which is pretty darned spooky too. The same author wrote another book about a deceased airship crew popping back via seances to advise later aviators.

I live in N.E. England, Durham Tees Valley Airport is Haunted. Used as an RAF Base during Second World War. sightings & stories go as follows-
  • A Pilot coming back from a `sortie` had dodged german planes & had taken a hit, but manged to get back to base, however he had a problem with `landing gear` apparently over shot the runway & died on impact. Apparently his ghost has been seen on many occasions & has been seen to walk near the area the plane crashed / he passed away & his ghost is said to `fade away` as it walks near the spot.
  • Another plane crashed into the Base / Canteen (which is now a Hotel) & dislodged the side of the wall, the pilot initially got out of the plane, however the fellow was very unlucky when part of the building collapsed & he died as a result of being struck by this.
  • There is a room in the hotel (not sure if its the same room the plane struck) which has had reports of coldness, sightings, knockings on the door (& no one there) & the feeling of being watched.
  • Apparently records show these incidents to be true & apparently not long after the deaths, fellow pilots saw these dead comrades on numerous occasions & tried to speak to them at which theyd `dissappear`
  • Thornaby, a town a few miles from Middlesbrough & was an RAF Base during the war has ghosts of Pilots at the old snooker hall, burglar alarms going off at all hours, footsteps & even snooker games & `banter` going on even when theirs no one around.
  • Also a number of years ago in the local press (& books) a young woman had her photo taken on her wedding day outside the house with her father. When the photo was developed (this is the late 80s - early 90s) theres a figure of woman in the window, who looks / dressed from the the 1940s!!!! A friend of a friend who knows the lady who got married had said that the house was lovely , nothing spooky about it, however their dog always used to bark at a certain corner of the room, for no reason at all.

I live in N.E. England, Durham Tees Valley Airport is Haunted. Used as an RAF Base during Second World War. sightings & stories go as follows

[...]
  • Thornaby, a town a few miles from Middlesbrough & was an RAF Base during the war has ghosts of Pilots at the old snooker hall, burglar alarms going off at all hours, footsteps & even snooker games & `banter` going on even when theirs no one around.

No time to dig further at present, but the former was known as RAF Middleton St. George and was occupied by bomber command, specifically No. 419 Squadron RCAF - Canadians flying Wellington, Halifax and Lancaster Bombers successively. They arrived - I think - some time in late '43, and flew a lot of missions - especially during the D-Day period.

As a result of its wartime record, 419 Squadron became one of the most decorated units under the RCAF during the war. Over a span of roughly three-and-a-quarter years it logged 400 operational missions (342 bombing missions, 53 mining excursions, 3 leaflet raids and 1 "spoof") involving 4,325 sorties. One hundred and twenty nine aircraft were lost on these operations.

Personnel of No. 419 (Moose) Squadron, RCAF, with an Avro Lancaster B.X aircraft, Middleton St. George, England, 1944
Between January 1943 to March 1944, 419 Squadron was involved in over 200 sorties involving 2400 crewing operations losing 59 aircraft, a rate of one in every 40. 415 men were either killed or taken POW during those 15 months, averaging 4 crews a month. The average crew survival rate was between 2 and 3 months when about 20 missions would be flown. In general mining operations were relatively safer missions. In particular the attacks on German cities intensified from early October when more than 100 crews were regularly dispatched to bomb Frankfurt, Mannheim, Berlin, Magdeburg, Leipzig and Nuremberg. During March 1944 there was much mining as described earlier, but this was the precursor to 6 Group's 118-crew attack on Nuremberg at the end of the month when it was to suffer its worst lost of thirteen aircraft in a single sortie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_Tactical_Fighter_Training_Squadron

The latter base, at Thornaby, was - funnily enough - RAF Thornaby and was under Costal Command.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Thornaby#Second_World_War

Very long story here:

THE TEESSIDE GHOST
by Barney Concannon

Since November 1969 when British Midland started to operate the Teesside-London service, there has been a requirement to night-stop crews at Teesside. The nearest and most convenient hotel accommodation, no more than 150 yards from the terminal building, was the St.George Hotel. Very soon this hotel previously the Officers' Mess of R.A.F. Middleton St. George became a home-from-home for many British Midland crews.

Over the years both Flight Deck and Cabin crews have enjoyed many a convivial evening - after the day's work was done, of course - in the salubrious confines of the hotel bar and the not so salubrious west wing. The decoration and quality of the fittings of those freezing rooms at the far end of the West wing were, in those early days, not of the best. The so-called central heating often failed to supply any heat at all, and it became a regular occurrence to request an electric convector heater from reception. Sometimes even the addition of these failed to take away the chill, and extra blankets were needed. The excuse from the management was that those particular rooms were at the 'end' of the central heating system. Perhaps that also accounted for the rusty brown appearance of the water when we ran a bath or tried to clean our teeth! And what about those black bits of God-knows-what floating in the water?

The lack of telephones in the rooms meant that Cyril, the night porter, was entrusted with the task of awakening the early crew. This he did with a personal call, together with that almost forgotten English custom - the morning cup of tea. The friendliness of the hotel staff, from the manager down, far outweighed the minor inconveniences and the St. George soon became one of Midland's most popular night-stops. Friendly relations were quickly established with the local users of the bar facilities, including a large proportion of the airport staff, who would call in for a drink or two, or sometimes more, on their way home. An old piano in the corner of the room would frequently tinkle out a medley of old tunes into the early hours, accompanied by a raucous chorus of the more serious drinkers. It mattered not if you didn't know the words - Cyril would supply a song-sheet! One could say that a good time was had by all - well, nearly all. There was always 'The ghost'!

We soon began to hear stories of a ghostly figure, dressed in lightweight flying overalls, who was reputed to have been seen wandering the corridors of the cold west wing. Occasionally, usually in the early hours, he would visit guests in their rooms. This phantom, apparition, call him what you will, was supposedly the ghost of an RAF pilot whose aircraft had crashed into the then Officers' Mess in the early 50s. Of course, everyone loves to hear a good ghost story, and no doubt the stories floating about the bar have been more than a little embellished with the passage of time. But the stories still continue and the visitations have not ceased. My last recorded incident happened in mid 1988. 1 shall not entertain you with the stories. My aim is to give you the facts as reported to me by the persons involved and the official data concerning the accident itself. You must judge for yourself.

http://www.freewebs.com/barne/articles.htm

As above, ive put info from memory.....ive read quite a bit on these Airport Ghosts...........

also Heathrow apparently has the ghost of Dick Turpin, riding across the tarmac.........

I've read in some book on local history, there is a WW2 plane (American crew, I think but I forget the type of plane) upside down in the river Ouse, not far from York, to this day. It was impossible to recover. My uncle found a propeller in a field and you can still see the crater in a field in my village where a plane crash landed (with no-one killed, apparently, just a couple of cows!) Apparently the wounded plane skimmed the entire village's rooftops, and knocked off a few chimneys...

We are also near Skipwith Common which still has traces of the WW2 airfield, and there are surviving RAF nissan huts etc in the fields all round. We always say it's the last place we'd want the car to break down, at night.

Have never seen anything but I certainly don't linger around there after dark! My mother's fiance was a Polish airman who was killed in the War. I think I have a photo of him. If he'd lived, I would never have existed!

On a slightly similar note, about 20 years ago an old lady told me and a friend about her fiancée who was a pilot in world war 2 and was shot down and killed on a bombing raid over Germany. Apparently, on the night he was killed she had a very vivid dream in which he was stood at the end of her bed in his pilots uniform. She sat up in bed and called out his name at which point he held out his hand to her. As he did so his face began to melt and he let out an inaudible scream before she woke with a start. A day or two later she heard the news that his plane had gone down and he was officially missing in action.

Farnborough airport (ICAO: EGLF) - known as the home of British aviation and, of course, the world-famous Air Accident Investigation centre, not surprisingly has a creepy tale or two surrounding it. One of the old research and development buildings is reportedly haunted by phantom footsteps and an apparition of a figure dressed in brown and wearing a large hat.

One of the old research and development buildings is reportedly haunted by phantom footsteps and an apparition of a figure dressed in brown and wearing a large hat.
Sounds like...your avatar...

10 August 2015
What's the truth behind the mysterious 'ghost plane' of Derbyshire?
'The plane was so low that you could touch it - but it was completely silent'
Michael Moran

Multiple witnesses spotted a World War Two era bomber flying low over the Derbyshire hills last week.
But there are no reports of an air display or scheduled flypast that could account for it.

The first account of the ‘ghost plane’ came from Helen Jepson, who spotted it while driving with her husband Richard last Monday afternoon.
Richard told the Derby Telegraph: "We were approaching a retail outlet and started slowing down to turn.
"My wife saw it first, she shouted 'what the hell’s that?'.
"I looked over and I could see a big plane, it looked like a Lancaster bomber, flying incredibly low - if it was any lower, it would have landed."
"My car window was open and this plane was so low that you could touch it - but it was completely silent.
"It then flew across us, and near some trees - Helen shouted 'it’s going to crash', we sort of braced ourselves for a crash but nothing happened."
The couple arrived back at home to look online to see if anybody else had seen it.
Richard said: "When we got in and turned on our television, the news was on saying that the last surviving Dambuster pilot had died – I said to Helen 'perhaps it was an enthusiast paying their respects', and Helen said 'perhaps it was him'.
"It just left me speechless."

The phantom bomber was spotted by other witnesses too. George Furnace, an 88-year-old former RAF ground crew engineer, said: "I heard it coming before I saw it. It was deafeningly loud but seemingly nobody else saw or heard it. It was flying very low and I went to my window to see if it had crashed.
"I don't think it was a Lancaster, I know what they look like. I think it appeared to be more like a Liberator."
The Liberator was an American-made heavy bomber with four engines. There is a B24 Liberator still in the UK at the museum at RAF Hendon. Two B-24s are currently listed as airworthy but they’re both currently in the US.
George said: "Nobody believed me when I said that I had seen it but, after that couple came forward, my daughter showed me the report and I said to her that she had to believe me now!"

And golfer Richard Burley, 64, from Mickleover, also rang the Derby Telegraph offices to explain how he had seen the plane's low flight across the county.
Richard was travelling along the A52 from Buxton to Derby when he saw the plane travelling south-west across the sky, just before Brailsford, between 3pm and 3.30pm.
He said: "It was flying very, very low but there are quite a lot of trees at the point, so I couldn't get a very good look at it.
"It was definitely not a Lancaster, it was much smaller than that, but I couldn't be sure.
"It had (camouflage) colouring and an antenna at the front. I couldn't believe that nobody else had seen it!"

http://quirker.co.uk/story/what-is-the-truth-behind-the-mysterious-ghost-plane-of-derbyshire

EDIT: These sightings seem to have been made on Monday 3rd August - anyone in that part of the world with more info?

That's an excellent article, James. Lots of Dambuster connections too. Perhaps more researchers should investigate Derbyshire - it could prove more interesting than photos of orbs, or things that go bump in the night! ;)

The mention of a ghost Dakota was also weirdly timely, as today maybe half the nation saw (live, or on TV) a Dakota flying over London as part of the VJ Day commemorations:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33936830 [with video]

You don't see them that often nowadays - probably many people have never seen one before.

Last edited:
This linked article says the mystery is solved!

Also in the comments section of the original article, Dr. Clarke says he has seen the plane himself and also identified it as a Hercules.

I'm sure there is another article out there in which witnesses report planes with the cockpit lights on seen at very close quarters. Again, I think, from the Yorkshire-Derbyshire window-area! :)

Back