• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Avoid Edinburgh

Gordon, Arn't you from Edingburgh ?

HAARP has been blamed for altering the weather patterns, possibly with some justification, but I hadn't heard of it being used to alter minds.

Any device used to warm up the upper atmosphere will probably have some effect on the weather. But to what extent ?

HAARP has been blamed for altering the weather patterns, possibly with some justification, but I hadn't heard of it being used to alter minds.

Any device used to warm up the upper atmosphere will probably have some effect on the weather. But to what extent ?
I guess it could just be collateral damage rather than an intended effect. I wonder if a bat detector would pick anything up?

Ingo Swan (?) did a good sci-fi story on something similar. Can't remember the title.

I guess it could just be collateral damage rather than an intended effect. I wonder if a bat detector would pick anything up?

Bats ? Seriously though. It may be worth asking the local bay protection people if they could help out with that idea.

Remember the old song 'I took my HAARP to a party'.

Was this rioting any worst than the standard football madness we are used to seeing ?

Go for it Gordon, before the humm erases your brain patterns.

Go for it Gordon, before the humm erases your brain patterns.
Just checked, the bat detector is on its travels so not available to me. I do have some recorders which may have a high frequency response so I may be able to record and down shift. Will look into it, will have to hurry before I start drooling too much.

But I do have stuff set up to record up to 40 kHz so i shall try some recordings and see what happens.

Let us know what happens.

Have you recorded bats this way ?

Rather stupidly I have never tried. There are several species which should be within the range and at least one of them occurs here, just not so active in the current weather!

This is odd.
The above text is from my last post, already sent, and is still in the text entry box.

Ok just done a quick test indoors. It is def picking something up and on playback there is pretty much nothing to hear but the built in speaker is crap. I will investigate more fully tomorrow.

This is odd.
The above text is from my last post, already sent, and is still in the text entry box.
Mines done that before, sort of a ghostly image of it. Could it be acting as a draft??

HAARP has been blamed for altering the weather patterns, possibly with some justification, but I hadn't heard of it being used to alter minds. Any device used to warm up the upper atmosphere will probably have some effect on the weather. But to what extent ?
Yeah, HAARP gets blamed for plenty, but it all sounds a bit too much like Climate Change Denial to me.

Yeah, HAARP gets blamed for plenty, but it all sounds a bit too much like Climate Change Denial to me.

It was a very popular conspiracy theory not long ago.

The logic is pretty sound. Heat up the air and you change the weather. That is why the problems occur when the oceans heat up.

The conspiracy was weather it was being done deliberately or not.

Back