• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

B-Movie Queen Julie Strain Ailing

MrRING

Android Futureman
I think this is a sad state of affairs (and somewhat Fortean in how it came about). In her 20's, Julie suffered a MAJOR INJURY that I hadn't heard of before:
A near-fatal accident occurred, changing Julie’s life forever. As she was enjoying a ride on her horse Scamp, a pony left without supervision attacked without reason. Julie fell on her head as Scamp tried to jump over a station-wagon, breaking one arm and badly scratching her back. When she came to her senses in the hospital, she didn’t recognize any of her family members, nor any close friends. She couldn’t even read, as she learned her alphabet once again in its entirety. All this would take two long years, as with becoming physically mobile once again. The mad pony’s owner was successfully sued and paid a big price. With the money, Julie traveled for nearly a year, as this unfortunate misadventure made her a more daring individual.
Apparently, this injury has now progressed into dementia.

LINK 1

Julie’s care at home has become more intensive due to complications of dementia, and she is entering final stage.

Currently, She is in the hospital and is due to return home this week. Her condition continues to worsen, and once again I am letting you know that her time here on Earth is limited.

She will return home, hopefully this week, on Hospice care once again. I don’t believe she will be removed from Hospice going forward.

All my time is devoted to Julie’s care safety. I will update you in several days.

Please be respectful to Julie on Facebook and please understand that her life is ending.

LINK 2

This is from Dave.
I have read various posts and want to clear up some confusion or speculation about Julie’s health. Please know that dementia is an unpredictable disease. I knew very little about this illness until Julie was struck down by it. There are times when her condition has scared me to death. Other times I am hopeful. Your comments in Facebook have raised her spirits and I am so thankful for that.

As with any disease we are to some degree helpless. The fact that we have the disease cannot be changed. How we deal with it is something we do have some control over (emotions are hard to control). And how we deal with the disease is a great deal related to the people that support us. You, Julie’s friends and loved ones, are absolutely the best.

Julie continues to be funny and entertaining at times. Other times she is in complete confusion and requires medicine. There are behavioral patterns, but they are not fixed patterns. My job is to keep Julie happy and comfortable and seek out any way possible to help her. Brain injuries are NOT good, and we are learning more about their impact as we read of athletes experiencing mental problems later in life: mostly football player and boxers specifically. If there was a cure to this disease, I’m sure Muhammad Ali and Ronald Reagan would have been with us much long to provided us with good advice on how to help one another.

For a long time, I struggled on how to communicate her health problem to her fans. Late, last Friday night, I began writing and knew it was time to communicate openly about Julie. Somehow we just know when the right time arrives. I was concerned that if I waited any longer, Julie could be gone and that would be disastrous to all of you. At that point, I asked myself, “what would Julie want me to do” if she was thinking straight. So, I entered her Facebook for the first time, and made the post.

I am brought to tears each each day as I watch this wonderful women be inflicted by this awful disease. I read everything on Julie’s Facebook to her, even this post. Each time I write and read, I must pause as tears fill my eyes and I can no longer speak. I am experiencing this as I write you this post this very moment. This disease is sometimes called “the long goodbye”; I understand that completely.
Once again, thank you for uplifting Julie,
Dave
So let me say here that my life was certainly made better due to her work in films like Andy Sidaris's Fit To Kill and Return to Savage Beach, to Jim Wynorski's Sorceress, and various other films over the years, and in interviews she appeared to be really nice. I don't think it sounds like recovery is possible, so I hope her final time here is spent as well as possible. (PS: I thought it might be of interest to the board so I'm quoting my own thread from another website!)

Back