• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Baader-Meinhof Brains Missing

A

Anonymous

BERLIN, Germany -- The brains of three members of the infamous Baader-Meinhof Gang of German urban guerrillas have disappeared, a laboratory said on Monday.

Andreas Baader, Gudrun Ensslin and Jan-Carl Raspe were members of the gang that waged a campaign of killings, bombings and kidnappings against the West German establishment in the 1970s.

After the three extreme leftists committed suicide in prison in 1977, their brains were taken to a university hospital in southern Tuebingen for autopsy, but the brains are no longer there and their whereabouts are unknown.

"When I took over the institute in 1990, the brains were not there, although they were still listed in our files," Richard Meyermann, head of the hospital's institute for brain research, told Reuters. He said it was unlikely they were stolen.

The announcement comes days after the daughter of gang co-leader Ulrike Meinhof discovered her mother's brain was being kept in a box in Magdeburg University in eastern Germany.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/11/19/offbeat.missing.brains.reut/index.html

sidecar_jon said:
" NOOO Igore i wanted a THEORIST'S brain"

lol Great minds think alike, Jon!
I had a picture in my head of Marty Feldman stealing the brain in Young Frankenstein.
Who's brain was it? Oh, someone called Abby something. Abby what? Abby normal. :D

Well spook one day we may find our heads in one jar like in Futurama...but more probably like in "The Man With Two Brains"

Was that the one with Ray Milland, where he had his head and a black man's head? lol

Spooky angel said:
Was that the one with Ray Milland, where he had his head and a black man's head? lol

i think...The Steve Martin film ...when he was funny...

I saw one with Lily Tomlin where she had Steve Martin's brain in her head as well as her own. What was that one called?

There was a quite good programme on BBC Four last night about the 'Angry Brigade' - who were probably the closest thing that Britain ever had to Baader - Meinhof. Similar in so much as both groups had no clear centre and were comprised of hippies and leftists - gone - bad. University terrorists with a tad of psuedo marxist and east Berlin sponsored politics. There were teachers at my school in England who were like that.

Ulrike Meinhof's brain was recently reported to show signs of neurological abnormalities which could have bought into question whether she was fit to stand trial. Some have speculated that such 'abnorbalities' may also have explained her crimes. Her brain is said to still be held at the University of Magdeburg, Germany.

The reporting of this story made people aware that the brains of dead terrorists had been stored for study. Interesting but not stupid. Now the other institutions which housed the brains are under pressure.

The news story relating to the other missing brains hinges on two issues:

1. Ulrike Meinhof's brain is said to show abnormalities as above. This study and its results have only recently been reported.
2. (and much more interesting and fortean) ... the West German authorities stored the brains of dead terrorists for study. If I had been in power I would have done the same. One would have needed to try to understand why people would have done what they did. It was nearly 30 years ago.

The fact that the brains of the other German terrorists are missing has come to light because it has now been reported that the dead terrorist brains were stored for study. The fact that the brains were stored for study has come to light because of what was found when Ulrike Meinhof's brain was studied. Now no other organisation wants to admit involvement. Best to say that the brains are now missing. Because this is now unpopular science.

Maybe I'm over repeating myself. But the bottom line here is that the brains were stored for study. That IS interesting.

Germany has a funny relationship with Baader - Meinhof because many who were close to the ideas and group (such as it was) are now in government. Others are decent parents, business leaders and role - models who would admit that what they once thought was barmy. Many in the Green and other leftist groupings were once close to the ideas (??) of Baader - Meinhof. There is a double agenda. Best thing would be if the other stored brains are 'missing'.

In trying to understand the Germans one has to realise that nearly 25-30 years ago when Baader - Meinhof operated, WW2 was only 25 years before that. The war - criminals were still alive and one had to ask what your mother and father had once thought in those times.

Germany's relationship with Baader - Meinhof is very similar to Labour's relationship with the IRA. With out doubt there exist Labour politicians who forged relationships with people who were then considered to be terrorists. Many in the British Labour party thought that the PIRA had a point (others, many more at first, even supported the old (official) IRA - which was marxist by the early 1970s). So did many of the people who now appear on TV as elder statesmen. John Wadham's 'Liberty' (for example) is said by some to have even housed IRA terrorists who were 'wanted' during the 1970s.

Personally I think that this stuff is ancient history. The only role of the once misguided youth should be to help us understand how f#*k*d - up people operate when they believe in stupid politics.

That the brains were stored is not surprising. Now it would certainly be best to find that the brains are missing. Because, politically, that chapter is now closed.

They're back! But this lot may lack brains as well.

A botched armed robbery in north Germany last June was the work of three wanted militants from the far-left Red Army Faction (RAF), police say.

The RAF, also called the Baader-Meinhof gang, killed more than 30 people in an anti-capitalist terror campaign in the 1970s and 80s.

In 1998 an RAF declaration said the "urban guerrilla project" had ended.

Shots were fired at an armoured security van near Bremen last June, but the militants could not open its doors.

The three fled the scene - a supermarket car park in Gross Mackenstedt - in a Ford Focus, having failed to grab the cash that was inside the van. The two security men inside were unhurt, German broadcaster NDR said.

Police have only now identified the robbers' DNA from fingerprints, naming the suspects as ex-RAF militants Ernst-Volker Staub, 58, Daniela Klette, aged 57, and Burkhard Garweg, whose age is unknown.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35351477?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 01.56.29.png

Source:
https://books.google.co.kr/books?id...L6YKHVshCk0Q6AEwBXoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=true

Back