• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Back Issue CD ROMs?

Bev

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all, I'm new here so please be gentle. *waves to everyone*.

Could anyone tell me if the back issue CD ROMs are still available to buy? I kept saying to myself 'must get those', then suddenly I couldn't find them anymore!

Many thanks for any help.

Bev x

A big hairy welcome to you Bev, and a regretful sorry that I cannot help you in your quest!

Attracting a Mod is probably the best bet! They know all sorts of things.

and WELCOME!!!!!

Hi Bev, welcome to the board- good to have you here, please get stuck in :)

Can't help with your question but sure someone can very soon :)

Welcome to the Boards, Bev!

The last I was aware, no, they are not available anymore. From what I recall, they weren't "official" CD's anyways.

I'll see if I can dig up that thread.

Hi again all, many thanks for the welcome. How should I attract a Mod? Do they like cookies? :glee:

Bev x

Could anyone tell me if the back issue CD ROMs are still available to buy? I kept saying to myself 'must get those', then suddenly I couldn't find them anymore!

Many thanks for any help.

Bev x

My situation is exactly the same. I wanted to get them, but put off, intending to save up a bit of money. But now I am looking about for them in vain. They sounded really good - all the issues, from the earliest times.

Hi again all, many thanks for the welcome. How should I attract a Mod? Do they like cookies? :glee:

Bev x

You just did it: Mercurycrest is a mod and has posted above. I don't know anything about the CDs, I'm afraid.

Sorry we can't be of more help.

I've been hunting for these discs for ages now, I seem to remember reports of them having a bug or something like that. I hope someone on the forum finds them, it was such a great idea to have all the old issues preserved as digital copies, so much forteana to be re-discovered!

I hope someone on the forum finds them, it was such a great idea to have all the old issues preserved as digital copies, so much forteana to be re-discovered!
Look, times change. Much of what was once considered Fortean has since been debunked or otherwise explained by new facts or ideas.

Rediscovering Old Forteana could just be recycling old rubbish! Especially if no new evidence has turned up to corroborate the old stories.

Let sleeping dogs lie, no point flogging a dead horse, etc... :twisted:

Rediscovering Old Forteana could just be recycling old rubbish! Especially if no new evidence has turned up to corroborate the old stories.

I thought you were grumbling that people didn't read the back history :p

The best thing about old FT's is the letter section though in my opinion, even going over issues from just a couple years back there's plenty of interesting letters that I'd forgotten about. Plus a few interesting full articles which at the time I sometimes forget to read. I think I know what you mean about the rest of the stuff though.

Back