• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Back Numbers For Sale

OK well thanks anyway, I hope you are able to find a buyer.

I think I know someone who is looking to get rid of some issues, not in mint condition by a long shot!
That`s interesting,I`m not too bothered about the condition as long as they`re readable.Please can you tell me more?

Hi Richyboyo,
I have copies of issues 58-371 available and they are all in excellent condition.
Looking for £1 per issue and will combine postage to get cheapest rate.
Please let me know what issues you are looking for.

That`s interesting,I`m not too bothered about the condition as long as they`re readable.Please can you tell me more?
Oops sorry didn’t see your reply u TIL today for some reason. I’ll ask him to contact you.

Hi Richyboyo,
I have copies of issues 58-371 available and they are all in excellent condition.
I am interested ,I`ll tell you here which issues I am interested in. Or if by any chance you are going to Weird Weekend North I am there on the Saturday April 6th I can pay you there and then?

Hi Richyboyo,
I live on the South Coast so won't be going to Weird Weekend North.
Once I know which issues you would like them I can confirm that I have them and let you know what postage will be as well.

Hi Richyboyo,
I am interested in issue numbers 174-185 inclusive if you could let me know that price please?

Hi Richyboyo,
I have sent you a Private Message with postal and payment details if you would like to review this.
Rob

Hi Richyboyo,
I have sent you a Private Message with postal and payment details if you would like to review this.
Rob
Thanks Rob, I am not at home right now but before 7pm today I will send you the amount of money via pay pal(£17 ish if I recall I will look again at your message) but I want to make absolutely sure I don`t already have the issues I asked for so there MIGHT be a SMALL alteration to exactly which issues I want. If so I will let you know here.

Hi Richyboyo
When you make your payment please also leave me your address so that I can post your magazines to you.
Postal rates are going up next Monday so I would like to get them posted in the next couple of days.
Rob

Best to leave your address on Private Conversation to stop anybody else seeing it !

Anyone got a copy of issue 29 I could take off your hands? I can swap for other early issues or we could use cash.

Yes indeed.
In that case, you might want to temporarily fill that hole with one of the old volumes collecting prior editions.
This is the one you are looking for:
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/products/isbn/9781870021203/

My personal library is an unholy mess of e-books and paper books. The quality of the latter ranges from reading copies to pristine. For some very scarce books, I was forced to buy books with bibliophile quality, but my priority is to get access to the content.

Regarding specifically your nearly complete collection of FT, I guess a little envy is healthy. I can't justify the hauling from UK for all issues, so I'm focusing on the Zinio e-book versions (I prefer those because they can be read on a standard web browser, and I do not use Windows here). When I complete these, I will purchase the paper only issues.

Oh, by the way, where can I find those elusive Fortean Times CDs? Why, if digital versions exist, are not they being sold? Why does Dennis Publishing hate money? This is truly the greatest Fortean mystery.

In that case, you might want to temporarily fill that hole with one of the old volumes collecting prior editions.
This is the one you are looking for:
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/products/isbn/9781870021203/

My personal library is an unholy mess of e-books and paper books. The quality of the latter ranges from reading copies to pristine. For some very scarce books, I was forced to buy books with bibliophile quality, but my priority is to get access to the content.

Regarding specifically your nearly complete collection of FT, I guess a little envy is healthy. I can't justify the hauling from UK for all issues, so I'm focusing on the Zinio e-book versions (I prefer those because they can be read on a standard web browser, and I do not use Windows here). When I complete these, I will purchase the paper only issues.

Oh, by the way, where can I find those elusive Fortean Times CDs? Why, if digital versions exist, are not they being sold? Why does Dennis Publishing hate money? This is truly the greatest Fortean mystery.
I already have the complication volume thanks.

Top of my head I think the CD’s predate Dennis, I think from JBP? By all accounts they were a bit crap, more JPEG’s than PDF’s - for example I think the ability to search in them was close to zero.

Pretty much most of my collection is excellent condition, there is a small run which appears to have a bit of damage but I cannot work out for the life of me how it occurred!

Pretty much most of my collection is excellent condition, there is a small run which appears to have a bit of damage but I cannot work out for the life of me how it occurred!
You can buy replacements later, or if you can get them cheap, but of course your priority must be issue 29. Some used book merchants provide a service to look for books. Find one of these, and place a request for the magazine. Usually, you can set a top price you are willing to pay for it. I am not going to link any because I am not from the UK. Contact your favorite used book dealer, and you may get pointers, or use a web search.

There is a side effect you should be aware, though: if you make this request, this will effectively set the price of the magazine to the top price you are willing to pay--even more because, if you're successful, what you were willing to pay will then be the price of the last transaction recorded.

I already have the complication volume thanks.

Top of my head I think the CD’s predate Dennis, I think from JBP? By all accounts they were a bit crap, more JPEG’s than PDF’s - for example I think the ability to search in them was close to zero.

I remember (i think) you used to be able to get back issues through the magazine, i take it you can't any more?

Anyone got a copy of issue 29 I could take off your hands? I can swap for other early issues or we could use cash.
There is a high chance that I have a copy Gordon.
It will require me moving a lot of stuff out of the way, including a few hundred later issues (I can 'eyeball' the front of issue 101 but not reach it, and there are a lot behind that), plus a few hundred issues of 'focus' magazine, and assorted other piles of magazines, and books, and before I even get to that I will need to remove some boxes of carefully stored junk from in front of the secondary storage area (I'm not a hoarder, it's all neat and tidy).
So let me know if you have found an issue elsewhere or if you would like me to start moving stuff.

There is a high chance that I have a copy Gordon.
It will require me moving a lot of stuff out of the way, including a few hundred later issues (I can 'eyeball' the front of issue 101 but not reach it, and there are a lot behind that), plus a few hundred issues of 'focus' magazine, and assorted other piles of magazines, and books, and before I even get to that I will need to remove some boxes of carefully stored junk from in front of the secondary storage area (I'm not a hoarder, it's all neat and tidy).
So let me know if you have found an issue elsewhere or if you would like me to start moving stuff.
Hi

That’s cool, thanks! I’ve not sourced one anywhere, but if you don’t want it I would be happy to come to an arrangement! It’s not something I need instantly kind of thing, so don’t put yourself out, I’ve got searches on eg eBay and abebooks which haven’t turned anything up yet.

Thanks Trevp666.

No worries - I've got a lot of time on my hands so I will give myself a tidy-up project this week.

Update;

I have started to sort out stuff.
Concentrating on getting all the FT issues out and catalogued first.
Unfortunately I do not have issue 29 @gordonrutter
These are the issues I do have though.
All issues from number 77 except for....
78, 99, 102

Or at least, that's all I had in that storage place. It is unlikely that I have any copies elsewhere, but there is a very slim possibility that those 3 missing issues are hiding in a pile of other magazines. I pretty certain that I have nothing older than issue 77 though.
And I wonder if Issue 77 (or maybe 78, but seeing as I don't have that issue I can't know) was the last of the ones to be printed on what feels and looks like recycled paper? All the subsequent issues I have are printed on what I would term 'glossy' paper.

Anyways, next will be a large collection of 'Focus' magazines. I think I have every one from the first edition up until I had an issue with the direct debits in my bank account about 5 years ago and the subscription stopped and I never restarted it cos it was getting a bit crap anyway.

I have also found some 'Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers', some 'Big Bang - Tale of Russell', quite a few 'viz', a few 2000AD, and some Ladybird Books.

Update;

I have started to sort out stuff.
Concentrating on getting all the FT issues out and catalogued first.
Unfortunately I do not have issue 29 @gordonrutter
These are the issues I do have though.
All issues from number 77 except for....
78, 99, 102

Or at least, that's all I had in that storage place. It is unlikely that I have any copies elsewhere, but there is a very slim possibility that those 3 missing issues are hiding in a pile of other magazines. I pretty certain that I have nothing older than issue 77 though.
And I wonder if Issue 77 (or maybe 78, but seeing as I don't have that issue I can't know) was the last of the ones to be printed on what feels and looks like recycled paper? All the subsequent issues I have are printed on what I would term 'glossy' paper.

Anyways, next will be a large collection of 'Focus' magazines. I think I have every one from the first edition up until I had an issue with the direct debits in my bank account about 5 years ago and the subscription stopped and I never restarted it cos it was getting a bit crap anyway.

I have also found some 'Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers', some 'Big Bang - Tale of Russell', quite a few 'viz', a few 2000AD, and some Ladybird Books.
Thanks for looking Trevp666. I appreciate it.
The search goes on!

Back