• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Back to Sumatra

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
I'm off to Sumatra in search of orang-pendek again today.
I'll let you know what i turn up.
Bugger, 16 days of eating boiled rice.!

lordmongrove said:
I'm off to Sumatra in search of orang-pendek again today.
I'll let you know what i turn up.
Bugger, 16 days of eating boiled rice.!

Hope they don't bugger you and eat your boiled rice.

Have fun.

Best of luck! Hope some cool new creatures get discovered.

Back again with a legion of leech and mosquito bites.
Found more hair samples than ever before. There are now winging there way to Lars Thomas at Copenhagen University. Also found more tracks than ever before including amazingly clear ones near a rotten log that were not those of any known ape. Heard three vocalizations and inverviwed many witnesses. Also uncovered an account of a 12 meter python captured near Andalas University during a snake survey.
A full write up will be underway soon.

lordmongrove said:
Back again with a legion of leech and mosquito bites.
Found more hair samples than ever before. There are now winging there way to Lars Thomas at Copenhagen University. Also found more tracks than ever before including amazingly clear ones near a rotten log that were not those of any known ape. Hard three vocalizations and inverviwed many witnesses. Also uncovered an account of a 12 meter python captured near Andalas University during a snake survey.
A full write up will be underway soon.

Please include any photos, that would be great. 8)

Sounds like a useful trip! Re the vocalisations - similar to purported sasquatch ones? Howls or grunts or chatter?

Nothing like supposed sasquatch calls. The ones i heard this tome were a sort of ho...ho...ho...ho. In the past i've heard a uhhh...uhhh. UHHHHH!
I've worked with all the primates found in the area and none of them make that noise. The local people say only orang-pendek makes these sounds.

Back