• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bad Hair Day

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Haircut mockery prompted schoolboy to stab mom

YOKOHAMA -- A schoolboy arrested for stabbing his mother and setting fire to their home carried out the attack after his mother ridiculed his haircut, it has been learned.

The 17-year-old high school student, whose name has been withheld because he is a minor, reportedly told police that he became infuriated and stabbed his mother when she mocked him for cutting his hair that he had grown long.

The Yokohama District Public Prosecutors Office sent the boy to the Yokohama Family Court on Friday for attempted murder and arson.

Investigators said the youth had grown his hair down to about his hips, and tied it up at the back, but his parents had told him to look for a part-time job, and a day before the incident his mother said to him, "You'll need to cut your hair if you're going to do a part-time job."

In response, the 17-year-old cut his hair himself, but his mother ridiculed him over the haircut, causing him to become enraged, police said. He subsequently picked up a knife and stabbed her, they said.

When police questioned the youth over why he set his home on fire as well, he was quoted as saying that he "became upset and did it."

The youth is accused of stabbing his mother on the evening of Nov. 13, then setting fire to clothes in the home after his mother went out, razing the structure. After lighting the fire he allegedly locked the door and escaped from the veranda. (Compiled from Mainichi and wire reports, Japan, Dec. 6, 2003)

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20031206p2a00m0dm005001c.html

Here's an incident that could have caused a really bad hair day - a new hair dryer that doubles as a handheld flamethrower ... :cfire: :nails:

FlamingHairDryer.jpg

Woman says hair dryer 'became a blowtorch on its first use'
A South Carolina woman shared video of hair dryer that "became a blowtorch on its first use" after she purchased it from a third-party Amazon seller.

Erika Augthun Shoolbred posted a pair of videos to Facebook showing flames shooting from the hair dryer where warm air is supposed to come out. ...

The Spartanburg resident said unplugging the dryer led to a small burn on her hand, but she was otherwise uninjured.

"I'm so fortunate the dryer was pointing away from me, and my 5-year-old daughter was not getting ready with me that morning," Shoolbred told TODAY Style. "It could have been horrific." ...

FULL STORY (With Videos): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/0.../?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=6

Back