• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bastille Day Attack in Nice

Anyone heard some news on where the money came from?

I feel that "Bastille Day attack in Nice" would be a better title.... :rolleyes:

I concur.
Please try to keep this thread to strictly conspiratorial discussion.

Anyone heard some news on where the money came from?

Not yet but this was a well planned operation. More may emerge, as five suspects have been arrested. There is evidence directly linking some of them to the attack. So far no evidence of communications between the plotters and ISIS or AQ. But the money suggests outside involvement.

Nice killer had accomplices and planned for year, says prosecutor
Five to be arraigned in connection with complicity in a terrorist undertaking

• Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, the Tunisian driver who killed 84 people by driving a lorry down the Promenade des Anglais in Nice on July 14th, “benefited from support and complicity in the preparation and execution of his criminal act,” Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said on Thursday.

He said five people, a Tunisian, two Franco-Tunisians and an Albanian couple who sold a pistol, are to be charged with complicity in a terrorist undertaking, said Mr Molins.

The 400 police investigators working under his orders have found no evidence of links with other jihadist groups such as Islamic State.

Evidence from Lahouaiej-Bouhlel’s telephone and computer indicate he planned the attack for at least a year. He photographed an article dated May 25th, 2015, about the amphetamine captagon, “known as the magic potion of fighters and used by some jihadists responsible for terrorist acts,” said Mr Molins.

Lahouaiej-Bouhlel zoomed on the crowd in photographs of Bastille Day and other festivities in Nice in July and August 2015.

The killer had 1,278 telephone contacts with Mohamed Walid G, an alleged conspirator, over the past year. Mohamed Walid G went to the scene after the attack and filmed journalists and rescue services, as well as himself, said Mr Molins.

Investigators found photographs of Mohamed Walid G with Lahouaiej-Bouhlel in the cab of the lorry on July 11th and 13th. Choucri C, another suspect, was photographed in the cab with the killer three hours before the attack. ...
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...nd-planned-for-year-says-prosecutor-1.2730096

Something I find consistently-odd about all these attacks is not just the speed with which named individual perpetrators can be identified, but also that they are openly so named.

Classic intelligence-gathering approaches used to originally protect sources by at least delaying any public statements regarding the precise identity of those allegedly involved.

[I realise that any quizzical comments regarding process / official reports added into these types of potential conspiracy threads (such as the observations I've just made) tend not to be well-accepted, so mods please feel free to delete this post.]

Something I find consistently-odd about all these attacks is not just the speed with which named individual perpetrators can be identified, but also that they are openly so named.

Classic intelligence-gathering approaches used to originally protect sources by at least delaying any public statements regarding the precise identity of those allegedly involved.

[I realise that any quizzical comments regarding process / official reports added into these types of potential conspiracy threads (such as the observations I've just made) tend not to be well-accepted, so mods please feel free to delete this post.]

In this case the alleged co-conspirators have been arrested and are due to be charged, so their names would be public knowledge anyway. Not seeing a conspiracy here I'm afraid.

Back