• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

BBC or ITV footage of cigar shaped UFO

cardinaluk

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Can anyone find me youtube footage or any stock footage of this particular sighting which has stayed in my memory as a particularly genuine UFO sighting.

It was on a UFO documentary (I think American) and it showed a Professional TV crew with cameras etc...in a field in the UK somewhere (according to the doc they were there filming something unrelated for a program of something) and they spot a cigar shaped object which extended and shortened in length as they watched it.

The thing is that it seemed like the crew were genuinely amazed at what they saw.

Can anyone help? I think its fairly famous footage.

T

I thought this was going to be a bit of film I saw a while back, and has been playing on my mind lately.

It was footage captured in the background of either an interview, or perhaps it was CCTV. Anyway, something streaks past the camera. When the film is slowed down, the object appears to be, and this is the best way I can describe it, "huffing and puffing" as it moves. It is round, but expands, then contracts, jerking along in the air, almost as if it is "squirting" along.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Jeez, I gotta stop posting after I get back from the pub...

LordRsmacker said:
I thought this was going to be a bit of film I saw a while back, and has been playing on my mind lately.

It was footage captured in the background of either an interview, or perhaps it was CCTV. Anyway, something streaks past the camera. When the film is slowed down, the object appears to be, and this is the best way I can describe it, "huffing and puffing" as it moves. It is round, but expands, then contracts, jerking along in the air, almost as if it is "squirting" along.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Jeez, I gotta stop posting after I get back from the pub...

I don't remember the footage you mention, but the movement sounds to me like the way a squid moves through water
(There was an article on Mysterious Universe about atmospheric creatures which I read the other day and this made me think of it)

johncbdg1 said:
I said it before even tv cams cant catch the clarity in ufo footage.

what you may got there on film is one early filming of a chentrail?

The crew were using a film camera, not video.

It looks like an intermittent contrail to me, caused by mildly unusual humidity conditions in the upper atmosphere. You can't expect a filmcrew to be trained in meteorology. Where's Gavin Pretor-Pinney when you need him?

First I thought it may have been a meteorite or something else. Because the crew said it was round and orange. But according to them it was also spinning and slowing down before shooting off. I don't think it was a spaceship of any form but some sort of strange weather/ natural phenomenon. Interesting but no evidence of anything intelligent involved.

LordRsmacker said:

I remember seeing this on an early-90s UFO documentary. If I recall correctly, it was a locked-off wide angle shot of a wheat field on a summer day, with, I think, a windmill off to one side - the kind of thing they might run the credits of a Country File type show over. Might also have been at sunset.

The object streaked from right to left across the frame, and was small enough that it seemed to be a considerable distance away. It traversed the field of view in maybe 20-30 frames, which would have been impossibly fast if it really were a distant object. Slowed down and enlarged, it appeared to pulse between a round blob shape and an elongated rod, maybe 4 to 6 times longer than it was thick. I can't recall if there were any frames where it was in transition, or if it was alternating between blob and rod on each frame.

I now wonder if it wasn't a tiny insect very close to the camera, with the stretching/contracting effect due to motion blur, interlacing artifacts etc., as in the more recent "Roswell Rods" case. I'd like to see that clip again, though, it was very striking at the time.

LordRsmacker said:

Is this the clip you mean?

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/191862

AirshipFlapper said:
I remember seeing this on an early-90s UFO documentary. If I recall correctly, it was a locked-off wide angle shot of a wheat field on a summer day, with, I think, a windmill off to one side - the kind of thing they might run the credits of a Country File type show over. Might also have been at sunset.

The object streaked from right to left across the frame, and was small enough that it seemed to be a considerable distance away. It traversed the field of view in maybe 20-30 frames, which would have been impossibly fast if it really were a distant object. Slowed down and enlarged, it appeared to pulse between a round blob shape and an elongated rod, maybe 4 to 6 times longer than it was thick. I can't recall if there were any frames where it was in transition, or if it was alternating between blob and rod on each frame.

I now wonder if it wasn't a tiny insect very close to the camera, with the stretching/contracting effect due to motion blur, interlacing artifacts etc., as in the more recent "Roswell Rods" case. I'd like to see that clip again, though, it was very striking at the time.

I'm sure this is the clip:-

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/191879

Similar, very similar to the first one, but I'm sure the footage I saw was much clearer for starters.

Secondly, I'm sure it went from left to right, and like has been said, would have been going at a serious lick, it was only when the film was slowed down that this thing became apparent. (The squid description, or maybe a jellyfish is what springs to mind)

Maybe my memory ain't what it was.

Cheers for finding those anyway.

Thanks

Well impressed by you finding that documentary thank you.

Yes that's the footage but I'm fairly sure there is more to that particular footage. I remember footage of the object starting and stopping etc. That may be down to my memory filling in the blanks though so I can't be adamant.
It does look like a chem/vapour trail to me but its a pity the doc doesn't show it zooming off....then that would be for me irrefutable proof of something ET!

I remember the original footage when it was shown when I was a kid in the 70's, and my memory tends to be the same as it was shown quite frequently during the 70's as these types of UFO sightings were hardly common.

I do have a vague memory of it being on the news first of all, then a kids programme on ITV.

Do you mean you remember more to the footage?

It would be nice to find all the footage....this footage for me (apart from some of the Brazillian eclipse videos) are the most convincing UFO events ever for me.

Back