• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Beast Of Bexley

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Pic at site

Exclusive photograph of the Beast of Bexley
THIS is the closest-ever picture of the Beast of Bexley.
Over several years there have been scores of sightings around the borough of a panther-like creature.
And at the weekend, mum-of-three Debbie Marshall took this amazing picture at the bottom of her garden.
Mrs Marshall, of Crombie Road, Sidcup, was making the bed when she looked out of the window and saw the beast.
At first she was confused but the more she looked the more she realised it was no ordinary moggy.
The 40-year-old grabbed a digital camera and, surrounded by her three children, waited for a photo opportunity.
Eventually the creature moved closer and crouched in tall grass, allowing the human resources officer to capture it.
She said: "I waited and eventually it made its way across the field.
"It wasn't running or galloping like a normal cat, it was more tiger-like in its movements."
Mrs Marshall, who is married to Brian, 41, says her neighbour's cat was also in the field but was around "six or seven times smaller" than the beast.
She said: "I have read about the Beast of Bexley before and sort of believed them but now I have seen it myself I am convinced it is real."
Mrs Marshall's children Bradley, 15, Hannah, 11, and Daniel, nine, wanted to stand on the garden shed to get a better view but she would not let them, choosing to stay in the bedroom, which she estimates to have been 100ft from the big cat.
She added: "I couldn't believe what I was looking at and was desperate to get a picture to show people so they would believe me. This wasn't like any ordinary cat."
7:42am Wednesday 15th February 2006

Gordon

link

I'm sure she saw something, but as a smoking gun, I have to say this photo falls short.

Most of us by now accept the fact of ABCs roaming in Britain, so it's perhaps surprising that there's been no conclusive picture in all this time. Mind you, I don't suppose the cats particularly want to hang around waiting to be snapped, and who can blame them?

I just looked at the pic and TBH, it just looks like a piece of black plastic caught on a fence... :? It is a small pic admittedly, but if you look at it you can see one of those concrete fence posts that is angled over at the top and the black thing is just sitting right where you would expect the wires at the top of the fence to be.

Pic at site
Exclusive photograph of the Beast of Bexley
THIS is the closest-ever picture of the Beast of Bexley. ...

For archival purposes ... Here's the photo that originally accompanied the 2006 news item, expanded to 200%.

beast_of_bexley.gallery copy.jpg

Here's another 2005 sighting, described in a 2009 webpage over at Mysterious Britain & Ireland:
Beast of Bexley (2005)
BY IAN · PUBLISHED APRIL 7, 2009 · UPDATED NOVEMBER 7, 2018

On 25th May 2005 News Shopper published the following article by Linda Piper entitled ‘Return of the Beast’ It focuses on a potential shared sighting of the Beast of Bexley in Bexleyheath. Please note that the map does not show the exact location of the experience.

’THE Beast of Bexley has returned and this time it has left behind a huge paw print.

The large black panther, which has been spotted stalking areas of Bexley over the past three years, made its latest appearance last Thursday.

It was seen in Bexleyheath by astonished care worker Jim Hornby, 48, at his work just off Bexleyheath Broadway. ...

The care home where Mr Hornby works has a sensory garden which includes an area of sand.

The following morning when the staff went out for another look, they found a perfectly preserved, huge paw print in the sand.

It was nearly 5in across and its depth indicated it was made by something heavy. ...

In the past year, the Beast of Bexley, as it has been dubbed, has been seen at the Hillview Cemetery in Welling, around the woodlands at Shooters Hill, Plumstead Common, Danson Park, Barnehurst and Northumberland Heath. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/cryptozoology/beast-of-bexley-2005/

Back