• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Behaviour Modifications Of People Done By The Governments

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
This video is supposedly recorded in the Pentagon building 15 years ago.

It's a lecture on using flu vaccine to make islamists less fundamental and less interested in doing terror attacks.

It's a lecture on using flu vaccine to make islamists less fundamental and less interested in doing terror attacks.
I think what he is actually suggesting is a modified flu virus rather than a vaccine. Give them all flu to get the relavent gene into them. This sounds a bit more plausible (?) as,, well, good luck in getting any sort of a vaccine into any sort of a fundamentalist! Still sounds a bit far-fetched though.

Vaccinating against religion? To eliminate religion?
Fascinating.

There's been some recent work that identifies a stronger fear response in people who identify themselves as "conservative." I'd have to do some research, but I think the implication was that this was the expression of a genetic trait.

It's long seemed improbable to me that the votes in national elections here in the States are so very evenly divided, often decided by a relative handful out of the millions of votes cast. Ruling out the possibility that the vote is tampered with (that's a discussion for another day), is it possible that political orientation (conservative vs. liberal) has a genetic component?

Could gene therapy be used to create an electorate that was more complaisant to the ruling party? As you say Myth, could there be a vaccine against religion? The tweak would be exceedingly subtle; the people who were dosed would have no idea they had been interfered with.

More "Brave New World" than "Nineteen Eighty-Four" . . .

While it might be possible to genetically modify people to change their way of thinking, "religion" is such a far- and wide-ranging field it would be hard to determine if the effects were due to modified genes or other external factors.
Modern electronic media offer far easier, cheaper, and more reliable methods to influence people's thinking.

There's been some recent work that identifies a stronger fear response in people who identify themselves as "conservative." I'd have to do some research, but I think the implication was that this was the expression of a genetic trait.

It's long seemed improbable to me that the votes in national elections here in the States are so very evenly divided, often decided by a relative handful out of the millions of votes cast. Ruling out the possibility that the vote is tampered with (that's a discussion for another day), is it possible that political orientation (conservative vs. liberal) has a genetic component?

Could gene therapy be used to create an electorate that was more complaisant to the ruling party? As you say Myth, could there be a vaccine against religion? The tweak would be exceedingly subtle; the people who were dosed would have no idea they had been interfered with.

So... once you've eliminated 'religious' and 'conservative' thinking, what then?
I guess you have a totally docile population, oven-ready for a New World Order, with its shape-changing reptilian overlords...

I think there have been many tests that suggest those who are more conservative are more fear attuned, I mean it's in the name itself: a conservative estimate is a more cautious one. Comparatively those who are more liberal are more open and flexible. I intend no insult, we are all a mix of open and cautious, flexible and inflexible and there strengths and weaknesses in both positions. My interactions and observances have lead me to conclude that people's politics is significantly biological if not actually genetic and heritable, although I think experience and upbringing plays a role too.

This is why it's futile to debate politics with someone on the other side and it often just angers both parties. People act like you can change other people's minds, I think you can on smaller, specific things but you will virtually never change their worldview. I think worldviews do sometimes change and occasionally do so dramatically for more emotive (biological/hormonal?) reasons.

Back