Belcher Rings

feinman

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It is probably going to be a year before I get around to casting, as I have a lot of other projects to work on commanding my attention, but it will get done! :)

feinman

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Green Man eyes have arrived! A phrase to add to the list of things I never thought I would utter or type. I'll post some pics after the 14-year-old Chorgi drags me around for a walk. My new book will be Inchorgiable: Three Months Locked in an Art Studio With a Chorgi".

Last edited:

feinman

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Okay,
So here is the Green Men Ring to scale seen from the side with the emerald eyes and one of the emerald brains(?) in the pic too! The leaves at the head would hold the gem along with the Green Man on the other side. I looked at a number of historic depictions and also wanted to keep face and vegetation readable from some distance. The eyes can be inserted from the side and then secured and set in place with the lids bent over them like prongs on a regular ring! I can even drill holes behind eyes to make them look more realistic and sparkly, as Belcher shanks have.

IMG_0769.JPG

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay,
So here is the Green Men Ring to scale seen from the side with the emerald eyes and one of the emerald brains(?) in the pic too! The leaves at the head would hold the gem along with the Green Man on the other side. I looked at a number of historic depictions and also wanted to keep face and vegetation readable from some distance. The eyes can be inserted from the side and then secured and set in place with the lids bent over them like prongs on a regular ring! I can even drill holes behind eyes to make them look more realistic and sparkly, as Belcher shanks have.
Oh he's lovely! Leaf Crown + Leaf Mask + either Spouter or Hirsute, depending on the two short fronds near his mouth.

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
So much green man adornment is same old same old. Bought in pressings stuck to. say, a nice lump of green semi-precious stone. But this... I am SO pleased an artist is tackling the image!!!!

feinman

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
So much green man adornment is same old same old. Bought in pressings stuck to. say, a nice lump of green semi-precious stone. But this... I am SO pleased an artist is tackling the image!!!!
I'm so happy you are liking the design! It's so much more fun to share the process of art! I picked up a few more emeralds for more rings. I really like emeralds (and rubies and sapphires). "Stay away from eBay" is my mantra for a bit, until a bunch of things are done first. I managed to get in at a time when there were a LOT of good gemstones up for auction so I went for it. Worth it too, because now none of those sellers are auctioning stone anymore, having realized that they were losing money Big Time. This is good, because now I don't need to buy any more stones but for an occasional emerald. I became addicted to unheated translucent Guinea Rubies for a while (purple crack, really), and auctions are a real rush --especially if you know certain techniques that have served me well. It turned out to be a good investment and will give me something to mess with when I am older.

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
Opals are my weakness. Not sandwiched with glass or dyed. Just... opals. And pearls. I admit they are rough on the oysters (see what I did there????) but nevertheless I am a sucker.